Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Would you retire if you made $40,000 per month on PPC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd say $40 profit per month is a good point to start looking at other diversified holdings... such as real estate, brick-and-mortar entrepreneurial ventures, or some small venture capital financing, perhaps.

But also, don't forget that this month's $40k may be $30k next month due to cyclical trends and traffic degradation (esp. with backlinked domains). Retirement has such "finality" to it. While I may not be the workaholic Labrocca is :wink:, I still don't see myself ever retiring. As DCG says, there's too much left to accomplish.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im a 16 year old student and even i wouldnt retire on 40K a month, 40K could be invested and more bought, bringing in yet more revenue, eventually if you worked hard, 15 hours a day it could go to 1 million a month :) hehe

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the essential think that should be taken into account here is "time management". With an income of $40K per month you can not retire since $40K per month means alot of responsibility and people to cover under your command. I have come from a low-lewel income family who always worked for the Government and braked themselves because of money from the tastes of life. I don't mean that is bad since I now know the true worth of money. I am still working in different job and I do domain investment as a side work, even though it passed the limits of side dish. In last years I was under crappy people's command and have no quarantee to talk bitterly to them, but now I do not care them so much, I trust myself much, I even walk more confidently.

I think the best think can be done after $40K per month is to work harder to earn more and look for a woman (or women) who can recover you from all that stress and hard work, without putting pressure on you by asking where are you or who are you with. Recently I do not care the duration of time but the value of time for any job. When you pass 35 you learn to seize the life in an hour after working 10 hours.

TurNIC

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I take it the title of the thread could be interpreted as "make $40,000 profit per month with no effort since all you're doing is pointing domains at PPC landing pages"

In that case, if I were in that situation, I probably would "retire" in the sense of not worrying about whether other stuff I was doing made any money or not, though since the Web is also a hobby it wouldn't stop me working on sites or collecting domains.

Chaiki

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You will need alot more than 40k/mo to live in Cayman Island

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
in India 40k$ pm is lotta money I would retire but only if some one gives me security that it will be for life long :cheeky:

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In Estonia You probably could live very good with $40k in month, thats something like half million local money in month, When normal people make 100 000- 200 000 local money in one YEAR.

Expirepro

Expired DN Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It would be tempting,But the ppc could null at anytime,So i would keep working i think.

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edder said:
Well, if you had generic domains, you would .... otherwise, parking in the long run won't earn you much.

I'm making $33 bucks a day from Adsense on one of my sites ... and my initial investment was only $46 for the domain! :eek:k:

what's the name of your site edder?

MJM

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Expirepro said:
It would be tempting,But the ppc could null at anytime
:laugh: :laugh: yeah...uh huh. The Internet will crash in two yrs also.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would continue trying to grow it until I had saved a nice amount, which could then be invested in other income producing securities/businesses. This would diversify the income streams and make "early retirement" much more tempting.

uglypeoople.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i think if you like what you are doing, then you will not retire....you might take it easy...but you will not completely give it up.

it's not about the money....it's about the orgasm that you get when you close a good deal or learn something new.

for example:

when you're making $100k/month, you're not actually working trying to make more money....you're really working for the excitement and the orgasm that it brings you when you close a good deal or learn something totally new.

I am two steps ahead of you guys....i registered domainaholic.com & domainaholics.com for people that just can not quit.

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's just a daydream for most of us to earn $40K / mth from domains parking; btw, is there anyway to achieve $4K / mth first?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
orgasm? lol :cheeky:

ppl work because you need the money to pay certain bills, and to enjoy life a little..... i dont think anybody could afford to or would do "work" just for fun.

work should be fun, and generally speaking with anything to do with the web it is... you can work as little/as much as you want and nobody is bossing you around.... of course under the right circumstances productivity is much higher so there is potential to make a lot of money........ how? by working your ass off! day and night...or at least 50,60,70 hour weeks :)

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a very inspiring thread....

NO I wouldn't retire... coz I'm addicted...

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YES, i would retire, i was born into a very rich family and i saw first hand what too much money can do, its not pretty.

MJM

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
i was born into a very rich family and i saw first hand what too much money can do, its not pretty.
I'm convinced.

PM me your Enom info, I shall push all my premiums domains to you.

zendiz

Capital
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MissDomain said:
it's just a daydream for most of us to earn $40K / mth from domains parking; btw, is there anyway to achieve $4K / mth first?

I think it's a daydream for most of us to earn $40K/mth Period!

Allthough it is possible outside the whole internet shabang, all depends on where you live and what you're willing to stake. :p

But what could work is the following:
Make a sort of domain mutual fund, hand all your domains over to the best expert in the game and earn percentages on his back. (some kind of brokering) Cause I believe that an expert could do a far more better job than most domain newbies (like me) and earn money themselves on a massive load of domains, be it ppc, leasing or selling. That way if there are million dollar names getting into the portfollio, you can imagine how happy all these so caled stockholders would be..If anyone would know of such a service I'm gladly willing to subscribe. If not, if there are some brains here let's set up such a thing, this could work you know.

Hasta

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
for 40k p/m i would build up the castle and wouldn't be even moving my a$$ from da bed and dvd..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators