Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Woo.com !

Status
Not open for further replies.

allfree

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that a domain name is not sold until it is "sold". Your post stated you "might" offer the asking or a higher price if certain conditions were met. I am offering the full buy it now price with no conditions related to uniques, etc., etc.

As no one has definitively offered to buy the domain as is, and as a buy it now price of $9500 was offered by the seller, I am declaring this domain "sold". Your requirement of a test or forwarded stats indicates you have not yet agreed to buy the domain on the sellers stated terms and are negotiating. I on the other hand am simply agreeing to the posted sellers terms of a sale without any statistics, tests, verifications of traffic, etc.

If my understanding of the processes on this board or incorrect, I hope the mods will inform me. Moderator clarification would be appreciated.

respectfully-
John

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It says "upon receipt of payment" as condition of buy it now. That means whoever gets payment in first, although technically I am offering more conditionally.

So there's no confusion, I want it without conditions at $9.5k, and will wire direct to the seller if I can sufficiently verify his i.d. and/or will wire to escrow.com online today at $9.5k failing that.

However, if the seller is willing to show me traffic stats, I am prepared to go as high as $15k depending.

allfree

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"says "upon receipt of payment""

Indeed - hence my question of clarification regarding whether escrow.com was an acceptable method of payment.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'll take it at $11k via payment through escrow.com first thing tomorrow.

Reference provided via PM--let me know if you need more info.

Please post "sold" if mine is acceptable and I will launch out escrow.

fabian05

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess the seller should rethink the procedure.

Offering $12k .. just let me know how you want it paid ;-)

allfree

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moderator comment appreciated. My understanding was once the "buy it now" was reached bidding was stopped and domain was sold (hence the term "buy it now price").

register

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It says "upon receipt of payment" as condition of buy it now. That means whoever gets payment in first, there's no confusion .

steven22

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this a joke? I do not understand...it was first listed at 8500 and then 9500 and now i have read offers of 15K?

WTF?

My real questions is why is woo.com worth 10K? and then 15K without verifying the stats?

register

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
u might want to ask why is boo.com worth - 450million (2000) - 350k (2001) . :mad:

pending sale

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Despite the mess in the selling process, great name. It could be the next match dot com.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not really the way to proceed, I just lost a deal under similar circumstances and the mods could not wait to get in and comment. Where are you?

"On receipt of payment" if a number of sales are agreed via escrow then how many escrow transactions are you proposing.

Buy now should be "buy now" - ask Rico :approve:

Harmonia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this an auction or a fixed price purchase? If bidding gets involved, maybe you guys should transfer this post to the auction section? Seems like a mod's intervention is needed to clarify many confusing matters.

Together

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
register said:
It says "upon receipt of payment" as condition of buy it now. That means whoever gets payment in first, there's no confusion .
Escrow payment sent. Domain sold.

glomedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something funny seems to be going on here.

I agreed to buy this domain name on the 7 September and agreed Escrow.com terms with the seller. I have made a wire transfer to the seller on this date.

Now he seems to be going back on the deal but we agreed the Escrow.com terms and I have made payment to Escrow.com

Richard

register said:
WOO.COM !

Taking offers $8.5k and above.

Woo Woo Woo Woo Woo Woo Woo Woo Woo

Woo \Woo\ , v. i. woo·ed, woo·ing, woo·s
To court; to make love

1: Seek someone's favor; "China is wooing Russia" [syn: {court}]
2: Make amorous advances towards; "John is wooing Mary" [syn:
{court}, {romance}, {solicit}]
3. To seek the affection of with intent to romance.
4. To seek to achieve; try to gain.
5. To tempt or invite.
6. To entreat, or importune.

Woo \Woo\ , v. t.

1. To solicit in love;
Each, like the Grecian artist, wooes The image he
himself has wrought.

2. To court solicitously; to invite with importunity.
Thee, chantress, oft the woods among I woo, to hear
thy even song.
I woo the wind That still delays his coming.

Woo \Woo\ , n.

Chinese surname;
John Woo, a god among directors.

Woo·er \Woo"er\ , n.

One who wooes; one who courts or solicits in love; a suitor.

''A thriving wooer.'' --Gibber.

[Middle English 'women' from w'gian]

pm if interested . broking welcome .

`

Together

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
glomedia said:
Something funny seems to be going on here.

I agreed to buy this domain name on the 7 September and agreed Escrow.com terms with the seller. I have made a wire transfer to the seller on this date.

Now he seems to be going back on the deal but we agreed the Escrow.com terms and I have made payment to Escrow.com

Richard

So you are saying that you wired money on September 7th for this transaction? Why wasn't that information posted? Have the mods clarified what is going n here? Has anyone else sent payment? Is this person the true owner of this domain name?

glomedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Together said:
So you are saying that you wired money on September 7th for this transaction? Why wasn't that information posted? Have the mods clarified what is going n here? Has anyone else sent payment? Is this person the true owner of this domain name?

Yes I agreed the deal on the 7th and we both accepted the Escrow.com terms on this date. I also wired the money to Escrow.com on this date although it can take a couple of days for them to confirm receipt.

I am really worried that this guy is a crook. You can't agree Escrow.com terms with one person and then proceed to accept multiple other Escrow.com terms with other people.

That is not how Escrow.com is designed to work. I hope that I will be able to get my money back from Escrow.com

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He just agreed to escrow.com with me last night at $13k.

I take escrow agreements very seriously, so I'm going to await clarification by the seller in this thread on possible broken previous agreements before proceeding.

Seller?

[email protected]

glomedia

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My agreement on the 7 Sept was not breached. He agreed the terms with me and accepted through Escrow.com

I have reported this person to the relevant authorities. He is clearly a crook.

Richard

FormerDnForumer said:
He just agreed to escrow.com with me last night at $13k.

I take escrow agreements very seriously, so I'm going to await clarification by the seller in this thread on possible broken previous agreements before proceeding.

Seller?

[email protected]

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
glomedia said:
My agreement on the 7 Sept was not breached. He agreed the terms with me and accepted through Escrow.com

Richard

I didn't mean breached by you :)

glomedia said:

Richard

Glo, I sent you a PM. Could you reply to it or contact me asap at [email protected]

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom