Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Would you retire if you made $40,000 per month on PPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

MJM

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
duskdawn said:
yes sure I will travel a lot,
You can still travel & own a ppc domain empire.

For one, the entrepreneurial spirit never dies. There is not quantity/sum that can kill that "something" inside. Boredom would inevitably succomb your business driven mind. For two, it's all too easy for expansion when you're making $40k monthly with domains. You can fund acquisitions continually, hence growth/cash flow management, is rarely, if ever a concern. Not because their is a limit your buying. But simply because, premium domain acquisitions are sporadic, and the Internet sky is not always pouring with domain leads. Hence, in the dry time, you are just collecting/funding your next buying spree.

At $150,000 monthly ppc, I would uphold expansion/new domains (unless an extreme beauty), and move onward to funding properties.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...and must we never forget a divorce after child support and spousal support may laeave that 40,000 at $5,000 ;)

-=DCG=-

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
heck no, I wouldnt retire at $40K.

at $250K per month, I would begin contemplating the idea.

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can we also include it can cost you $420,000 a year in renewal fees to make $480,000

leaving net profit of $60k before taxes.

People never forget you have to renew these things every year, that is why there is always lots of names dropping. People come in the game, buy hundreds of domains, spend the money they make from ppc and forget at the end of the year they have all these domains to renew.

Wolfman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
No.

I do and I wouldn't. ;)

I have too much left to try to accomplish in this life.

-=DCG=-
I think at that point it'd be stupid not to reinvest, and make more and more and more. It's just that number that sounds so wonderfull to all of us so-far unsuccesfull "n00bs" that would make you think you'd retire.

Domain Investor

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I leaving soon for good!

Bye bye drops.

Time for a life.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MPinelli said:
lol $35/day? i dont think i have a domain making more than a $1 a day
Well, if you had generic domains, you would .... otherwise, parking in the long run won't earn you much.

I'm making $33 bucks a day from Adsense on one of my sites ... and my initial investment was only $46 for the domain! :eek:k:

MPinelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
was that a recent purchase?

i mean im a smart guy, got a BA in economics and a BA in business management so i do have some common sense about buying "businesses" (which domains are really) as far as income, years established, etc.

My problems are:

1) I cant find any domains, i've used stypo for a month now and havent got a single ovt typo name yet
2) I still dont understand how to use pool, snap names, and daily deleted lists and how people know if these domains will get traffic when they delete
3) I cant monetize my traffic. I have 3 sites now that get decent traffic. one about 450 uniques a month, another about 300, and a mesothelioma site getting 1000 with good search engine saturation. I just cant get any clicks on adsense or anything from them. Yes i know 5k uniques is what you guys consider a lot, but im not getting lucky with finding good deals on them. so i parked at sedo, made nothing, now parked at parkingsite still not making anything. What am i doing wrong as far as capitalizing on the traffic that i do get?

i mean im not really looking for handouts, though i wish it was that easy, i'm looking for someone who is making their 40k/month that could take the time out and educate me and give the education and tools to follow in their footsteps.

ok, my venting is done. i feel a lot better. :)

martialtiger

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edder said:
Well, if you had generic domains, you would .... otherwise, parking in the long run won't earn you much.

I'm making $33 bucks a day from Adsense on one of my sites ... and my initial investment was only $46 for the domain! :eek:k:
What's the secret :wink: ? I'm luck if I break a dollar with my sites combined. But then again I'm new to the whole Adsense thing still.

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
martialtiger said:
What's the secret :wink: ? I'm luck if I break a dollar with my sites combined. But then again I'm new to the whole Adsense thing still.

hard work, hard work, and discipline, I never forget when I stay up till 6 am to register few domains but believe me hard work, there is a lot f space even now, I make $100K monthly with ppc and $ 100K for renew 1 year and I will not retire I think is a BAD THING.

Sheva

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would give up my crappy job for $4k/month lol, but ill never give up buying and selling domains and sites. i love it too much.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
...and must we never forget a divorce after child support and spousal support may laeave that 40,000 at $5,000 ;)

-=DCG=-

The key is never tell your wife what you really earn ! it a great insurance policy and its free !

NetProwler said:
i would give up my crappy job for $4k/month lol, but ill never give up buying and selling domains and sites. i love it too much.

I need to 2k a week ( still got no money to live) so 40k would be nice but the problem is the more you earn the more you spend,i remember when i was living on less than 100 a week.

Ask dcg as his neighbour cruises past him on his 10m yacht and makes his 1m yacht look like a rowing boat,now he wants to spend half his money on a 20m yacht and it just goes on from there instead of eating at 100 a head restraunts you goto 500 a head ones and so on,mind you you do get the odd hermits who take millions to the pearly gates with them !
LOL

MPinelli said:
was that a recent purchase?

i mean im a smart guy, got a BA in economics and a BA in business management so i do have some common sense about buying "businesses" (which domains are really) as far as income, years established, etc.

My problems are:

1) I cant find any domains, i've used stypo for a month now and havent got a single ovt typo name yet
2) I still dont understand how to use pool, snap names, and daily deleted lists and how people know if these domains will get traffic when they delete
3) I cant monetize my traffic. I have 3 sites now that get decent traffic. one about 450 uniques a month, another about 300, and a mesothelioma site getting 1000 with good search engine saturation. I just cant get any clicks on adsense or anything from them. Yes i know 5k uniques is what you guys consider a lot, but im not getting lucky with finding good deals on them. so i parked at sedo, made nothing, now parked at parkingsite still not making anything. What am i doing wrong as far as capitalizing on the traffic that i do get?

i mean im not really looking for handouts, though i wish it was that easy, i'm looking for someone who is making their 40k/month that could take the time out and educate me and give the education and tools to follow in their footsteps.

ok, my venting is done. i feel a lot better. :)

Simple spend a few hundred grand on some decent domains,no but seriously its getting harder with no decent names dropping and pretty average names going for crazy money at pool etc,basically you got here to late like most of us !

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No I wouldn't. Sorry but I don't believe in easy money. You gotta work. Unless you hit the lottery making $40k a month took a lot of work to get there. Which means you are a go-getter personality that isn't lazy. I hope to work till I die. I like working. I like making money. I hate vacations and having to relax too much. I work 60-70 hours a week at least. I like accomplishments and reaching goals. Nothing is more gratifying than a great sale and a big check.

bah...sorry for rant...I just hate when people expect easy money it's not how it works

work hard and you will be rewarded for it

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
bah...sorry for rant...I just hate when people expect easy money it's not how it works

work hard and you will be rewarded for it
I second that notion. And it's not just working that will do ... it's giving all those extra hours, too!

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a student, and i wouldn't retire. on $40k/month

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
40,000 a month

after taxes about 25000.00

pure income

The only thing i would say is

I love my job

Why would you ever stop working. I would change my work habits

work three days

play four

Seems like a nice place to be

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep working. Pay yourself a salary of $5k mo, then reinvest the remainder to cut back on taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom