Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Who are the admins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just curious if someone could point me in the right direction of the current DNF admin(s). Thanks!

(Fun Fact of the Day: This is Dan, the original mastermind creator behind DNF :smilewinkgrin: )

Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see the original owner post here... Welcome back. ;)

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just curious if someone could point me in the right direction of the current DNF admin(s). Thanks!

(Fun Fact of the Day: This is Dan, the original mastermind creator behind DNF :smilewinkgrin: )
Dan,

Do you want the site back?

John

C

Chuck

Hi there Dan, how are you doing?

Shoot me a PM if you need anything.

Regards,

Chuck

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

interesting!! Dan, we need to talk :D

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting read here...

http://www.dnforum.com/f77/recent-happenings-thread-5598.html

Never knew this forum was started by a teen and sold in the manner it did. I see $800 more mentioned at one point so it was also dirty cheap. Greg did well and Adam built upon that, everyone has profited and become informed thanks to the forum. Nice to see the creator post again, ironic you never did anything really with investing. I suppose you were just a kid so... too bad really, youd think the brain child of a domain forum would have a portfolio worth 10's of millions lol. So I assume you are just 23 or so today ?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Dan!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting read here...

Never knew this forum was started by a teen and sold in the manner it did. I see $800 more mentioned at one point so it was also dirty cheap. Greg did well and Adam built upon that, everyone has profited and become informed thanks to the forum. Nice to see the creator post again, ironic you never did anything really with investing. I suppose you were just a kid so... too bad really, youd think the brain child of a domain forum would have a portfolio worth 10's of millions lol. So I assume you are just 23 or so today ?

I did try to buy it as well at that time. Still affordable but when Greg managed it, it's another ball game.

A lot of original members already left, one of them is namepopper just dissappeared without notice.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of original members already left, one of them is namepopper just dissappeared without notice.
LOL! Quite a few back then had praised and vouched for NamePopper, who later turned out to be more a persona than a real person.

How interesting.
Imagine "Trader" could of been the owner :eek:
I for one don't see any problem with that. Gregr once ruled this place, you know.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How interesting.
Imagine "Trader" could of been the owner :eek:

Thanks copper :?: It all came down to trusting a high school boy as far as being of legal age goes. a few dollars, and a few minutes time, or I would have owned it.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Dan,

Do you want the site back?

John

Actually, yes I do. :-/

Interesting read here...

Yep, just a slightly immature kid who probably should never have sold the site when I did. I am almost 23, just finishing up university now. I am currently making a pretty decent living from my online business.. I guess it's only fitting that I am after countless years of being online trying to start sites/make money. I wish I had a bit more to show of course though.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnn. Dan, Do you want the site back? John
Actually, yes I do. :-/

This was the only reson :eek: I did not grab it when I could have easily owned it for roughly 5k or less, well before GregR jumped on the sale band wagon.

I was warned by folks (including legal expert) since Dan was a minor the sale could be voided by Dan at any future time (even years later) on the grounds he was a minor at the time and therefore not legally competant.

Last edited:

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
This was the only reson :eek: I did not grab it when I could have easily owned it for roughly 5k or less, well before GregR jumped on the sale band wagon.

I was warned by a number of folks (including legal expert) since Dan was a minor the sale could be voided by Dan at any future time (even years later) on the grounds he was a minor at the time and therefore not competant.

Does this mean I can draft up a legal team and re-take the site? jk. :)

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, just a slightly immature kid who probably should never have sold the site when I did. I am almost 23, just finishing up university now. I am currently making a pretty decent living from my online business.. I guess it's only fitting that I am after countless years of being online trying to start sites/make money. I wish I had a bit more to show of course though.

The forum was one of the few places to get my domain discussion "fix" after they changed the old Afternic. It was a growing forum and Gregr saw the potential and took things to a new level. Paid subscriptions for one thing. I think Gregr underestimated the value here and sold to Adam. He sold for a nice profit, but I'll bet that he wishes he hadn't. Adam has continued to advance the whole concept. Good for all of us.
I'm sure that you will be remembered as the original owner, but I don't know if things would be at this level if you had kept the site. I didn't see the full potential myself. Best of luck in your ventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom