Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed $18,000 according to Fabulous.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$18.00

May not be exact - but it is much more realistic. Companies can only harm their credibility by handing out 1999 appraisals like this. Many people have had good things to say about this company, so I can't understand why they would undermine themselves with outlandish appraisals like this (other than it keeps inexperienced people coming back to buy more appraisals).

M

machine

any particular reason or you all just pulling out numbers? I see a lot of appraisal values but nobody really explains the reasoning behind it.
Thanks.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by machine
any particular reason or you all just pulling out numbers? I see a lot of appraisal values but nobody really explains the reasoning behind it.
Thanks.

I was editing my post to do just that when you posted. The reasoning behind it is that these random 4-letter domains (even though the bmw part is recognizable - and trademarked) are deleted by the hundreds every week. They have an established sales history (actually a NON-sales history) showing that they are not worth a reg fee - so the $18K appraisal is the one that is based on utter nonsense. There are NO sales for similar domains to support such an appraisal.

M

machine

Thankyou for that. I agree with you. I am at a bit of a loss what to do with it - it's receiving 20+ hits per day (not listed anywhere as far as I know) but I don't know what people are looking for.
Anyway your points make perfect sense and I too can't understand why a lot of companies just seem to quote silly money ($7000 for PerfectSales.com).

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
xBMW.com

anyone got a more 'realistic' appraisal?

I really don't see any resale value for this name. It has no signifigant meaning. Many appraisal services use formated guidelines based on certain criteria, if your name fits within
it's "A list". You will get a high appraisal value. "xBMW.com" fits
within a higher ranking order because it has 4 letters, no dashes,
no numbers, and is a .com. But, to the real buyer,has little meaning.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
TM issue with BMW :(

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no reason for a seller to pay for name appraisal. Their is no regulation/certification required to do them. Really, they are for amusement only. If a buyer approaches you and insists on an appraisal you can tell them they are free to pay for an appraisal from anyone they wish.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont know about the TM issue here. I own LABMW.com and BMW does not have a problem with that. Many dealerships purchased domains containing 'BMW' like NYBMW.com for example and its not an issue.

Oh, and i agee about the $0 value of this domain.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thankyou for that. I agree with you. I am at a bit of a loss what to do with it - it's receiving 20+ hits per day (not listed anywhere as far as I know) but I don't know what people are looking for.

It is weird that you would be getting any hits on that. Both xbmw and xbmw.com get Zero at Overture and Google only finds 136 references for xbmw which is extremely low by Google standards where any random entry will usually pull up several hundred pages (weird model numers, catalog numbers etc)

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I dont know about the TM issue here. I own LABMW.com and BMW does not have a problem with that. Many dealerships purchased domains containing 'BMW' like NYBMW.com for example and its not an issue.

FORD is currently taking domain names on TM violations. It's only a matter of time

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyway your points make perfect sense and I too can't understand why a lot of companies just seem to quote silly money ($7000 for PerfectSales.com).

Theres alot of silly money out there,meaning theres alot of people that have more money than since,you just have to find them.Thats like why do some of the high rollers go to las vegas and tip waitresses 10,000.00 and tip dealers 100,000.00 makes no since at all
all imo:confused:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl

It is weird that you would be getting any hits on that. Both xbmw and xbmw.com get Zero at Overture and Google only finds 136 references for xbmw which is extremely low by Google standards where any random entry will usually pull up several hundred pages (weird model numers, catalog numbers etc)

The name has 2 links at "alt" via marketleap 1 dead, 1 asian

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrWho

FORD is currently taking domain names on TM violations. It's only a matter of time

I dont think any auto manufacturer will have anything against their dealers using their TM in their domain names. They would welcome it. If you sell hubcaps under the ford name, they will not like the idea, but if you are selling fords? They will love it.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
IF this is an APPRAISAL amount ($18,000) by that site (Fabulous.com) for this domain (xBMW.com) ... then it is purely "hype", in my opinion. Sorry.
Good Luck.

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$32 based on my own valuation model. Download the Cool Tool and see for youself. Use a Market Valuation of 0 due to the potential for TM issues.

Gail

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators