Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Why .ca domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerman

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Eric from Vancouver. I'm a domainer focusing on .ca.

I'm curious to find out why you're interested in .ca names. What originally attracted you to .ca names? Does that allure still hold true for you? I became involved because I found opportunities exist in .ca names that I couldn't find in .com.

Take care,

Eric

Domain summit 2024

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Eric from Vancouver. I'm a domainer focusing on .ca.

I'm curious to find out why you're interested in .ca names. What originally attracted you to .ca names? Does that allure still hold true for you? I became involved because I found opportunities exist in .ca names that I couldn't find in .com.

Take care,

Eric

Welcome. I'm from Langley and there are quite a few other vancouver domainers around too.

I decided to focus on .ca in 2003 specifically because I saw the same thing you do. The opportunities were huge and the cost to get in very modest.

And I truly believe that within the next few years cctld's will be more important than the .com's.

And priced accordingly:approve:

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Burgerman. Welcome to DNforum. I'm from Surrey and like DropWizard said, there are quite a few of us from the Lower Mainland. I originally got into .ca's as I owned online businesses at .coms and wanted to make sure someone didn't buy the .ca's. Through searching, I saw that there were alot (not so much anymore) of really good .ca domains still available...so I diversified and got involved (obsessed) with domaining. Anyways, welcome once again and I wish you the best.

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi from bby.ca.

Price and availability. I remember spending hours and hours searching .com whois to see if I could reg a good domain. I didn't get in early enough in dot .ca because I could see too many names available and thought no body cared, how foolish.

Namefox is the one that really got me excited about domains a few years back. I did reg a few in Jan 01 when it was sill possible to reg great expiring domains if you were quick enough. TBR auction killed it and really was designed to give the rich an advantage in the profitable world of online realestate.

Welcome.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators