Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

wildwestdomains.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

"wild west domains" - not an ideal registrars name to give to a client if you've just sold a name for several thousand dollars to them.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Time will tell what this new GoDaddy venture leads to in the DN marketplace.

:cool:

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bull crap there are better out there !

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Goh: it's not 25% of the entire registration fee -- just the amount over $6.75. E.g. if you charged $7.75, that is $1 over $6.75. You'd need to give WildWestDomains 25 cents of that $1, on top of the $6.75 base price.

GeorgeK, I knew, sorry I did not mention it more accurately, but I did not say entire reg. fee too. But it is my mistake!

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
Goh: it's not 25% of the entire registration fee -- just the amount over $6.75. E.g. if you charged $7.75, that is $1 over $6.75. You'd need to give WildWestDomains 25 cents of that $1, on top of the $6.75 base price.

Don't forget to add US$99 each year to Godaddy's sister company for using this services (just like PAQ of eNom).

Can Anyone telling the reason to use wildwestdomains.com if the registrant know that they can arive to cheap at Godaddy's. If the registrant found that the whois is provided by Godaddy's why did they have to pay you more than Daddy's. Daddy is an ICANN, reseller is not!!

Poor resellers! We once again being exploited! (this is my little opinion!!):confused:

Wild West Domains is an accredited registrar. The WWD resellers won't be competing with WWD--as they would have been with Go Daddy.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What about the credit card fees? I'm sure you have to add at least another dollar to that. It seems like this deal is not so profitable after all. Enom lowest $6.95, is only aroun $8.20 with all fees added. Can still make a nice $.79 per domain for reselliing at $8.99. Only 100 domains a month will give you $79 in profit. Not bad imo.

Originally posted by kvinsencius
Only 100 domains a month will give you $79 in profit. Not bad imo.
This is a joke, right? $79 profit in a month is not bad?

-t

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thewitt

This is a joke, right? $79 profit in a month is not bad?

-t

I said ONLY a 100 domains!! :)

d'backs

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
To clarify, Wild West charges $6.75 plus 25% revenue share that is above $6.75.
Per their FAQ, the transaction and credit card fees are 2.5% plus .25 per transaction (so if a customer purchases 50 domains in one transaction the fee is only $.25).

Therefore, if a reseller charges $8.75, then the buy rate is $6.75 + 25% of ($8.75 - $6.75) or $6.75 + $.50 = $7.25. The credit card fee equals $.22 ($8.75 x 2.5%) and the transaction fee equals $.25. So, the total buy rate equals $7.25 + $.22 + $.25 = $7.72. Therefore, charging $8.75 the margin equals $1.03. Only 100 domains nets you $103 per month which is much better (30%) than the enom example posted above (plus a lower price). :eek:

I said ONLY a 100 domains!! :)
But wouldn't you rather make $500 on 100 domains rather than $79?

I just don't understand why eNom resellers and sub-resellers think that earning less than $5 a domain is even worth the effort. I'm truely impressed that eNom has been able to create an army of resellers to build up their share of the domain market who are willing to do so essentially for free.

It reminds me of the kids selling lemonaide on the corner. As long as Dad eats the cost of the juice mix, the cups, the table and the chairs, it's a great business when you are 5. It doesn't pan out so well when you have to pay your own overhead and then your employees (how much did you have to pay Jimmy to sit there for two hours in the sun?)

-t

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
d'backs do you have an account with them? Also where do you find someone for the cc processing that only charges $.22 per transaction?

ccfh

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thewitt
But wouldn't you rather make $500 on 100 domains rather than $79?

I just don't understand why eNom resellers and sub-resellers think that earning less than $5 a domain is even worth the effort. I'm truely impressed that eNom has been able to create an army of resellers to build up their share of the domain market who are willing to do so essentially for free.

It reminds me of the kids selling lemonaide on the corner. As long as Dad eats the cost of the juice mix, the cups, the table and the chairs, it's a great business when you are 5. It doesn't pan out so well when you have to pay your own overhead and then your employees (how much did you have to pay Jimmy to sit there for two hours in the sun?)

-t

I am a reseller using WWD and my objective was never to really earn much, if any money. All I wanted was the absolute cheapest price for domains. I was disappointed to find out the minimum sale price is $7.95. (You earn 90 cents per domain selling at this price). Somehow, I was planning on earning even less than that. The way I look at it, if you try to sell exclusively domains at this price, then you are wasting your time. If you try to draw ppl to your site through the low cost domains and offer other services like web hosting and various sectors of the secondary market then you could logically make money at this price. All I'm really trying to do though, is sell enough to get my $99 back :D

d'backs

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
d'backs do you have an account with them? Also where do you find someone for the cc processing that only charges $.22 per transaction?

I don't know how they got that credit card rate. Getting charged 2.5% of $8.75 gets you to the $.22. But, remember, you need to add the per transaction fee of $.25. So, total fee would equal $.47.
This is much better than Enom's PDQ which is something like 3% plus .95 transaction fee. So, on the same transaction your credit card fees would equal 3% of $8.75 plus $.95 = $.26 + $.95 = $1.21. All I can say is ouch Enom that hurts ($1.21 compared to $.47).:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom