Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

17 domains with lots of traffic... music, games, software, etc... cheap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
manipulating alexa is as easy as 1-2-3... probly everybody knows how to, at least most of us who are in this business... heck, i was just trying to see if some fish would bite on my idea... because it is easy to implement and it really works and surely worth the 5 bucks... i never even would consider the alexa ranking to be a factor when determining the value of a domain that i would be buying or selling... so there, what's next that you have to complain about?

Really, I have been a domainer for a long time and had no idea Alexa ranks could be manipulated, especially by using a simple 5 buck tool.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hehe too bad... but i am sure if you spend some time on figuring out the whole alexa ranking system, after no longer then 10 mins you should have a general idea of what you need to do inorder to start improving your ranking without doing much.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is stupid..

while I don't agree with this rule, you guys are crapping his thread.

And anyways, if you are buying expired traffic for example, I'm sure it eventually go away, right?

Anyways, I'm sure the mods and admins and other members of the board would appreciate maybe starting a seperate thread about this issue?

Hopefully all parties can come out on top at the end of this mess.

- Jordan

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
heh... there is no mess, just a big fuss over nothing.... i hope everything works out for everybody and its time to move on, good luck.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL, many options out there to hit the stats. :evil:

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol and just for the record... the alexa manipulation process has nothing to do with increasing or sending fake hits to a certain web site/domain, the "tweak" is a simple one line of html code which fools alexa in many ways, so there... the "booster" is nothing but some harmless code.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have bought 6 domains from mike031, 3 from this threads and 3 more thru the private message with the total of ~$300. From June 8 - July 12, about one month, the traffic is closed to that advertised. However, from July 13 onward, the traffic was only 1-2 a day per domain.

I contacted the seller regarding this issue and asked if he bought traffic and forward to these domains. When he stopped buying traffic, the traffic is all gone. He replied that all his names from China are having the same problem and he is investigating, but will not responsible for the sale.

However, all of my other chinese traffic names bought from others don't experience this tremendous drop in traffic. They're still the same.

The seller isn't responsibility for the name he sold to me. These names are

21jia.com
cool99.com
linyun588.com
phyteach.com
snboo.com
xajhweb.com

The traffic are dropped to 1-2 for each of them started on July 13.

I'm telling people the fact. Please don't delete this post.

signguy

domainfinders llc
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just for the record, these names are still getting the same traffic (if not more) as when i bought them off this thread 2 months ago

31to.com
Kikids.com
51guestbook.com
Zsradio.com
Suneasian.com

believe me, i have spent literally thousands on link-pop domains on the forums and eventually watched the traffic vanish.

it's the chance you take, if you can't handle it when it happens, don't gamble on those type of domains/traffic in the first place

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
signguy said:
just for the record, these names are still getting the same traffic (if not more) as when i bought them off this thread 2 months ago

31to.com
Kikids.com
51guestbook.com
Zsradio.com
Suneasian.com

believe me, i have spent literally thousands on link-pop domains on the forums and eventually watched the traffic vanish.

it's the chance you take, if you can't handle it when it happens, don't gamble on those type of domains/traffic in the first place

You sound like mike's disciple. and I won't surprise if you turn out to be the same person. Too many scams in the net world anyway. You stopped posting like 2 months during which mike has been actively posting, and then back to post to defend him.

i don't scam people and don't like to be scammed, by the way.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz...... first of all signguy and i are not the same person and you were not scammed... you assessed the domains values using whichever methods you use (marketleap, google, alexa, etc, etc.) and then you decided that they are worth the investment and then you went ahead and paid for this names... there are no guarantees when buying traffic domains... unfortunately a whole set of names that i acquired during a certain period of time really became useless after a certain period of time... you lost $300... if it makes you feel any better, i lost much much more because i had invested in chinese traffic domain names heavily for quiet some time... thousands and thousands of dollars... but ill be ok, things happend and we move on... so don't go starting trouble, i told you already that there is nothing you or i can do, it was something really strange that nobody could even imagine... traffic just vanishing all of the sudden... i mean you have the names on your fabulous stat's... go ahead and look at them... you see the stats from when the names were pretty active... and the referrer links, search terms, etc, etc... now how did i pay for that? please... no more silly posts, it is uncalled for... g'nite!

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Uncalled for? Of course, all scammer doesn't like the truth (it doesn't mean you're one of them).

Two people on this message board has warned me, but I still went ahead and bought domains from you anyway. Luckily I didn't buy more higher price domain when you started to offer me more names.

How did you pay for that? Easily by buying traffic and forward them to these domains for a month. It's hard to believe you don't know this simple thing when you're in traffic domain business.

I didn't start trouble. I'm telling the truth to warn people outright. I have all my right to post the message here. I've been with this and other message boards for years without any arguement with anyone. Your'e the first one, just so you know.

Besides, all of my other Chinese names (not from you) are still getting the same amount of traffic as usual, how can you explain that?

Can you show me the evidence that you lost thousands dollars?

toscawan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.biz,

I too bought chinese domains from mike031 in recent months...which have basically lost all traffic after 13 July, but prior to that were performing as per the stats that were provided by mike031 and I have fabulous stats to support that.

Given that the majority of traffic was generated via referrers (link traffic) and search engines, of which today still exist and work, I believe that China has either blocked the referring pages or fabulous/sedo traffic.

Perhaps you should stick to playing tetris...

Tosca

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
toscawan said:
.biz,

I too bought chinese domains from mike031 in recent months...which have basically lost all traffic after 13 July, but prior to that were performing as per the stats that were provided by mike031 and I have fabulous stats to support that.

Given that the majority of traffic was generated via referrers (link traffic) and search engines, of which today still exist and work, I believe that China has either blocked the referring pages or fabulous/sedo traffic.

Perhaps you should stick to playing tetris...

Tosca

Thank for writing. But, I have been suspecious people who signed up in Mar 2004 (same month as mike031). All of them always defend mike031. :bandit:

Sorry, I don't take your word.

toscawan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah whatever.... bit difficult to be the same person, since I live in Australia and mike031 lives in the US.

I didn't expect you to take my word for it, as that what indicate that you don't know what your talking about.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz....... over the past few month's i have sold probably close to 300 traffic domains on the forums alone.... and ofcourse there have been some domains that have lost traffic afew weeks later... a month later, all of them lose it eventually... it all depends on how you "take care" of the traffic, do you provide relevant content and optimize it to increase instead of decrease? do you monitor and "pamper" it every other day? obviously you are upset but please dont go insulting peoples intelligence... but anyway, i have gotten used to taking the heat, i have a portfolio of 11,000 names currently of which more then 7,000 are traffic domains and i will be around for many more years to come and will be selling every now and then on the forums and just remember... one may provide you stats, etc, etc... but it is upto you to assess the risk, investment and return/profits.... it is always a gamble because nothing is guaranteed but if you grow your traffic portfolio and have 50 or 500 names to look at instead of 5 or 6 then you will realize that... "yea things happend, its not my fault... it was a pretty good gamble though... too bad it didnt work" and you move on.

toscawan

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.biz,

phrone joined dnf in March 2004, does that mean you are suspicious of him ? Or are you only suspicious of people who just joined up in March 2004 with a differing option to yours ?

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
toscawan said:
.biz,

phrone joined dnf in March 2004, does that mean you are suspicious of him ? Or are you only suspicious of people who just joined up in March 2004 with a differing option to yours ?

No. I wasn't clear.

Just only those who defend mike031, every single one of them sign up at the same time. You know it well, toscawan.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, March must have been a busy month for DNF. I personally am suspcious of all Sagittariuses (Sagittarii?) that use organic-based hair-care products, but that's a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com