Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Whois-Search.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why is this guys URL listed in the chat all the time ? (even when the only person in there is just me)
:) :)

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. Because I know Dan that owns this forum and I link to him from bennoart.com which has 100s of hits a day. I also redirected Domain-Chat.com to here.

2. Whois-Search.com is the best whois on the net - and its FREE - so why don't you stop being abusive to me and try it ???

Andrew

Andrew

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YOU talking to ME ???????

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bennoart
... is the best whois on the net - and its FREE - so why don't you stop being abusive to me and try it ???

Andrew

Sure with that attitude, my fingers can't wait to type in your URL.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who's Dan Gessler? :confused:

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
His url is there because he links to dnforum, if you link to here let me know and I'll get your url in the chat list box..

Spamming like this only serves to bring the quality of the board down. If bennoart needs to advertise his site he should put it in his signiture in my opinion rather than starting thread about it. If everyone acted the the same manner the board would be filled with 95% advertising and very little real content. Is that really how we want things to go?

I also agree that bennoarts constant spamming in the chat room is very annoying, I'm not talking about the link list, but rather the the posts advertising domains for sale and his others sites which are far too numerous in my opinion.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bennoart
The only thing that brings the quality of the board down is the abuse I get ! Leave me Alone

[ snipped ]

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. I'm 21

2. this is domain news and I posted my Whois-search.com Once to say my site is new and even better

3. My Whois-Search.com is the best and searches better than Betterwhois.com

4. I don't need your comments - i'm getting 100s of hits a day

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WHOIS-SEARCH.COM

Is is the best ... www.whois-search.com .. ever.

Have you seen the quick links on the site, or the expired name list for free.

The benno bashing is out of order, this is a domain name forum
isn't it !

If bennoart wasn't so generous with his, www.domain-chat.com
redirected to here do you think that the membership numbers would be increasing.

Is anybody else here offering such a service.

HUH.

:sad:

I like http://www.whois-search.com/expired.php free service bennoart provided. Although it is outdated, but it is free.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR
[snipped url]

Is is the best ... [snipped URL] .. ever.

[snip]

The benno bashing is out of order, this is a domain name forum

Yes it is a domain name forum. However in my opinion, and obviously the opinion of others, certain people have been spamming it. As snoopy pointed out [above] if we all did it, it wouldn't work as a 'discussion' forum.

If bennoart wasn't so generous with his, [URL snipped]

I don't personally think that it's generous at all.

redirected to here do you think that the membership numbers would be increasing.

I don't personally think it would make any difference.

[snip]

My point (and I don't apologise for anything I have said previously about it) is that there is a time and a place for everything. I personally think bennoart has overstepped the mark, which is why I have recently been putting him on ignore in the chat room. I didn't personally have a problem with him until recently and I otherwise like the guy.

I'm not apologetic for airing my views. Better that I say what I feel rather than bottle it up, and you go on think that I thinking it's fine for someone to repeatedly [Ctrl] [V] irrelevant URL after URL in the chat room.

davidthornton

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[snip]

2. this is domain news and I posted my Whois-search.com Once to say my site is new and even better

Well that might be your view on things but I have recently had to put you on /ignore in the chat room (something I dislike doing) because you have annoyed me with your repeated [Ctrl] [V] of URL after URL after URL. Some for your personal site, some for the sites you have listed here today and others. You often do it three times in quick succession.

I've also noticed that you have done the same thing on Usenet.

I don't think you can blame people for seeing red when you 'so innocently' post your site here, simply because of all the other times you have consistantly done it in the past.

If we all did it, it the forum wouldn't work.

3. My Whois-Search.com is the best and searches better than Betterwhois.com

In your opinion, maybe. So do you log all of the WHOIS queries that are put into it and look through them regularly?

Anyway, not wanting to perpetuate this thread too much more, perhaps this forum should go the way of Webhostingtalk.com and have an advertising forum. Adverts go in that only and nowhere else.

What do people think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators