Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

$25,000 is great, but am I getting ripped off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was a good offer.

By the way, as a domain reseller, I might be interested at around $10,000 range for the domain if in case you like to sell it in near future.

This confirms that the original poster's "loss" in "blowing" the deal is only in the $8K to $15K range.

Also since there are few if any repeat "retail" customers, brokers have a tendency to make repeated "final offers," so don't count yourself out yet. It would be laughable how many times people say, "my last offer is $25,000" and then come back with one or two more offers (if you are in the ballpark, not in fanasy land). Since they will never do business with you again, there is no reputation effect to being full of it, so talk is cheap.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I probably already blew it. Based on most of the comments here, I was prepared to accept the offer. Then I put vpp.com up for sale with afternic.com and paid for their appraisal. They appraised it at $60,000.
Wrong move.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Also, what does the minimum bid on an Afternic listing has to do with the value of the domain name? .. :confused:
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. That's like the minimum bid on Sedo is $60. Now Stian...I am sure you have sold all your LLL.com for minimum bid.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wrong move.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. That's like the minimum bid on Sedo is $60. Now Stian...I am sure you have sold all your LLL.com for minimum bid.

Yes, most of them were sold for $60. :)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why did you pay for an appraisal when 20+ experienced domainers have already appraised the name for you in this thread? ..

An official appraisal is a great tool when negotiating price, Hopefully the OP purchased the appraisal for that purpose.

ronen

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. A domain is worth what you - as a seller - are able to get for it. If you aren't really looking to sell and you value the site more than 25K, don't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom