Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Why no Female Moderators here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I often wonder why their are NO Women Moderators here, Is it because none apply or is it because their turned down?.... I think it would be great to have one on board here, it would not only show some diversity, but would be beneficial to Female members who have issues that Women can better relate to.

Your thoughts....

Upvote 0

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It was a quote from Bette Davis... Who was very outspoken in the movie industry. I included her name in that quote BTW... If any of you want to see it, I can PM it to you.. I have nothing to hide... I suggest you read about her, her life and find out why she said it..

I posted the quote to bring awareness to the sexism that exists on this Forum... And it does exist... I'll save the members rep's here and not post the comments... Heck I wont even tell you about an ex-mod who went into the search engines, dug up my personal life and threatened to use it against me after I made a post.

Overall, The mods we have here are great.... I sharply disagree with MH's decision on not issuing a temp ban for that report.. I felt it was deserving, unfortunately he didn't...

So much for my confidence in the DNF justice system.

Why can't you ignore rude comments made towards you?

You act like I cry to the mods everytime someone throws something at me, quite the contrary.

You have NO clue what this is about... So stay out of it!

Last edited:

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You act like I cry to the mods everytime someone throws something at me, quite the contrary.

You have NO clue what this is about... So stay out of it!

Raider~ you are playing the victim here, but how about your own biachbraggings ?? especially the ones you like making in Philippinese ??

and again shouting "Stay out of it !" to a good advise doesn't give you any credibility either

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Raider~ you are playing the victim here, but how about your own biachbraggings ?? especially the ones you like making in Philippinese ??

and again shouting "Stay out of it !" to a good advise doesn't give you any credibility either

I treat people with the same respect they treat me... I use a point system, before speaking, I give them 100 points, the more personal insults, the more respect they lose. You lost all your points a long time ago, Kylewill lost half of his with that out of the box post, and lost the remaining in another....

Needless to say, I have little respect for you or for him.

kylewill

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I treat people with the same respect they treat me... I use a point system, before speaking, I give them 100 points, the more personal insults, the more respect they lose. You lost all your points a long time ago, Kylewill lost half of his with that out of the box post, and lost the remaining in another....

Man, someone treated you really badly in your life. I am sorry Raider. People who have been emotionally or physically abused I have the utmost respect for. They have experienced thigns I can never relate to, and they have a lot to teach their close friends, family, and the public (if they wish).

I will not respond to any more threads started by you, or quote you in any threads we both post in. I apologize for ever getting involved with you on this forum.

I thank you for sharing yourself on this forum. I have learned a lot during our brief, February encounters.

I will never bother you again.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Last, I would kindly like to point out to everyone the following rule:

21. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

One of the reasons why I was reluctant to release the details or the names of the parties involved.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

:rant:

looks like you do not have a respect to anybody~ what are you expecting
in return??

get help~ i almost feel sorry for you~ poor Raider...there should be some counseling phone numbers if you being abused by your family members

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I will not respond to any more threads started by you, or quote you in any threads we both post in. I apologize for ever getting involved with you on this forum.

I dont hate you, I just dont have any respect for you... Saying what you said is no different than saying it public.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was a quote from Bette Davis... Who was very outspoken in the movie industry. I included her name in that quote BTW... If any of you want to see it, I can PM it to you.. I have nothing to hide... I suggest you read about her, her life and find out why she said it..

Sorry but does that mean by your logic I could go use any of Hitler's Quotes about Jews in my signature if I attribute it to him and have everyone comfortable about it? After all, he was also outspoken against Jews. You should read about him, his life and find out why he said it.

Doesn't make sense... especially since the quote you used was is clearly sexist in nature and MH just asked you to follow the rules.

Everyone has freedom to speak whatever he or she wants in real world. However, this forum has a certain rules to adhere to and NOT using sexist terms is one.

And for the record, I have warned people personally by PM and Infraction system when they used sexist words against you in OT Disussions. We expected them to follow the rules and we expect you to follow the rules too. However, don't try to play victim when you are not following the rules.

I posted the quote to bring awareness to the sexism that exists on this Forum... And it does exist... I'll save the members rep's here and not post the comments... Heck I wont even tell you about an ex-mod who went into the search engines, dug up my personal life and threatened to use it against me after I made a post.

Overall, The mods we have here are great.... I sharply disagree with MH's decision on not issuing a temp ban for that report.. I felt it was deserving, unfortunately he didn't...

So much for my confidence in the DNF justice system.

There are always three sides to any controversy -- yours, the other persons and the right one.

I didn't want to -- and did NOT -- discuss this issue in public earlier but since you are bringing it up, you were equally responsible for inciting others to behave that way. You can't continue to finger others and expect them to sit quietly taking the flack.

We did issue warnings and infraction points to everyone. As a matter of fact, you were to get a few yourself but you were given a benefit of doubt. So rather than just go accuse others of being unjust because things didn't happen the way YOU WANTED, take a look at your actions too.

I didn't want to come out this harsh but you refuse to treat others the way you want others to behave with you. I'd highly recommend that you tone down your language and be a bit more empathetic.

Another thing. One of your recent usage of words --

Maybe Adam felt he didn't get his 100% Revenue Share

Clearly shows how much respect you have for the management of the forum. If you don't have trust in them or respect them then it is very difficult to make you feel comfortable here no matter what we do.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry but does that mean by your logic I could go use any of Hitler's Quotes about Jews in my signature if I attribute it to him and have everyone comfortable about it? After all, he was also outspoken against Jews. You should read about him, his life and find out why he said it.

No you cant use "twisted logic"... You probably dont even know who Bette Davis is, I didn't either until I read her Biography... A famous Actress who struggled in the movie industry dominated by Men, their was a reason why she said what she said.. And it directly relates to the attitude of many on this Forum.

Everyone has freedom to speak whatever he or she wants in real world. However, this forum has a certain rules to adhere to and NOT using sexist terms is one.

Like I said before, it was intended to bring awareness.. The only people it insulted was the Woman on this Forum, ME... Do you think I posted it to insult myself and other Women? :rolleyes:

And for the record, I have warned people personally by PM and Infraction system when they used sexist words against you in OT Disussions. We expected them to follow the rules and we expect you to follow the rules too. However, don't try to play victim when you are not following the rules.

I know you did, but that's not what this is all about, It's NOT ALL about those discussions... That's what you and some others DONT get.

I didn't want to -- and did NOT -- discuss this issue in public earlier but since you are bringing it up, you were equally responsible for inciting others to behave that way. You can't continue to finger others and expect them to sit quietly taking the flack.

Of course you did... Since I'm bringing it up? I never released any details about that report, MH released a little and you seem to feel the need to release even more.. Please refer to rule #21. :-/

We did issue warnings and infraction points to everyone. As a matter of fact, you were to get a few yourself but you were given a benefit of doubt. So rather than just go accuse others of being unjust because things didn't happen the way YOU WANTED, take a look at your actions too.

OK.. I'll give you this one. But again, your referring to one instance, it's much MORE than that.

you refuse to treat others the way you want others to behave with you.

Kinda hard to treat others the same way when your treated like trash.

Another thing. One of your recent usage of words --

"Maybe Adam felt he didn't get his 100% Revenue Share"

Clearly shows how much respect you have for the management of the forum. If you don't have trust in them or respect them then it is very difficult to make you feel comfortable here no matter what we do.

Oh Pleeeeeeeease!... This was a joke about Bodis's 100% revenue share, Did you not get it??? Here's the link for those who want to see it.

http://www.dnforum.com/f77/where-bodis-thread-282406.html

I have the up most respect for Adam and for Impactadmin, MANY GOOD mods on this forum too, with the exception of a few bad apples.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the quote should say....

"when men have to follow rules they are men and it's the rules, but when women have to follow the SAME rules it's because of the mens rules" (but not because they broke the same rules we have) lol

Is'nt that more accurate really?

Raider is really good people in my book of life but we all know that certain people seem to just have an affinity for being in the middle of everything..and it's by choice usually, just like me choosing to post here...now do I cry about it when I get b*tched at for voicing my opinion? Why don't we have a mod called Focus here on DNF in that case??!?!?! :cheesy:

If any of the females really care about this issue and want to "solve it" then apply to be a mod and make a difference if you feel there is some injustice secretly occuring on DNF due to "male" moderators...maybe it's because most domainers are MALE.

Again, reality.

Last edited:

-ET-

Dn Guru©
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread seems to be going way out of proportion.i have never though about this till i have seen this thread.i don't think there is any discrimination of members on the basis of gender,though i may be unaware.and if there is any discrimination against anyone they can always report that to mods or admin here and will be treated in the same way for every member i suppose.

From the date i joined there was a link for interested members to apply as mods here.any members could apply for it.regardless of the "gender"

You could have started a thread asking "female members to apply" and have a representation on the broad.rather than blaming dnf for no female mods.

I don't think issues like this should be on professional broads like this.this thread could make a valid point if this was a social networking board etc for understand issues with women.basically we are all here for doing business&learn.

IMO..

Last edited:

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Raider~ the only problem you have is that you can't read and accept others opinion

you were equally responsible for inciting others to behave that way. You can't continue to finger others and expect them to sit quietly taking the flack.

I didn't want to come out this harsh but you refuse to treat others the way you want others to behave with you. I'd highly recommend that you tone down your language and be a bit more empathetic.

and this nohow related to "your "problem" of being a female"

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was a woman admin a while back, but I have no idea what problems are being referred to here. There was another member here who posted a thread about being harassed by a mod here, and it seems that Adam took care of it. I don't think there are that many female members here, and there are very few mods, so I don't think that the Admin here had any specific intent on leaving women out.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No you cant use "twisted logic"... You probably dont even know who Bette Davis is, I didn't either until I read her Biography... A famous Actress who struggled in the movie industry dominated by Men, their was a reason why she said what she said.. And it directly relates to the attitude of many on this Forum.

Like I said before, it was intended to bring awareness.. The only people it insulted was the Woman on this Forum, ME... Do you think I posted it to insult myself and other Women? :rolleyes:

How does someone's struggle justifies violations? And no, that was NOT twisted logic -- but rather a clear-cut derivation of your logic.

Even right now I could write a book about Hitler's struggle in his childhood and youth that "supposedly" led him to the hatred of Jews. Does that justify it? Same way, Betty had all the rights to hate men, but does that justify it being used here.

I know you did, but that's not what this is all about, It's NOT ALL about those discussions... That's what you and some others DONT get.

I just checked all the threads that you have reported. I could only find one thread outside of the OT discussions that you reported. Furthermore, the person you reported was exactly the same who you were having a dispute with in the OT thread.

I am curious which issues are you referring to that I and others are not getting -- feel free to send the reference by PM if you don't want to post here so that I can atleast get an idea about what you are talking about here. The right to use feminist signatures?

Of course you did... Since I'm bringing it up? I never released any details about that report, MH released a little and you seem to feel the need to release even more.. Please refer to rule #21. :-/

Eva -- don't try to change topics here. You already have your disputes in public. I doubt it is a mystery to anyone who follows the threads on the forum to realize who is there on your "hate-list".

Even in this thread you have been extremely rude to some members -- which is neither appreciated nor acceptable.

Kinda hard to treat others the same way when your treated like trash.

How things take turn in the "Politics / Controversial Topics" forum is open for everyone to see -- I need not say more. Again I would say that there are always three sides to any issue - yours, the other person's and the right one.

Oh Pleeeeeeeease!... This was a joke about Bodis's 100% revenue share, Did you not get it??? Here's the link for those who want to see it.

http://www.dnforum.com/f77/where-bodis-thread-282406.html

I have the up most respect for Adam and for Impactadmin, MANY GOOD mods on this forum too, with the exception of a few bad apples.

Sometimes the jokes and taunts show your real attitude towards something -- especially if the same sentiments regularly surface in your jokes...

Last edited:

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
based on "rule #1" why do so many attack threads stay on the boards? why arent they removed, or at least the worst content of them removed?
raiders sig may have fallen under that rule, but it was noooooooooo where as hardball as half the stuff left up on these boards.
its almost comical that her sig was jumped on while attack threads are just left there.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send me links via PM and I will act accordingly.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mods are chosen by me for what they can offer to the board, not whether they are male or female but who can contribute the most to the forum.

I am quite happy with the existing mod team and they do a fantastic job.

All males and females are welcome to apply for a mod position the next time one opens up.

-=DCG=-

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Send me links via PM and I will act accordingly.

actually, i did one time. begged for the threads to be removed- you told me you talked to the guy. threads are still there. asked the mods who closed the thread, i wanted it removed. just got "not me" back from everyone. nothing else.

after that, i didnt bother pming anyone anymore on stuff like that.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actually, i did one time. begged for the threads to be removed- you told me you talked to the guy. threads are still there. asked the mods who closed the thread, i wanted it removed. just got "not me" back from everyone. nothing else.

after that, i didnt bother pming anyone anymore on stuff like that.
For the record -- if you want any action to be taken about a thread, please press
report.gif
button and report it.

I see that you had reported one thread and action was taken on it by issuing an infraction point to the offending member.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes i did report it.
my point was rule # 1 says:
No content that is considered racist, sexist, obscene, objectionable, or otherwise offensive comments will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice.

even after i asked for the posts to be removed, they were not. all i am saying is, i followed the steps i was supposed to, and what was supposed to happen didnt. which is why i stopped doing it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom