Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Why is .mobi in cc tld section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MejCdj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because it is the country code of "man of bad ideas"

*SIGH* :upset:

Adam? Are you here please?

Would some one please direct him to this thread?

Thanks.

Domain Summit 2024

PVFARKAS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNForum administration, I also request for the .mobi section to be moved from the ccTLD's. It should have its own section, as supported by the sales that will posted on DNJournal, Winter, 2007, and continuing.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure Adam will have a look when he gets a chance.
I think it could be fun to have a dedicated section for .info too as well as .mobi

Anyway, worth mentioning that finally sedo has too added .mobi to the search results on sedo. So .mobi shows up with .net, .info, .com etc
Yep, the other tlds :smilewinkgrin:

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyway, worth mentioning that finally sedo has too added .mobi to the search results on sedo. So .mobi shows up with .net, .info, .com etc
Yep, the other tlds :smilewinkgrin:

Hi Pred :)

Thanks for the good News. So sedo eventually came around then :lol:

Great to have you back in the last week or so.

You've been away a few weeks back? I had noticed you were pretty thin on your posts, hope all is good. ;)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate.
Am currently developing, where i'm at at minute & will be doing more and more, so trying to keep away from talking all time, lol.
Nice to be missed anyway. lol
Anyway back to work.
cheers

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Pred :)

Thanks for the good News. So sedo eventually came around then :lol:

Great to have you back in the last week or so.

You've been away a few weeks back? I had noticed you were pretty thin on your posts, hope all is good. ;)
Well, we know he did not spend any of that time getting a haircut. Look at his profile pic!

profilepic75544_11.gif

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He was snapping a photo of his girlfriend. They have matching mullets and are both very tech savvy.

He was yelling at her "Smile Bitch" but she was too busy on the phone watching and listening to HSM2.mobi but didn't hear him.

Picture3.jpg

They are no longer dating. He's back in england somewhere and she's hanging out in museums in France.

MejCdj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting on a reply Re: the placement of .mobi in the cc tld area.
I have also posted the same question in the "Send Suggestion directly to -=DCG=- " area. That was three days ago with no replies.

I really think it would be nice if we could get some type of answer here instead of this silence. I asked in a professional manner, IMO, and would appreciate the respect of a professional reply to my concern.

There are a lot of members here who are interested in this extension and the answer to my question.

Please.. when will the .mobi portion of this forum be categorized correctly?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
be tasteful

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting on a reply Re: the placement of .mobi in the cc tld area.
I have also posted the same question in the "Send Suggestion directly to -=DCG=- " area. That was three days ago with no replies.

I really think it would be nice if we could get some type of answer here instead of this silence. I asked in a professional manner, IMO, and would appreciate the respect of a professional reply to my concern.

There are a lot of members here who are interested in this extension and the answer to my question.

Please.. when will the .mobi portion of this forum be categorized correctly?

I don't really think any serious domainer cares where the .mobi is. I mean, for categorization purposes, it's easier to keep all the thrash in one section is you ask me... but again... thats just me.:-/

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice to know that anyone who owns a .mobi is not a serious domainer.

Is there a number of .coms to own to get into the serious domain club?

If it is greater than 4000 then I may have to pass.

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice to know that anyone who owns a .mobi is not a serious domainer.

Is there a number of .coms to own to get into the serious domain club?

If it is greater than 4000 then I may have to pass.

On the bright side, assuming your .com taste is similar to .mobi you may end up selling a few i.e. 5-10 out of those 4K domains.... I wish I could say the same for your .mobis but I guess reality will bite back shortly :pop2:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, assuming your .com taste is similar to .mobi you may end up selling a few i.e. 5-10 out of those 4K domains.... I wish I could say the same for your .mobis but I guess reality will bite back shortly :pop2:
dude, what are you on tonight?

Of course, you have impecible tastes. You have all the premium of the premium.

Nice of you to make assumptions about a portfolio you never have seen. I offer a few "glimpses" and you take it from there?

Give it a rest. Put your brain in gear before excercising your fingers.

Remember, as Monty Python says:

Never assume anything. When you do, you make an Ass out of U and Me.

In this case, I'll excuse myself from that equation.

MejCdj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't really think any serious domainer cares where the .mobi is. I mean, for categorization purposes, it's easier to keep all the thrash in one section is you ask me... but again... thats just me.:-/

I have 11 domain names in the Moniker TRAFFIC auction this month. I did not include any .mobi this time as I don't think they are ready yet.
How many did you get in? I am sure as a serious domainer, you submitted a list of some sort.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have 11 domain names in the Moniker TRAFFIC auction this month. I did not include any .mobi this time as I don't think they are ready yet.
How many did you get in? I am sure as a serious domainer, you submitted a list of some sort.
Congrats, Mej! I had never submitted any in any extension. I am sure it is no easy task to select.

I guess I'll need help and feedback from all the members on here to help me make such a decision. This forum just reeks of knowledge and professionalism and perfection.

Actually, perhaps I can get some serious domainers to help me decide whether to vote Democratic or Republican.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

ok, as a serious domainer.... I am on buy mode and have no plans on selling anytime soon. This isn't a pissing contest and you do probably have a nicer portfolio then I do... but at the end of the night... I would still get more girls then you :)..... but seriously bud, we are all in the same game.... I made a very nice profit off .mobi during the rush period especially with LLL.mobi that I got from pool (don't ask how.... we all play different games in this GAME.... and I wish you your own personal success.

MejCdj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, as a serious domainer.... I am on buy mode and have no plans on selling anytime soon. This isn't a pissing contest and you do probably have a nicer portfolio then I do... but at the end of the night... I would still get more girls then you :)..... but seriously bud, we are all in the same game.... I made a very nice profit off .mobi during the rush period especially with LLL.mobi that I got from pool (don't ask how.... we all play different games in this GAME.... and I wish you your own personal success.

Thats a much better reply, thank you for the consideration.

I don't want to have a pissing contest either, I wanted to make a point that .mobi IS a serious opportunity and that serious domainers are buying them.

I do hope that you would end up with more girls than I would... I would be looking for the men .. if I were not married already that is. :) I am a woman.

Very happy for your early success. Kudos for having the foresight to grab the opportunity.

We ARE all in the same game, and I think that some of the members here need to remember that. No matter the extension, they are all still domains and we are all still domainers.

I wish you much success too ;)

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats a much better reply, thank you for the consideration.

I don't want to have a pissing contest either, I wanted to make a point that .mobi IS a serious opportunity and that serious domainers are buying them.

I do hope that you would end up with more girls than I would... I would be looking for the men .. if I were not married already that is. :) I am a woman.

Very happy for your early success. Kudos for having the foresight to grab the opportunity.

We ARE all in the same game, and I think that some of the members here need to remember that. No matter the extension, they are all still domains and we are all still domainers.

I wish you much success too ;)

Woman or not... these are different times:eek:k:... :yes:... but you are right, end of the day... .mobi has rung in some nice profits.... I was in there early.. (kind of wish I bought more and stayed longer)... I just do not think it has a long term future but it was and I still believe (though to somewhat of a lesser degree) is a profitable venture. I don't think it deserves a separate section though.

MejCdj

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Mej! I had never submitted any in any extension. I am sure it is no easy task to select.

I guess I'll need help and feedback from all the members on here to help me make such a decision. This forum just reeks of knowledge and professionalism and perfection.

Actually, perhaps I can get some serious domainers to help me decide whether to vote Democratic or Republican.

Thanks Doc :)

I made a few lists in Jan and I just sumbit for the format; geo, mainstream, adult, affiliate, etc. The scrubbing process takes forever.. this last one for the Oct auction took almost 2 months. Lee told me there were over 150k names submitted for the June and July auctions. I would bet those #s will increase with Moniker's success.

I have had moderate success with Moniker auctions, so I will contunue to submit.. but I am holding my mobis till all, or at least most, of the reserved names are sold. I might sell one or two here and there, but thats about it.

Besides, I still want to make some sites and I have not made up my mind which names to use yet.

You have some very strong names Doc. I have seen your list. IMO, you will fare well with moniker's format. LMK and I will give you Lee's email. He has some great .mobi names, too, in his own portfolio.

I refuse to vote for anyone but Oprah :yes:

Woman or not... these are different times:eek:k:... :yes:... but you are right, end of the day... .mobi has rung in some nice profits.... I was in there early.. (kind of wish I bought more and stayed longer)... I just do not think it has a long term future but it was and I still believe (though to somewhat of a lesser degree) is a profitable venture. I don't think it deserves a separate section though.

They are always different times. Thats why we have to try so hard to keep up with them lol

If the urge ever hits you, you can find some gems in the secondary market for sale. Lots of forum posts. I won't tell anyone if you do ;)

Its a domain extension. Unless its deleted, it has a long term future lol. No matter what the high price of the day is, mobi is still valid and very useful extension. There is room for all of us, all of our faves and all of our reasons for buying what we do. We just need to get back to why we are all here to begin with. To talk domains.

I think I need to clarify, I was never asking for its 'own' section. I was requesting that the catagory be changed to gTLD, as .mobi is not a ccTLD.

Raider and yes.. acro in a much different way lol.. both suggested a .com, .net, .org section for the older originals, and a section for the newer gTLDs like .info. mobi, .biz. etc. It could be that putting them all in the same area might cause overcrowding. The point was that .mobi is listed as a ccTLD, and that is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom