Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Your opinion about the .us

Florian

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to have your opinion about .us domain name extensions. I own some very nice EMD .us domains. It seemed to me that this extension could be interesting, especially for products or services which are specific to the United States. But, a domain broker told me today that ".us are terrible and just don't used in the USA". What do you think about it ?

Domain summit 2024
Reaction score
I think it didn't gain any traction because the US don't seem to use it that much and nobody outside of US is supposed to have one (like most country extensions except UK which is open to all and DE if you jump through a few hoops). If they do they run the risk of losing it. Any extension that restricts potential registrants will never gain global recognition imo. Having said that there have been sales in the extension so I wouldn't write it off if you have access to it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But, a domain broker told me today that ".us are terrible and just don't used in the USA". What do you think about it ?

ann witch borker toll yew dat?

cuz any boddy kin say dey a borker

:)

still, I've owned biggie.us for years, just cuz I like it

i think .us holders must be patient and have good domain names to draw interest

i do know folks who seem to turn them more frequently than most, prolly cuz they have a good eye

sold a couple in the past for low returns, but did much better with .us.com domains :) hah go figure

to me, it depends on what names you got and how long you can wait for the right buyer.

imo...

Reaction score
As of today there are just under 2 million registered .us. This makes for a small market - a fifth as big as the uk or german domain market. I put it down to bad decisions on release and maybe lack of marketing - the US should be the biggest market after .com in my opinion.

Florian

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback guys.
Do you know well-known sites that use .US for their main address? Because it seems to me that it is also a criterion that will make progress in its use...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators