Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why is Ultsearch doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was looking fo uudised.com
It mean`s news in estonian, why are they registering this kind of names?
But yesterday Ultsearch has registered it!
only .net and .com vere taken and no site in .com

Domain summit 2024
D

domaingator

Ultsearch is good at registering names in many languages. Years ago, he got suomi.com (Finland in Finnish) very quickly too.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone had any experience on buying names from this UltSearch?

I once offered that thing $500 for a lame name via the whois email address and he never replied.

Is UltSearch just interested in hoarding? Are they laundering their names through Buydomains.com?

Ultsearch is a search converter, channeling traffic through their ppc partner and generating substantial revenue from doing so.

They certainly don't need to sell any domain names, its a very sound and profitable business model they operate.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
Ultsearch is a search converter, channeling traffic through their ppc partner and generating substantial revenue from doing so.

Can You explain this business model a little?

If you have lots of traffic on your domains, you can partner with a pay per click search engine. You set up a page of text links and a search box and receive a revenue share from the search partner. This revenue varies depending on the term and can vary betweem 1c and $5+ per click gross.

Hi safesys

If one has a decent collection of say 50 good domains, do you think these ppc advertisers will be interested in new Ultsearch type deals? What companies would you recommend? eg, TargetWords?

Thanks.
host1515

Its down to traffic levels, moreso than domains. For the better programs, they would usually want to see more than 10,000 unique visits per day. Companies like findwhat.com (who I use and would recommend) and overture come into this - but both of them want ALOT more than 10k uniques.

Companies like targetwords are aimed at lower traffic numbers, but they seem ok from what I've heard.

Thanks safesys for your pointers.

Just curious, would you care to name a few of your sites. Just want to see what is needed for FindWhat.

Thanks.
host1515

The main requirement for the best ppc search engines is traffic numbers. The site layout you can use will be influenced by any contract you sign as they can vary for what you can and can't do.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those ppc search engines may be good for consumer marketing, but I still think it sucks for business marketing.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Those ppc search engines may be good for consumer marketing, but I still think it sucks for business marketing.
Why You think so?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The quality of the search results suck, sorry

Businesses are very particular about such things since connecting to the right suppliers is extremely important. No time to waddle in the mud.

I agree with mole that ppc se's tend to favor B2C.

For B2B offline marketing in trade mags, recommendations from colleagues and trade shows will always be more influential.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For once we agree, safesys :D

In advertising we call it the CCF, or Consumer Clout Factor. That means that different sectors see credibility and reliability of information differently.

Which is why B2B exchanges will be really big on the internet on day soon. Existing ppc SEs just fail miserably to address the business market today. That should change eventually.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If one has a decent collection of say 50 good domains, do you think these ppc advertisers will be interested in new Ultsearch type deals? What companies would you recommend? eg, TargetWords?

You can try 7search.com they accept webmasters with less traffic. generally over 1000 per month. PPC rates as high as 88c per click.

You can see a sample of their general search portal at my site

http://monsters.ca

They have individual search terms as well as pre-constructed subjects like the one at monsters. (music,internet,travel etc)

follow the links in the lower left webmasters corner for more info.

Lawrence

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
Its down to traffic levels, moreso than domains. For the better programs, they would usually want to see more than 10,000 unique visits per day. Companies like findwhat.com (who I use and would recommend) and overture come into this - but both of them want ALOT more than 10k uniques.

Companies like targetwords are aimed at lower traffic numbers, but they seem ok from what I've heard.

Hello Everyone,

Some of you may already know me personally or seen me on Rick's board. My name is Lawrence and I am one of the cofounders of Oversee.net. Oversee.net runs the Targetwords.com affiliate program.

I've been lurking on this board for quite some time now and decided to jump in at this very moment to correct the perception of the Targetwords.com program as it relates to domain holders.

I apologize in advance if this sounds like spam.

Our program has domain holders with 100k + uniques per day as well as holders with much less than 10k uniques.

Those that know me, know that I work VERY closely with domain holders and understand the game quite well. Almost all domain holders are offered special payment arrangements and, as with all affiliates, they are paid within 15 business days (historically in less than 10 calendar days) for the previous month's earnings.

Our domain holders have the option to point all their traffic to a full page search portal on a single url that is hosted on our servers. This page is optimized to take advantage of domain traffic and its associated exit traffic + popunder traffic from one visitor. We also offer specially designed pages and search results for adult domain traffic.

In the following weeks, you will see more revenue options and new domain name management services offered by our company.

Let me know if there are any questions about our program.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are these PPC sites actually profittable? I used to have several names with DomainParkers and I received the traffic, but I rarely had individuals click on any of the links.

Have any of you clicked on any links at these sites? I haven't searched on any of these sites, including UltSearch. It just seems like a waste of time to me.

Yes they can work, yes they can get clicks and yes they can profittable.

BUT it depends on the page layout, the search content quality and the types of domains/traffic. E.g. traffic on descriptive terms are more likely to be "searching" to begin with rather than trying to land with a particular company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom