Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Who are the admins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just curious if someone could point me in the right direction of the current DNF admin(s). Thanks!

(Fun Fact of the Day: This is Dan, the original mastermind creator behind DNF :smilewinkgrin: )

Upvote 0

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ah, the memories...DNF ran a free forum software at the beginning. Then one day, Dan switched to vBulletin and all the previous posts were gone :D

Neither he or the three moderators knew how to tweak vB. I remember using banner images of buxom (but dressed) females as my sig, promoting my 3-char domain sales on eBay :D

Because I posted a lot, the mods didn't like seeing it all over the place; instead of turning the image sig feature off, they banned me :D So I started DomainGator.com (forum is now turned off) the 2nd oldest forum after DNForum.

Meanwhile, the three amigos failed to buy DNForum and Greg bought it from under their noses, so they left and started DomainState. The selling price of DNForum for $5,000 was never confirmed (come on Dan, tell us).

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, yes I do.
Unbelievable, just goes to show you whatkids can do!
Yep, just a slightly immature kid who probably should never have sold the site when I did. I am almost 23, just finishing up university now. I am currently making a pretty decent living from my online business.. I guess it's only fitting that I am after countless years of being online trying to start sites/make money. I wish I had a bit more to show of course though.

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Dan can afford to buy DNF now!! it's a priceless forum, aint it?

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Dan can afford to buy DNF now!! it's a priceless forum, aint it?
Maybe Adam doesn't want to sell it, but I can't imagine DNF pulling in more than $25k per month, so it's not exactly like it'd be worth many millions at face value (of course, it could be that Adam doesn't want to sell it, which would be fair enough). I could be wrong about the $25k per month figure (i.e. it could be more), but I'm just guessing based on what I've seen. :)

dan said:
Yep, just a slightly immature kid who probably should never have sold the site when I did. I am almost 23, just finishing up university now. I am currently making a pretty decent living from my online business.. I guess it's only fitting that I am after countless years of being online trying to start sites/make money. I wish I had a bit more to show of course though.
That's understandable. I was lucky that my first main site (which I started when I was 11/12) was run well and still valuable when I sold it a year plus ago.

You obviously know your stuff; good luck with what you choose to do in the future :)

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe Adam doesn't want to sell it, but I can't imagine DNF pulling in more than $25k per month, so it's not exactly like it'd be worth many millions at face value (of course, it could be that Adam doesn't want to sell it, which would be fair enough). I could be wrong about the $25k per month figure (i.e. it could be more), but I'm just guessing based on what I've seen. :)

I don't know about that - check out the advertising fees:

http://www.dnforum.com/advertise.php

Add in new memberships and I'm sure he's got referral links for a lot of the ads...

He could be.

tristanperry

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that - check out the advertising fees:

http://www.dnforum.com/advertise.php

Add in new memberships and I'm sure he's got referral links for a lot of the ads...

He could be.
Hmm yes that's good points, thanks for the links, couldn't find it when I looked for it :)

I wonder if the GoDaddy ads are paid for (I assume Adam is still in a high-up position there?), but over $25k/month does seem likely having seen that link :)

tristanperry

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy, GoMommy, GoSonny and GoDaughty all have to pay for the advertise.

Otherwise they have to Go to GoNowhere.
Hehe, fair enough :) I just wondered since they seemed to come about more when Adam got appointed at GoDaddy.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While I was not a member back when Dan owned it, I appreaciate everything he put into this place.

... and all ads are paid for :)

-=DCG=-

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, the three amigos failed to buy DNForum and Greg bought it from under their noses, so they left and started DomainState. The selling price of DNForum for $5,000 was never confirmed (come on Dan, tell us).

DomainState and Namepros.

Dan, you created this forum when you were just kid.
With all additional knowledges/experiences you gained since then,
I am sure you can do many great things and much better this time :)

Anybody can do it, but it was the perfect timing in my humble opinion.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I got the idea from the first domain name forum (as far as I know), www.domainnameforum.co.uk. Regged the domain, slapped on a much better forum software (vB), and started desperately trying to spread the word. If I remember correctly, I think it was through posting on a domain name newsgroup which got a bunch of new members; then word just started spreading.

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dan, what you expecting to do now?

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Meh.. I'm doing OK right now with my e-commerce site. I'm making just about as much money as I could make starting off in the job market with my MIS/BIT degree. I'm hoping to go all out on this site and see how far I can get. I haven't really decided on whether or not I want to supplement my income with working full time for someone else as well, but if I do it would most likely be an internet marketing position where I can continue to develop skills with SEO, etc.

Soofi

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meh.. I'm doing OK right now with my e-commerce site.
what is your site? link?

plus, I thought you'd wanted to get DNF back! are you going to make an offer to current owner???

tristanperry

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meh.. I'm doing OK right now with my e-commerce site. I'm making just about as much money as I could make starting off in the job market with my MIS/BIT degree. I'm hoping to go all out on this site and see how far I can get. I haven't really decided on whether or not I want to supplement my income with working full time for someone else as well, but if I do it would most likely be an internet marketing position where I can continue to develop skills with SEO, etc.
Nah, work for yourself, much easier ;) Just kidding; good luck in what you choose to do.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
All I know is that if Focus bought DNForum the logo would be:

marijuana_leaf1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom