Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed "Year" domains such as 1941.com?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what value you would put on a "year" domain such as 1941.com or 1972.org?

The definition of "year" I'm using in this case is a year between 1900-2020, and a .com/.net/.org extension

Do you see any value in these types of name?
How do you think the .net/.org value compares to the .com?
Do you think some years are worth more than others?

Domain summit 2024

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think it depends on the year in question.

1984.com would be worth more then 1958.com or 1973.com. If it is a prominent year it would be worth a lot. Tough to put a dollar value on it though without the specific year you have in mind. i doubt a .net or .org year would be worth much.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool
i think it depends on the year in question.

1984.com would be worth more then 1958.com or 1973.com. If it is a prominent year it would be worth a lot. Tough to put a dollar value on it though without the specific year you have in mind. i doubt a .net or .org year would be worth much.

Yes. It does vary a lot, take a look at http://www.1967.com :sad: and http://www.1998.com :)

I don't see much value in most year names being sold individually unless as has been said - it is a pretty notorious year. I do see a company that buys up loads of these and offers webspace at the subdomains as being massively popular.

Just think about all the parents who now create web pages for their newly born babies - it's the 'in thing' ---- now if they could get their hands on www.forenamesurname.2002.com for a baby born this year i reckon they would be willing to pay a fair amount for the priveledge.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So you think there might be some value for e.g. 2002.org? :)

nope - not .org

As i said, i reckon it'd take someone with an actual business model designed to exploit the use of a lot of these types of domains together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators