Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Why no Female Moderators here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I often wonder why their are NO Women Moderators here, Is it because none apply or is it because their turned down?.... I think it would be great to have one on board here, it would not only show some diversity, but would be beneficial to Female members who have issues that Women can better relate to.

Your thoughts....

Upvote 0

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again, send me links via PM and I will act accordingly.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sigh ;-(

raider, i am sorry i hijacked your thread- back to the original programming

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not at all surprising there are no female mods because if you know anyting about the law of averages you would know why.

There are hundreds of active member so if any one member has say a 1 in 100 opportunity to be selected as a Mod that means the female opportunity would in effect be much closer to zero vs 1 for the full membership, based on the very low percentage of about 5 active females here.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I located the thread you are referring to Smashfactory and I have removed it. Thanks.
When you wrote me (when we last spoke), I told you I had already addressed the member in question, and I presumed that was the end of it as you never wrote me back. No problem though, I have found the thread and removed it.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i appreciate that mediahound. i didnt write you back because of what another mod had told me so i wrote it off as a lost cause. thanks~

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider, you cry sexual discrimination but then you post things like:

but would be beneficial to Female members who have issues that Women can better relate to.

Your right, but they are NOT... Anything one who thinks the Women on this Forum are treated equally need to have their head examined.

Which show your own sexual discrimination.

If you find something insulting, try telling the poster that you found it offensive. Maybe they didn't realize it after all:

From a male standpoint, it may not be offensive, but from a Womans, it certainly is.... So Yes, I do think we need at least one Woman mod on this Forum.

Close... I think males in general fail to recognize what is offensive to Woman, and dont take appropriate action.

Which then you turn around and say:
I'm not being prejudice at all, And if you knew the specifics, gender has everything to do with it...

If you're not being prejudice, then why did you say the previous two quotes? They show the exact opposite.

I treat people with the same respect they treat me... I use a point system, before speaking, I give them 100 points, the more personal insults, the more respect they lose.

Obviously you don't and your previous quotes show that. What if there was a female moderator here that you reported the threads to and had the same results as before? The moderators have a strict set of rules they have to follow or else they could lose their moderator status for abusing the rules (or not abiding by them). This is also a paid forum which means they are more susceptible to lawsuits.

If you feel that there is a serious need for female moderators here then apply. If the administrators / owners of the board feel that you are qualified, then they'll accept you. It is that simple.

You can't fault the board for not having any female moderators because either
  • None have applied
  • The ones that did apply were not qualified
Or are you suggesting that someone, who isn't qualified, should be accepted solely on the fact that they are a female (like affirmative action).

Let's take this further. I'm Pagan. I don't feel the moderators understand my or my beliefs and so I want a Pagan moderator. Maybe we have a few African members here who feel the moderators don't understand their views, so we need an African moderator. We might have a Jewish person here who isn't happy that there is no Jewish moderator, so we need one of those. Now, the Muslim members may not like that, so they'll need a Muslim moderator also. If we have some gay members, then they'll need a gay moderator to understand their feelings and views.

See how far this can go and how ridiculous it can get? We cannot have a moderator for each person or group here. They only need a limited number of moderators so they go by the application and qualification process. Just because there are no female moderators here doesn't mean that your requests are being ignored.

Plus, if it is bothering you this much, then maybe you should rethink your options. No, I am not telling you to leave, but if something like this is that important to you, then change it.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Also, I noticed all the mods here are older and they don't relate to my issues as a teenager so I'd really appreciate it if we could get a teen mod on board (not me).

I mean, a good % of the forum is under 18, right?

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK well on an ending note, I think this thread served it's purpose, and then some.
Before all breaks loose, let's end it here. I see where this is headed and it's not pretty.
Thanks to all who participated and added your unbiased comments as seen from a member's standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom