Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed 1.cc ; 5.cc ;168.cc

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
1.cc - the queue of buyers could be long at the right price and I see no problem with a pricetag of 1k - 10k is possible for someone who really wants to be "no 1", 100k is a dream.
That's only if you just want to sell it quickly for a little easy cash, but is not what this rare domain is worth. The lower $x,xxx is also much too low. Here's my original post:

www said:
In truth, it is not unrealistic to expect well over $10,000, but it would not be so bad if you let it go for $x,xxx to $xx,xxx. In the end, it's of course a matter of finding motivated buyers willing to pay what it's really worth. In truth, it is easily worth $xxx,xxx+.
No one has said to put a $xxx,xxx price tag on it right away for the purpose of a sale. This one-of-a-kind .cc gem is well worth holding onto and developing. As far as I'm concerned, it could command well over $xxx,xxx in the not so distant future.

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also know 100k is a dream~~
although it is good to have a dream~~:)
just want to know the possible range~~

pyrodesign

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
possible range for a rather quick sale:

5000+

possible range for a sale in the future with some luck:

10000+

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vincentliao said:
conclusion!
Dear GT_Web I think you are new domainer.

Actually I have been selling names and sites for nearly 3 years and have spent more time reading the insightful posts on this forum than you ever will. If you can find something stupid enough to make an offer over $5000 then please accept it and prove me wrong.

Vincent your theory (that since 1.com, 1.net and 1.org and some others) are taken this domain is automatically worth tens of thousands of dollars proves who the newbie is.

vincentliao

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am newbe here right!
I buy domain name almost 10 years.
If you have 1.com 1.net 1.org than I buy from you with 100k.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1.cc is a thing of beauty - a .cc treasure. It could potentially become one of the kinds of "life-changing" domains people look for, whether some are willing to admit it or not. Pyrodesign's price suggestions above are not bad just for a fast flip, but I believe $10,000-$50,000 is realistic now even for a quick turnover. Obviously the closer to the lower end of the scale, the more likely a quicker sale. Even for those who don't like .cc, this is "extreme" quality.

It's interesting to note that the biggest naysayer in this thread is from Canada, and "CC" must surely be among the most beloved acronyms of all time there, used to refer to the nation's no. 1 internationally reknown whiskey known as Canadian Club, and for all I know perhaps other things. Check this out: http://www.canadianclubwhisky.com/cc-family.html. Any Canadian who managed to acquire 1.cc is likely to feel as if it was a very special trophy, perhaps even become a bit of a celebrity - or at least successful on the web. This domain should be spoken of rightly, and Jandy should be well-compensated for it in a sale.

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
pyrodesign said:
possible range for a rather quick sale:

5000+

possible range for a sale in the future with some luck:

10000+

and how about 5.CC
also want to know this one~~
because maybe sell it~~
can it reach $2000-3000?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would a company like Canadian Club ever buy a name like this? It would only show they have no idea what they are doing regarding domain names. Wouldnt you rather buy a name like Rye.com or Whiskey.com instead of something like 1.cc???

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you, the owner of any domain, must believe it has value......before anyone else will!

very nice domain IMO

post it on sedo as a featured domain, and let's see how high it goes!

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
you, the owner of any domain, must believe it has value......before anyone else will!

mhmm~~
every domain means a dream of the owner~~
you trust~it worth~

p.s this discuss may be over~~
thank for everyone~~~

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow ~~~~~

I've never seen ~~~ a post at DNF before ~~~

With so many ~~~ of these retarded squigly things ~~~

either way, why not develop it and prove me wrong - I love it when people try and do that

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how you know I won't do that? :)
Now I am a Graduate student~~if possible~Of course I will do that~~
Stop the discuss~~because we just suggest~~not to get the price~~isn't it~~
IF one day I sell it for the price~~this is the real answer~

Darren06

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geez jandy, with those ~~~ your starting to sound like William Shatner on those commercials...

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no~
just let some know some .cc still can get a better price~

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My, my, my. Well, I was done with this thread, but then I found the latest posts. The real 'wow' is the degenerate behavior above and in the other .cc thread where this fierce determination to make 1.cc look not very valuable was continued, even though that one was supposed to be about .cc in general.

The ~~~ are perfectly charming. Go on using as many as you want, Jandy. I liked it.

Jandy's ability to develop it or not has nothing to do with everything positive people have said about it's value. Anyone knows the best domains in the world are still worth a fortune even if the present owner couldn't make a website worth $.02. The buyers who could make millions with your domain would be happy to have you think otherwise. Yes, I'm sure a credit card company like Capitol One should tell the owner of the domain to sell it to them for a few hundred dollars if the owner is unable to make the same millions of dollars they might with it.

The same people who would try so hard to convince you the domain is not valuable are just as likely to be the same people who'd be emailing you or have their partners email you a few days from now with lowball offers in the hope of getting away with a steal. When you look at the behavior here and in the other thread, looks more like sour grapes to me.

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
www: who are you, and when did you become the grand appraiser of the domain name estate? (oh, and by the way, what's your commission? ;)

People, get real -- these are .cc's -- 1.cc is not worth more than $700 at the moment. Maybe in the future you can get $2,500 for it, but it would have to be a very motivated buyer.

pyrodesign

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jandy519, nah I doubt 5.cc will be worth a lot, sorry.

1.cc is a cool domain and could probably sell to the price I appraised, but potential buyers that would probably be willing to give more than low XXXX for that domain are rare, so it´s a mather of luck, how motivated they will be and how few alternatives there will be at given time, etc...

merlink about 1.cc being at a worth of 700$: I have seen - and I guess you yourself as well - good keyword.cc´s going for lower XXXX range and I guess it´s out of question that 1.cc equals at least a good keyword.cc. So lower XXXX would be the least imho, not higher XXX.

jandy519

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a little funny~
If I don't have 1.CC now~~if I know the owner will sell it for $700~~even$1000~~
it is not a big cost~~I am just a Graduate student~~
I still have the ability to buy this~~~~
mhmm~~I will buy first~~~~~
for this price~~the domain would be cry~~~=.=
and the enic.cc also cry loudly the most~~~~

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom