Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

would this user deserve negative iTrader feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was in an auction for a domain in the auction section. I ended up being the second to last bidder and was outbid by $10. It seems as if the last person didn't end up taking the domain. So the seller contacted me with 2 emails. one asking for the last bided price then the next day for my asking price.

I replied back as soon as i read the emails and said yes ill take it. 2 days later he replies with an email asking for twice as much and says that since i didn't win the auction that we don't have a deal. Wouldn't I have the right to leave negative feedback for backing out of the deal. Granted i May have not won the auction by being the last bidder but he did reach out to sell me the name.

Im asking what you think i should do?

a. Leave him - feedback to set him straight on how we do business here?

or

b. Let him off the hook cause he's a platinum member thats new to the forum?

Domain summit 2024

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A.

That's crappy behavior now matter how new you are.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
b. Let him off the hook cause he's a platinum member thats new to the forum?
Name and shame.

Newness has nothing to do with honor and integrity. As a matter of fact, that should be what a new person would attempt to achieve here - honor and integrity.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with the same crap many times but never left negative itrader. I just keep track of the people so that I will never do business with them again.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with the same crap many times but never left negative itrader. I just keep track of the people so that I will never do business with them again.

The problem with that is the bad guys get to keep being bad guys, which hurts the 'good guys' because they get lumped into him.

This is a 'community', and there is give and take. One of the things you GIVE to the community is information about the bad guys.

If you are here reading where WE are warning people about bad players, yet not doing likewise with us, then you are just "taking" from the community without giving.... and that's not a very moral or ethical thing to do.

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
a. for sure --- Name and SHAME.... help the next sucker from becoming one

I just had an incident with another "exclusive" member, who kept my money and never delivered the domain. You can bet I named and shamed after giving repeated chance of reclaimation, so dont waste your time. Count yourself lucky on this one--at least you still have your cash after running into trash.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the person emailed you and you made a deal...post it...

give details and facts and leave it to the jury to decide, :yo:

get the rope and let's pick out a tree :pound: just in case

Last edited:

demaxxus

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the person emailed you and you made a deal...post it...

I think this is the key point. If they hadn't contacted you and said you could have it for your last bid the situation may be different, but as soon as they offered it to you and you said yes, that's just as good as winning the original auction as far as I'm concerned.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this is the key point. If they hadn't contacted you and said you could have it for your last bid the situation may be different, but as soon as they offered it to you and you said yes, that's just as good as winning the original auction as far as I'm concerned.

You mean the last bid had the deadbeat NEVER been in the auction. That may be hard to figure out... your way just lets some anonymous asshole run the price up without consequence... and that makes people unwilling to participate in the auctions.

demaxxus

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Juniper, I'm not sure if I follow.

All I'm saying is that if someone wins an auction and then backs out for whatever (lame) reason, and the seller offers it to the 2nd highest bidder at their last bid (and the bidder agrees), that's just as good as them winning the auction in the first place, in terms of the buy/sell commitment.

Hmm, actually, I think I see what you're saying now. You're saying that the actual seller and the non-claiming winning bidder may be working together, running the price up so that the seller can offer it to the 2nd last bidder after the 'winner' conveniently withdrawals.

I was moreso thinking about the validity of the agreement if both the seller and the 2nd highest bidder work things out through email (ie. the seller agrees to sell it for the 2nd highest bidder's last bid), but you make a damn good point.

Should the auction be null and void in a case like this and just re-auctioned then?

Last edited:

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the seller committed to a deal, then decided to bump the price and legitimize it by saying there was no deal.

shame on him..

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Acro i was going to give the user a chance you prove himself. Well looks like the cat is out of the bag. lol:eek:

Well i emailed the seller to follow the thread to see what you guys think. I thank you for all of your responses.

The 2 prior emails were from him say would you buy dissed.net for $xxx then the next day it was $xxx (stupid me deleted them due to a full box not realizing it was going to go this far)

Th0mAs_ said:
In Reply to your Post [post=1796986]1796986[/post]:

are you still interested in buying dissed.net

DNBA said:
yeah ill take it

DNBA said:
are we still doing this transfer?

DNBA said:
In Reply to your Post [post=1796456]Dissed.net - Celebrity gossip blog for sale - Year old blog[/post]:

please let me know whats going on with this domain. i dont want to have to leave you bad iTrader info

Th0mAs_ said:
DNBA said:
In Reply to your Post [post=1796456]Dissed.net - Celebrity gossip blog for sale - Year old blog[/post]:

please let me know whats going on with this domain. i dont want to have to leave you bad iTrader info

what bed itrader info :) you didint win the auction .... the price is xxx$

DNBA said:
you sent me two emails an offer for $xxx and one for $xxx. You are new here and may not realize that playing games like this will result in bad iTrader info on your account. When the person who didnt win the 48 hour auction denied paying you im next in line and you were willing to sell to me. Not once but twice.

DNBA said:
sorry my box was full

Th0mAs_ said:
1. the auction was closed
2. you didnt win

so dont try to push me and make tricks

DNBA said:
Whos playing tricks? You sent me 2 emails with two different price offers 1 for $xxx and the next day for $xxx. Youre the one playing games.

DNBA said:
Here you can follow this thread and see what other users say. I have not mentioned your name or the domain in question to give you a chance to see where other users are coming from.

http://www.dnforum.com/f557/would-u...rader-feedback-thread-391931.html#post1801793

that was my next point to make - have some proof of the claim and post it, should one decide to name and shame.

Also i was going to let the seller redeem himself before acro posted the thread. (not cool BTW acro)

Last edited:

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really think the seller should honor the agreement, its the right thing to do buddy.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm, actually, I think I see what you're saying now. You're saying that the actual seller and the non-claiming winning bidder may be working together, running the price up so that the seller can offer it to the 2nd last bidder after the 'winner' conveniently withdrawals.

i dont think this is the case. if it was the seller would have definitely completed the sale, not try to jack it up after the auction and risk losing the scam.

there would have to be solid conclusive evidence as well, but let me also add for anyone who's cunning wheels are now turning, that this kind of action would get you unequivocally banned for life from DNF, i'm confident. and I know many of our members have a real penchant for turning up every stone to expose dirty cockroaches

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the real issue is

why did the original winner of the domain back out?

why weren't they exposed as such?

could the buyer who backed out be a shill bidder?

did the seller give the original buyer a negative rating?

imo...

wilfra

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
def leave a negative itrader. I don't think people leave these liberally enough - and its a shame because if they did people would be warned and not do business with shady characters - and hopefully in time, people would stop being shady

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators