Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed .XXX domain showcase. Showcase your .XXX domain names

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure, but if I feel that someone is crashing into a wall I will not try to sugarcoat my thoughts.
If you really bought hundreds of .xxx domains you're not investing, you're gambling. You could have bought one premium .com instead - zero risk. Renewal: $10.
Why take the high-risk route. Nothing wrong with a bit of speculating, but we are talking a lot of money here... but it's your money.

Of course, many people will be disappointed and they are going to blame the registry and Sedo as usual.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Katherine, I don't think you were one of the people whose manner I objected to. Nobody should sugarcoat advice that needs to be blunt. I think you'd agree with me that when domain purchases are made thoughtfully--and not randomly--the statistically expected return can be a positive profit; and that's really the difference between gambling and investing. Now, that said, you may disagree with someone's buying strategy--with buying .XXX in the first place, for example. So that may make my .XXX purchases a bad investment. But I did research and had criteria, which makes my decision an investment (good or bad) rather than a lottery ticket.

If buying one domain can be an investment, then so can buying multiple domains. The scale of the purchase does not make it gambling.

Let me be clear. I'm not blaming Sedo. What I was doing was explaining one of my assumptions--namely that the rest of the domain industry and the adult entertainment industry would facilitate the growth of .XXX. That assumption may turn out to be false, in keeping with a lot of the criticism of experienced domainers in this forum. But that's different from blaming Sedo for my own risky business decisions. I said that I would stand behind the risk I took, and I meant that.

There are certainly arguments in favor of focusing strictly on premium .com's. But there are also valid reasons to consider diversification -- as with any investment asset. Take Meet.me as an example. I'm sure the owners of that domain met with much criticism from .com purists. Of course, they made a large profit where I may lose money; but, in principle, expanding beyond .com is not necessarily foolhardy.

Again, my only gripe has been with personal attacks.

!!amazingday!!

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some of my .XXX names:

BUB (.)XXX
DISK (.)XXX
LEAN (.)XXX (already sold it for $2K
:))
PWD (.)XXX (adult passwords anyone?)
SIG (.)XXX (adult signatures :p )
TMP (.)XXX (temporary adult access)
UNA (.)XXX
WARE (.)XXX
ZIG (.)XXX
ZAG (.)XXX

.XXX for me was just a little gamble. I'm already in profit so the gamble worked out for me.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bride.xxx
highschool.xxx
neighbor.xxx
neighbors.xxx

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bride.xxx
highschool.xxx
neighbor.xxx
neighbors.xxx

All 4 very good. (They were on my list, actually; but it looks like I now know who snagged them!) Whoever develops the High School one will need to be very careful, though. Age laws are important.

Come to think of it, I think I registered "Neighborhood".

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree, these four are good (for a change, nearly everything registered is rubbish)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
I have a few others. What do you think?
eshop.xxx
favorites.xxx
hosts.xxx
sensations.xxx
shaving.xxx
trademarks.xxx
dispute.xxx
disputes.xxx
guard.xxx
shield.xxx

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who knows what the future will be for .XXX? I don't. But if the extension thrives, some of yours have a good chance too. Let me know if you need some cash; I might buy something on the cheap side. So far, the aftermarket on .XXX seems to be pretty weak. Still, without any active marketing, I did get one $500 sale. Honestly, I sold too cheap; but I was pretty deliberate about letting it go for less than half of what I thought it might be worth. The auction didn't attract any other bids. But I figured a few sales on record might jumpstart the market; so I could let one go as a sacrificial lamb. I am beginning to see a few developed .XXX sites now -- during the course of business investigations, of course!

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course! :blush:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Who knows what the future will be for .XXX? I don't. But if the extension thrives, some of yours have a good chance too. Let me know if you need some cash; I might buy something on the cheap side. So far, the aftermarket on .XXX seems to be pretty weak. Still, without any active marketing, I did get one $500 sale. Honestly, I sold too cheap; but I was pretty deliberate about letting it go for less than half of what I thought it might be worth. The auction didn't attract any other bids. But I figured a few sales on record might jumpstart the market; so I could let one go as a sacrificial lamb. I am beginning to see a few developed .XXX sites now -- during the course of business investigations, of course!

There is NO future for .XXX, it will never thrive, it will die a slow death like all the other UN-NEEDED TLD's, many of which have been forgotten. The need for .XXX is purely a con job just like Mobi was, they con domainers like yourself into believing it's a needed TLD, that it will revolutionize the internet, when in reality it's nothing but a farce.

Creating new TLD's is an investment opportunity for the people who create it, it's to make as much money as possible in the short term and they repeat the process over and over.. Who was it that reported Adult Niche TLD''s are on the horizon? If this is true it just goes to proves my point.

And the fact you got $500 for one of your domains is a blessing, I just hope you didn't blow it on more xxx. domains.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, you're certainly on record with your opinion, Raider. You may be right; I don't pretend to know the future. Still, I'm not sure why you are so vehement and aggressive about this issue -- particularly if you have stayed away from purchasing .XXX domains yourself. It's possible that I may lose money. But it seems to be you that's upset about it. ... As if we were two heads growing out of one body.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's possible that I may lose money. But it seems to be you that's upset about it.

I'll admit your right about that, I don't want to see you or anyone else losing a lot of money over a new extension like this, it actually pains me to see it, just like it pained me to see a newbie who bought up over 15K in the mobi's at a mobility auction, grossly over paying when the bottom had just started to fall out.. I don't know what your financial situation is, but if you can afford to take the gamble without it hurting your budget or going into debt, then by all means gamble.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There is NO future for .XXX, it will never thrive, it will die a slow death like all the other UN-NEEDED TLD's, many of which have been forgotten. The need for .XXX is purely a con job just like Mobi was, they con domainers like yourself into believing it's a needed TLD, that it will revolutionize the internet, when in reality it's nothing but a farce.

Creating new TLD's is an investment opportunity for the people who create it, it's to make as much money as possible in the short term and they repeat the process over and over.. Who was it that reported Adult Niche TLD''s are on the horizon? If this is true it just goes to proves my point.

And the fact you got $500 for one of your domains is a blessing, I just hope you didn't blow it on more xxx. domains.

Have you seen the ICM Registry sales record so far? Also, who said that .XXX is for your typical domainer, or domain investor even? It's an adult TLD. Those that tap the adult market have a good reason to develop adult web sites on .XXX domains.

Numerous such examples at http://xxx.xxx

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The few big sales are made by the registry, essentially it's a remake of .mobi.
There is no money for domainers. So why do domainers buy .xxx ?
Ulysse is developing his domains but who else among domainers ?
If you are just sitting on them waiting for a buyer to materialize make sure you have a healthy budget for painful renewals.

Domainers are always falling for the hype of new extensions yet they should know better.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have you seen the ICM Registry sales record so far? Also, who said that .XXX is for your typical domainer, or domain investor even? It's an adult TLD. Those that tap the adult market have a good reason to develop adult web sites on .XXX domains.

Numerous such examples at http://xxx.xxx
the adult industry has largely rejected .xxx.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

This is a false statement. A small portion of established (monopolistic) adult operators oppose it, not the adult industry.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Correct, when you look at SilverCash who is one of the largest provider of adult web sites, they have no interest in them whatsoever, they didn't even feel the need to grab their company name silvercash.xxx, And if you look in whois, it appears it was picked up by a domainer, any surprise?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There is no money for domainers. So why do domainers buy .xxx ?

Because hand reg's are abundantly available and they convince themselves it's a money maker, so it's out with the credit card at $100 a pop.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a false statement. A small portion of established (monopolistic) adult operators oppose it, not the adult industry.

take a look at any industry board. do you see any sites using .xxx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom