Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

2001 Good expired domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNF members safesys and DNPowerful, living thousands of miles apart from each other, were able to beam themselves into each other’s living rooms in 45 seconds

Wooh ho!

that would make my teleported.com the travel domain of the future.:D

Line up with your offers guys:D

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameinvestor
YesOnline,

Yup, beijing did indeed drop. Believe it or not. Bet the pros also recall that shanghai.com dropped the same day as beijing.com! Both owned by the same guy before the drop, forget who has them now, UltSearch most likely.

Sorry for reopening this old thread, I just found a historic news about the Beijing.com was not dropped but bid to ultsearch.com.
I am sorry the article is in Chinese.
http://www.shanghaitelecom.com.cn/gb/content/2001-07/04/content_173424.htm

There are some news issued at July 04, 2001 wrote the ex-owner of Beijing.com and Shanghai.com Edgemont Asia was going to place these 2 premium domains on auction for at least 1 million each, and they would hold the auction till July 13 2001 when Olympic committe had made their vote to decide which city is taking place Olympic 2008, and we all know the result was going to Beijing. Then the auction was held. Now the whois of beijing.com shows ultsearch.com is as the current registrant and the creation date was Aug 5 2001, I think it is no doubt that was a noraml transaction involved at least 1 million dollars, not a DROP-SNAP job.
Ultsearch.com spent at least 1 million dollars to acquire Beijing.com.

I just hope it could clarify something and nothing else more.
:D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yesonline, many thanks for unearthing that very interesting piece of news for us about beijing.com.

Do you know what happened with shanghai.com at the same time back then? The whois shows Champion Ford Limited ownership from two months ago.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz
yesonline, many thanks for unearthing that very interesting piece of news for us about beijing.com.

Do you know what happened with shanghai.com at the same time back then? The whois shows Champion Ford Limited ownership from two months ago.

Yes, I also noticed shanghai.com has changed its owner few months ago, I believe it must be a normal business as Beijing.com with hugh money, there was no reason the ex-owner would let it expired.
I have no futhur information about the transatcion though.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry yesonline,

I really doubt that UltSearch paid one million dollars for Beijing.com. The domain name may be worth that amount, but buying domain names is definitely not Ultsearch's "modus operandi".

Since Ultsearch used Melbourne IT to register the name, I have to disagree and assume that it was a successful drop catch by Ult.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
According to the old news link I've post here, untile July 13, 2001,
beijing.com was still held by ex-owner who wanted to put it
on an auction to wait for the result of Olympic committee to
vote the host city of 2008.(And result goes to beijing, it means
the value of beijing.com would skyrocket high, could anybody ignore this fact and let it expired few days later?)
And also according to the current whois of beijing.com shows, the owner
is ultsearch.com and creation date was Aug 5, 2001.
From July 13, 2001 to Aug 5, 2001, less than 23 days, was that possible the ex-owner "forgot" to renew the name and let it dropped and
as soon as possible it had been deleted to be snapped by
ultsearch.com? And ex-owner had also just forgotten they had hold
this 1 million dollars name for auction and let it gone?
I think it doesn't matter what registrar ultsearch.com is using
for now, it could transfer the registrar later.
Though I have no direct evidence to prove it was a real transaction , I do believe it was not a dropped and snapped domain but a normal business.
It is just my logical thought, not necessary the TRUTH:D

D

dkny

ult search is based in HK, so no doubt that it will be very much interested in chinese-related domains. since they own many domain and sell PPC traffic. It's possible that the company could negotiate a good deal, and have enough money to buy it from the previous owner.

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i wonder if ultsearch bought it, but tried to make it look like they'd caught it in a drop to boost their ego hehe.
By the way high bid for beijing.com at namewinner was a paltry $12345

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
to boost ultsearch ego????... a bit of irony..... learn to use the whois and you'll find that statement unnecessary

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Momentum
Sorry yesonline,

I really doubt that UltSearch paid one million dollars for Beijing.com. The domain name may be worth that amount, but buying domain names is definitely not Ultsearch's "modus operandi".

Since Ultsearch used Melbourne IT to register the name, I have to disagree and assume that it was a successful drop catch by Ult.
What makes you assume Ult didn't transfer it to Melbourne IT after it was purchased?!?

Think about it, it's a city with population of 14 million people, hosting the Olympics in 5 years. Seems like a bargain to me. $1Million wouldn't even buy you an apartment in Hong Kong.

Maybe Yun Ye didn't pay the full $1 million, but do you really think he couldn't afford it? His annual reg fees must be close to that.

Cheers,

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators