Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Whta do you think of Adsense for my music site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I run http://www.musiciansforums.com/ and am currently using Googles Adsense program...

Im getting 1000+ page views a day now and the site is growing... However Im getting only about 1 click through a day right now. A whopping 3 to 5 cents from google.

At this rate maybe I can buy a hamburger soon :) Anyone have any ideas on how to make the site more profitable? I.E. convert the musician traffic I have into $???

Thanks in advance!

-Matt

cobrad.com

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JUST add things that people will stay more in your forums

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well thats sort of the problem... They are already staying in the forums..ALOT. And using it quite a bit however Im not making squat on the site from ads.

What im looking for is advice from someone in a similar situation who has a content only site and has successfully gotten ad money from it. How much $ did you get from your site and how can I do the same?

Thanks again,

-Matt

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
would it be a violation of the adsense rules for you to have some sort of contest within your forum; one that was related to the content of the ads and require them to read the ad to get the answer? just a thought.

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure it will be against the TOS. By trying to read the ad, you are trying to force the member to click on the ad....click fraud and adsense will close your account. Dont do it....guys...!!

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What you are doing now violates Google's TOS. You can't say

"Please help pay for this sites web hosting fees by checking out our sites sponsors above. Thanks!"

The only thing you can do is to label them "sponsored links". If you are still allowed in AdSense you should remove that statement. Try checking the "frames" box on Adsense and see if it pulls better ads that way. You can also play around with the page content to get better ads.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure you only use the term "sponsored links". I used "Great Links" and Google made me change the wording.

carlomrx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
also, don't be afraid to experiment with other programs that are similar to adsense, if you are only getting a couple of clicks a day, it won't hurt you to dedicate a page or two on your site to another program, if it works, you can expand and if not, you only lost out on a few cents.

I've found that the marketshare adsense has acquired has forced other companies to pay more to you per click, etc. just a thought, but i don't think it would hurt.

hooloovoo22

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
don't do the contest idea, or you really will be looking for a new contextual advertising program.

you can try having adsense posted within the thread. For instance, it would be the 2nd message in the thread. There are ways to do this...I haven't done it, but have seen it before.

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hooloovoo22 said:
don't do the contest idea, or you really will be looking for a new contextual advertising program.

you can try having adsense posted within the thread. For instance, it would be the 2nd message in the thread. There are ways to do this...I haven't done it, but have seen it before.
I dont suggest you doing this. Ive read about this before and its not allowed either. Google representative said so.

mkx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How many unique visits is the site getting a day?

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would it only be Google that banned incentive based clicking? I know an online game that requires you to click links for a bonus. Could they track this, and is it legal?

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its a nice site, but you need to lay the header out better and change the Adsense ad colours to mingle with the rest.

Have a title the width of the forum with the login information etc, and right underneath the ads, and underneath that the topics.

That won't fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators