• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed $300 offer at Sedo....

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickHoldem

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
545
Reaction score
0
RadiologicalWarfare.com

Could I get some views on this offer for this name.


Thanks...

CH
 
That's not bad...I doubt there's a huge "ready market" for buying this domain.
 
I agree with you, just wish I knew who I was dealing with. One downside to sedo is the ghostbidder. Thanks.

Anyone else please?

CH
 
Of course it's nice not having people know your identity if you're buying :) I find that most corporations make their offers through less sophisticated means, like Network Solutions' Certified Offer service.
 
I say sell, of course try to get a bit more first.
 
I was just reading your site Austin...I like the insightful information you provide. I sure hate to sell this name and find out later I could of sold it for much more, risk I take I suppose. Even if I just make a small counter offer, wonder where that would leave me?
 
Hey, if the buyer goes away you're only out $300. Counter with a nice sum that's more than you think you'd get and see if they accept it or they might come back with a higher offer than $300. Sounds like the buyer could be in video games or military supplies. This doesn't seem like someone who wants the name to park it, they are most likey going to develop it.
 
Very Very true...you just made me realise that. First of all the initial offer being $300 and not $50 or $100 tells me there is some money involved here. I will counter now that you have me thinking this way...pm me what you would personally counter with. Thanks.

CH
 
Very Very true...you just made me realise that. First of all the initial offer being $300 and not $50 or $100 tells me there is some money involved here. I will counter now that you have me thinking this way...pm me what you would personally counter with. Thanks.

CH
I would just ignore the offer if you are concerned about what if thing.
One time, I offered $200 and seller just ignored my offer.
It got me really thinking for a while.
I was thinking "Do I really want this domain?".
I believe I would offer higher amt. if I really wanted it.

At the end, you need to make your own decision.
 
All the advice is greatly appreciated. This forum is full of sophisticated men that help out immensely. In the I made my own decision i felt comfortable with. Thanks Copper for your insight as well.

CH
 
Agreed. Not many "Radiological Warfare" sites on the internet.

Take the offer.
 
I countered the buyers offer, because I see the possible big sale outweighs the little offer he made. I still have what he wants, so if he wants it bad enough he should come back with his second offer, if not I lose out, but still have what he wants. Sounds crappy, but sometimes in this game I am learning to just play hardball. Thanks so much to all you guys...you rock!

CH
 
I would just ignore the offer if you are concerned about what if thing.
One time, I offered $200 and seller just ignored my offer.
It got me really thinking for a while.
I was thinking "Do I really want this domain?".
I believe I would offer higher amt. if I really wanted it.

At the end, you need to make your own decision.
I bid on domains a lot on sedo and if I send a solid mid xxx - low xxxx and I do not get a response...I will not deal with the seller and look for another name. A seller not wanting to negotiate means a seller who does not want a sale. One guiding principle about negotiating is that you never want to negotiate with yourself...you will lose everytime.
 
I think it was a good move. Honestly, how many gamers or personal use users are going to want that name lest they had 'private use' in mind. Personally I would have played a middle sort of ground and countered with $1,000 (assuming that's not what you did). If the personal is logical or really wants it then he'll accept or at most counter with half the primium. I've received medium size bids before with "this is my final offer" and I still countered at about 40% more and closed at that. (would have been sucked if it went the other) but this is the domain industry... if u fear risk then get the hell out!!!
 
I countered the buyers offer, because I see the possible big sale outweighs the little offer he made. I still have what he wants, so if he wants it bad enough he should come back with his second offer, if not I lose out, but still have what he wants. Sounds crappy, but sometimes in this game I am learning to just play hardball. Thanks so much to all you guys...you rock!

CH

I've lost many nice offers this way. I wouldn't have countered it.
 
I will be at a loss if I lose the sale completely, but thats the way it goes when you try to get that extra bit of cash. Of course, regret may be there a little, I will just keep the name and wait for the next buyer. Thats the way it will have to be. Thanks again for all the posts.

-X- -->Very well put..thank you!
CH
 
I will be at a loss if I lose the sale completely, but thats the way it goes when you try to get that extra bit of cash. Of course, regret may be there a little, I will just keep the name and wait for the next buyer. Thats the way it will have to be. Thanks again for all the posts.

-X- -->Very well put..thank you!
CH

Let us know what happens, fingers crossed for you :)
 
If this sale falls through you will not be at a loss, just wait until you get your next offer. You never had the money in your hand to start with, so it's not really a loss. It would probably be more of a loss if you just accepted the offer. Keep in mind that an offer is just that and the transaction could still fail until you have the money in your hand.

My father in-law always tells me to accept any offer that is above my buying price, but for some names I just prefer to hold on to them for for a while.

/Frank
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom