Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed ZHV.org - Interested in your appraisals

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm interested in getting your appraisal on ZHV.org.

Thanks in advance.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$250 minimum you should let it go for. I'd try to get $350-375. Although I see many on SnapNames, Afternic, etc and they may sell for $200 or below, it is still a LLL.org. The LLL.net's have held pretty well, and if someone finds those too expensive you have the next best ext. I see an Asian company with these initials (it may already exist) Not the best acronym for Western languages but Z and V are common in Eastern ones

:smilewinkgrin:

sitemaker

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[h=3]Zürcher Handball-Verband Zurich Handball Team[/h][h=3]ZHV Securities (on Karachi Stock Exchange)[/h]
There are tons of good uses for ZHV world-wide.

If listing it at Sedo, specify it as a foreign language name, not English.

Try positioning it as Swiss, a wealthy country;
and that also makes it good for all "HV" in Zurich.

And list it with charm-pricing in Euros, not dollars. For example: 299 euros.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with what you have to say but I own better (in terms of letters) LLL.org's that people just won't take since I insist of $200-250 minimum and they're listed on Sedo. Not one offer lately unless it's like $150. I haven't tried listing them in euros or in German but that's a cool idea, interesting. Z is used more in German but the majority who buy these are Chinese and for them our worst letters (Western) are premium. As to examples of what acronyms can stand for, I do that from time to time, but some of their uses are a bit outlandish, some association no one has heard of, a small business in the middle of nowhere in a 3rd world country, it may actually prove counterproductive, those browsing may resent it and find it even condescending. Some are stock market symbols, I even owe some in .net and can't sell them based on that. Sedo will take at least $50 of the proceeds (unless it's a BIN on certain platforms, ie it cannot have come thru their MLS) and that for me is a deal killer, I may get a $200 offer but I refuse to give Sedo $50 :-(

Zürcher Handball-Verband Zurich Handball Team
ZHV Securities (on Karachi Stock Exchange)

There are tons of good uses for ZHV world-wide. If listing it at Sedo, specify it as a foreign language name, not English. Try positioning it as Swiss, a wealthy country; and that also makes it good for all "HV" in Zurich. And list it with charm-pricing in Euros, not dollars. For example: 299 euros.

Last edited:

sitemaker

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...Sedo will take at least $50 of the proceeds (unless it's a BIN on certain platforms, ie it cannot have come thru their MLS) and that for me is a deal killer, I may get a $200 offer but I refuse to give Sedo $50 :-(

I don't begrudge Sedo the money, I feel they earned it. If they are not your only sales venue, if you are trying to sell your stuff everywhere, and yet Sedo is the one who keeps making sales for you, well then that's great.

I sell more via Sedo's MLS than any other venue, including direct email contact, domain forums, and other listing sites. Everything of mine at Sedo is "Buy Now" pricing. Most get sold by GoDaddy when businesses go there to register (not to buy per se) and Sedo automatically sucks the domains off Dynadot (my registrar) and delivers them to GoDaddy.

If I got a domain for under $25, and renewed it once or twice, and Godaddy sells it for $200 so that Sedo transmits $150 to my bank account, and it all happens automatically while I sleep, so that all I have to do is keep stocking the Sedo account with domains that will sell within a few years... well that's just fine. It's a decent way to earn extra cash. And most of these domains sell for way more than $200 anyway; about $450 average.

If they're not good enough domains to satisfyingly sell when paying $50 to the venue, then they're probably not good enough to keep in stock. Dump 'em at a forum.

Unless you are an underemployed citizen of a third world country, it's too much work to sell them yourself just to make an extra $50 when Sedo can sell twice as many of them for you while you sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom