Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Who will be the first to register this great domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am doing a little experiment. I will list a "good" domain name that someone may want to register.

fortified.org

I want to see who, if anyone, from this forum will register it, and how fast. If you have registered this name, please reply here.

Domain summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll let Mr Verisign add that to his domain collection.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name is not really that good even as a dot-com, with only 71 results from Suggestion Tool.

In addition, the .US name is also available for a reg fee too, making selecting the .ORG difficult if one also values the .US highly as I do. It also seems strange the Biz and Info is taken when the Org and US are better extensions in my view.

As a side note: DirectNic suggests as their number-1 listed alternative to the dot-com, reg'ing an alternative name "golan-heights.com - a fortified hilly area between S Lebanon and S Syria" That seems like an odd suggestion from them. :rolleyes:

domainer111

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Speaking of freebies....

I would like to share with you 230+ expired domain names from a recent trawl.

The url is http://www.domain-names-for-sale-e.com/jack.html .

Here's the names on the list that managed to get an Alexa ranking (all in the three million+ bracket).

There's also lots of others from previous trawls! Speaking of low goto's: anyone think FriendshipSite.com is gonna get type-ins? I'll lay $100 it gets hits and makes $$$ via a dating affiliate.

openflights.com
goldvase.com
wwwnewhome.com
cellularphonecentral.com
rejectmarket.com
caravanhomes.com
budgetcarnet.com
albumcenter.com
freewebgifts.com
arcadetheater.com
sillypage.com
cheappictures.com

g.L!!!!
domainer111,

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fortified.org . . . great site name for an organization of T-Bird winos. you could send a free pint to every new member. :)

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see that fortified.org is still available. The .com, .net, .biz and .info are all registered, however. Interesting. I don't think it's THAT much of a dog, though I don't want it either... I registered my first .org a week or so ago after finding it on a drop list, but don't plan to make a habit of it. :D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domainer111 Speaking of freebies....I would like to share with you 230+ expired domain names from a recent trawl. The url is http://www.domain-names-for-sale-e.com/jack.html. Here's the names on the list that managed to get an Alexa ranking (all in the three million+ bracket). There's also lots of others from previous trawls! Speaking of low goto's: anyone think FriendshipSite.com is gonna get type-ins? I'll lay $100 it gets hits and makes $$$ via a dating affiliate. .L!!!! domainer111,

openflights.com
goldvase.com
wwwnewhome.com
cellularphonecentral.com
rejectmarket.com
caravanhomes.com
budgetcarnet.com
albumcenter.com
freewebgifts.com
arcadetheater.com
sillypage.com
cheappictures.com.

I realize there are major differences between Suggestion Tool & Alexa but is still seems odd so many of the above names have zero returns or insignificant numbers on Suggestion Tool. It would seem like with more than 3 million Alexa Ranking the names would do better at Suggestion Tool than they actually do. Does anyone where have an explanation?

Personally, I have never liked Alexa that much and rarely look at it. The results appear to me to be sometimes very odd. In addition, their data base is terribly out of date. I have seen some of my names with information (including address and contact info) which was several yrs old, i.e. changed the business address and other details 2 or 3 yrs ago but Alexa never updated their data base. :confused: Also, some of my websites have more links and a higher rating than reported.

W

WeTLD

domainer111

Why would anyone in their right mind consider any of the names in your list?

This is probably why they are expiring or you are letting them expire.

3 Million lookups! I don't think so!

Cheers,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He prolly meant in the 3 million rank range - in other words, not a very good ranking really.

W

WeTLD

Originally posted by beatz
He prolly meant in the 3 million rank range - in other words, not a very good ranking really.

No! "Domainer111" Said:

Here's the names on the list that managed to get an Alexa ranking (all in the three million+ bracket).

How could that be construed as "not a very good ranking"?

Cheers,

Dave Sullivan, WeTLD

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow! I guess people at the Dn Forum are more picky than I thought :)

But honestly though, fortified.org isn't a bad name... I could image a company wanting it. And fortified.org IS better than a lot of the garbage people register.

FYI,
fortify.org is ALSO available; .com, .net, .biz, & .info are also taken on this one. Perhaps someone will register this one.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How could that be construed as "not a very good ranking"?

regardless of how its construed it isn't very good. domains in that range are just minimal for traffic.

Fortified.org

wouldn't waste the $8

Sorry!

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Dot orgs - never even try for them, unless I want a nice full set. BUT a free pint mind make me change my mind ;)

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that people on this forum rely on Overture's suggestion tool far too much for domain name valuations. The amount of type-in traffic that a domain name gets is not the only consideration in a valuation.

For example, IMO, fortified.com is worth ~ $20k - $30k to the right person. No, not too many people are typing in fortfied.com in their browsers, but a company could make good use of the word "fortified". It is a vogue word that has many positive associations, powerful, secure, etc. A company could establish an excellent identity with fortified.

Of course, fortified.org, is worth very little, but if you can find a non-profit who would like this image, a sale can be made.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to agree.
This overture, alexa stuff doesn't really prove anything.
e.g
I have a domain that gets 16457 results on overture and has 52 other sites that link to it according to alexa....
and does not get 1/4 of the traffic one of my other domains get that has 37 results on overture and 0 sites linked to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators