Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Who to register with for easiest transfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gbrott

Who do you recommned registering domains with for easiest transfer? I'll be turning some around quickly and want to make the transfers as easy as possible.

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gbrott
Who do you recommned registering domains with for easiest transfer? I'll be turning some around quickly and want to make the transfers as easy as possible.

Thanks

stargateinc.com

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I never tried stargate, but RegisterFly has an easy instant domain transfer utility too. You can put domains into another account instantly from your account. But the other person must have a RegisterFly account (you can create one for them yourself if they don't have one..)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan I never tried stargate, but RegisterFly has an easy instant domain transfer utility too. You can put domains into another account instantly from your account. But the other person must have a RegisterFly account (you can create one for them yourself if they don't have one..)

The other person also needing an account there is a big negative.

I think RegisterFly and Stargate and several others require it.

There is little to compare to OpenSRS. :)

Fast, free, online transfers with no hassle or red tape.

Link to OpenSRS Reseller -

www.3-g.com/domain-registration/index.html

Re: ownership transfers.

How are you going to do the transfer if both parties don't use the same Registrar and expect it to be free?

Stargate is easy, fast and paperless. I haven't transferred using Registerfly.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by timechange Re: ownership transfers. How are you going to do the transfer if both parties don't use the same Registrar and expect it to be free? Stargate is easy, fast and paperless. I haven't transferred using Registerfly.

I think with Stargate and several others, both parties need an account there, a huge negative. :mad:

With OpenSRS/Tucows there is NO CHARGE by them for a free fast hassle free online transfer to them. Transfers away are also handled with no fee or red tape imposed by OpenSRS :)

The only cost with transfers to OpenSRS is a small $15 fee which pays for adding 1 full year to the expiration date, added to the current exp date.

i.e. If your transferred name expires on Oct 15 2002, the new exp date after transfer would be Oct 15 2003 which costs $15.

Be careful when you are talking about changes of ownership compared to domain transfers. Some of you are mixing the two here.

Transfers are by definition between registrars or resellers.

Changes of ownership simply move a domain from one management account at a particular registrar to another management account at that same registrar.

OpenSRS resellers genearlly do not charge for changes of ownership. You can move your domain from one management account to another at the same RSP using the public interface at manage.opensrs.net, or at your reseller. I say generally, because there are a few who put their own front end in place and you don't have the username and password for your domain - they provide additional services and may charge you for things that other resellers do not.

Transfers, by definition, add another year to the expiration of your domain. This is a registry requirement. The only question is whether the losing registrar charges, and what the fee is from the gaining registrar. OpenSRS resellers may choose to charge leaving fees, and may charge anything they want for renewal fees. The $15 quoted above is typical for a renewal fee, but it's not dictated by OpenSRS - some resellers charge much more, and a few charge less.

-t

NetShooter

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bulkregister.com

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take a look at AddressCreation.com ($15/name/year).
Transfer pushing is very easy with this registrar.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Easiest transfer?

eNOM hands down.

Correct me If I am wrong, gbrott says to register domains for easiest transfer sounds like he meant ownership transfer rather than register a name and quickly transfer to another registrar, because it does not makes sense to do so.

Regarding which registrar is easiest for ownership transfer, since I have not tried too many registrars, I cannot say for sure which is easiest for ownership transfer.

However, out of those that I have used, enom and opensrs are both fast, free and easy for ownership transfer. Opensrs does not requires you OR your buyer to fill in information to create an account (if your buyer does not have enom account), so if money factor and volume requirement to become reseller of the registrar, ease of usage, value added services, etc... are not a consideration, I would recommend opensrs for easiest ownership transfer out of few registrars that I have used.

Good Luck!

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I use Joker.com a lot, recomend them to - but they are not good at domain transfers. They need a lot of snail mailed docs, faxs - even the PDF file to explain how is huge.

Star Gate, GoDaddy, Directi - those I know and have tried. Easy and fast.

Bulk Register, easiest of them all - I am one of their resellers. I can change the admin of a domain, then the buyer cantransfer the domains to another registrar - unless they have their own BR account, and I can transfer it for them.

No need to say this - but for Fun, just look at what NSI requires for any domain transfer - read it when you need to sleep ;)

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use GKG.net (for which I am a reseller at FineE.com, reg fee $8.75 a year). As for domain transfers very easy. The buyer does not need a reseller account just a basic user account. This can be created free of charge online

The transfer is done online for free. Simply change the username for all the contacts. I completed a transaction from receiving payment via paypal to transferiing the domain online in a matter of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom