Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed 3g +hosting Domains

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KLICKMARKET

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ANY ONE GOT A SPARE 10 MINS......??

Stick a value on these yeah??.....??
mostly 3G, + some hosting domains

if you dont like them .....say so ...i need the input !! :laugh:

3Gbm.com
3Gsb.com
3Gst.com
3Gsc.com
3Gxp.COM
3Gtvs.com
3Gbbs.com
3Gvhf.com
3GProfessional.COM
3GNational.COM
3GMultinational.com
National3G.com
3GWebRing.com
3GProvide.com
3GSimulcast.com
3GCallers.com
3GGamer.com
3GHotlist.com
3GBITES.com
3GBITS.com
3GPrime.com
3GSP3G.COM
3Gsupercomputers.com
3Gsupercomputer.com
3Gsupermobiles.com
3Gsuperphone.com
3GBankers.com
3GHomebank.com
3Gbasics.com
3Gexplained.com
3Gmasters.com
3Gwin.com
3Gringtone.com
3Gtexting.com
3Gcommunication.biz
3Gcommunications.bizl
HostsUS.com
HostsALL.com...
CallPhones.com...
SurfWithTalk.com
SurfOnTalk.com
SurfPlusTalk.com

many thanks
klick.....

Domain summit 2024
J

jimb

I guess these domains could be useful to someone who wanted to brand a business with 3G.

Im not too sure on their value though,

Jim

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They suck.

What an absolute waste of money.

Ask around - most of the losers that registered lots of 3G domains have already dropped them as a bad joke.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KLICKMARKET
Thanks for yor very positive input Drew AND Bert.......
you are both obviously major players in the domain game and are to be highly regarded !!! I can see your membership being of tremendous value to dnforum.com .....keep up the good work .....?? klick!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Your reaction is why few here like to appraise names, including myself. Klick wanted appraisals and said "if you dont like them .....say so ...i need the input" but he seems to have got angry when Drew said they suck. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Drewbert could have said it a little kinder but that's the way he speaks and klick invited the opinion himself, even begged for one.

I do agree those 3-G names seem mostly worthless. Almost all 3-G names are valueless and the owners are letting them drop, (especially the odd lettered ones) after all the amazing hype that went into their promotion to speculators who reg'd zillions.

The exceptions are some (but not all) popular and relevant REAL NAMES & REAL 3G WORDS as dot-coms, such as 3G Network, 3G Data, 3G Music, etc. Most of the many misc 3G names and names with the odd characters, non-com extensions, and lesser used/less well known words & terms really have no apparent value. Sorry, klick.

F

FAIRPLAY

i couldn't help but notice DREWBERTS AND REALNAMES negative comments on this particular posting.....and referred backed to AFTERNICS weekly newsletter (latest)...indicating "sale of the week" as 3GSM.COM for $5900 OR there abouts..!!

Obviously there are people out there buying 3G domains, which on the surface of it DO have good value, which implies that REALNAMES and DREWBERT either haven't got a clue what they are talking about, or they are simply perennial negative personalities. ..... (or maybe both) !!

the full list as posted by klickmarket appears to have some obvious merit.......with some being very good.and others just fair

I beleive in fair play and have tried to give an impartial account
of klickmarkets list....which is what is asked for ??.....bearing in mind that........."contempt breeds contempt"

P

President Gringo

I don't think they are worth much at all, and it looks like it might be some time before 3G mobile services take off. Not something i would have invested in unless it was shit hot.

3g names are not valuable just because they have "3g" in them, in the same way a domain with "business" in it isn't valuable just because business.com sold so high.

the only thing that would make a 3g domain valuable is if the buyer had a specific need the domain addressed - but I don't see any evidence of the 3g licence holders or other companies seeking to supply to that sector as seeing 3g domains as "must owns".

Also, the 3g services may be launched using proprietary brandnames rendering the actual technology names as attractive as wap names (and yes, i fell for the hype and regged a bunch of those :) )

3GNational.COM & National3G.com
*National 3G Broadband coverage & your covered
in both word placement variations. GoodName.

3GGamer.com
** High Potential here **
covers both 'gamers' just plain video games
AND gaming/gambling.

3Gsuperphone.com
Covers the new V/D packet transmission svc's.
good name

3Gbasics.com (i'de grab the .info too)
ideal naming for information about the emerging 3G tech news.

SurfWithTalk.com
Again covers the wireless, broadband internet connection which
includes surfing & talking & rec'g & sending V/D in real time.

* if anyone keeps abreast of the VC monies & who's gettN the money.. it's 4sure the 3G tech industries.

good luck Klicker! '-)

if you actually look at the 3g industry in depth, you'll see it is haemoraging cash and the operators are consolidating and trying to sue anyone they can to get their cash back.

the financial press has had a field day over it and more than one observer has claimed it is unlikely they will ever recoup their licence costs.

T

Tee

I think a few of the names are ok. I also have some 3g names like
3gtechnology.us, 3gtechnology.net, .org, biz and some other 3g names like 3gmultimedia.info, e3g.info, etc.

I think this is still a year away. I'm hoping that there will be a high buzz period when it really starts taking off. Most of the sites that discuss this, att, sprint and others, use the 3gtechnology and 3gwireless phrase a lot in describing their products and I'm hoping as these devices start to work better and improve and really take off that there will be a period where it is a hot phrase beyond when it was initially hot when people first heard of it. Hot because of use not because of hype.

I like your 3gCommunications but I think it would be better in .com , .net or .info but maybe the biz can work.

Good luck with your 3g names!

vialli

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All industries create their own buzz words. Technology is most definately one of these.

3g is coming and in time will be replaced by something new.

However, Klik, when it comes to 3g you have some great names using this terminology. With good marketing and great timing, you should do well with some of these.

As to value, who knows, it is still early days, but at least you had the foresight and are prepared.

Good Luck

T

Tee

One thing i like about 3g is that 4th generation technology is probably very far off so as a technology, we are stuck with the third generation for quite some time I think.

Wireless Firm Vocera Gets $12 Million Series C
CUPERTINO, CALIF. -- Vocera Communications, a developer of wireless communications applications, is expected to announce that it has raised $12 million in Series C funding. [full story]
http://www.vocera.com

Transat Technologies Raises $6 Million Series A
SOUTHLAKE, TEXAS -- Transat Technologies, a developer of software that enables laptop and PDA users to be authenticated and billed from their GSM cellular phone accounts for access to high-speed public and private 802.11 wireless LANs, said it closed its Series A round of funding with $6 million. [full story]
http://www.transat-tech.com

UWB Chipset Developer Wisair Closes $4.3 Million Round One
TEL AVIV, ISRAEL -- Wisair, a developer of ultra wide band (UWB) chipsets for wireless communications, announced the closing of $4.3 million in a first round of financing. [full story]
http://www.wisair.com

and that's just today's VC news regarding 3G tech funding.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FAIRPLAY
i couldn't help but notice DREWBERTS AND REALNAMES negative comments on this particular posting.....and referred backed to AFTERNICS weekly newsletter (latest)...indicating "sale of the week" as 3GSM.COM for $5900 OR there abouts..!!

Obviously there are people out there buying 3G domains, which on the surface of it DO have good value, which implies that REALNAMES and DREWBERT either haven't got a clue what they are talking about, or they are simply perennial negative personalities. ..... (or maybe both) !! the full list as posted by klickmarket appears to have some obvious merit.......with some being very good.and others just fair. I beleive in fair play and have tried to give an impartial account of klickmarkets list....which is what is asked for ??.....bearing in mind that........."contempt breeds contempt"

I am not negative toward 3G names. In fact, I own some myself and some with Real Words & well know Real Terms have value and will likely go up in value if and when 3-G gets more popular and used worldwide.

All I am saying is most are worthless unless there is a solid and well known meaning behind the name.

For example 3GSP.com and 3G.com owners claim they rejected one million $ offers a while back during the 3-G hype days, from what I recall. These names stand for 3G Service Provider, and just plain 3G of course, the best one.

I am not sure what 3GSM could mean. Also, the Afternic Sales of The Week are highly suspect and perhaps false. I recall several sales with suspect bids and one in particular where the Sale of The Week was on a domain which was unreg'd :D by anyone when AN announced the sale!

It later was reg'd for $15 by one of the AN forum members more or less as a joke. Inquiries to AN about that obvioulsy false Sale of The Week met with the typical Afternic non-response. Afternic appears to be little more than an Automated Bot and sucks big time, and could care less about their members. :mad:

M

mike

Does anyone know what the alphanumeric acronym '3G' stands for?

I didn't come across it in the above posts.

Why don't I know? I don't know. I'm from the 3-Dimensional (3-D) generation... You know... the over 40 crowd. Believe me, it's tough keeping up with every acronym that comes down the pike over the years.

Especially when writers don't inform the reader what the acronym stands for, in parenthesis, like one is supposed to, the first time the acronym is mentioned.

T

Tee

Third generation = 3G

Basically referring to wireless devices and their potential applications and the technology behind it.

Originally posted by RealNames

I am not sure what 3GSM could mean.

here's the meaning behind GSM:
It's worth remembering that most of the CEPT’s membership were state monopolies used to considering national interest their prime objective. However, in this case their first step was to recognise that the new industry's economic future relied on hitherto unprecedented levels of pan-European co-operation. To this end, the CEPT established the Groupe Spéciale Mobile (GSM). Its objective was to develop the specification for a pan-European mobile communications network capable of supporting the many millions of subscribers likely to turn to mobile communications in the years ahead.
http://www.gsmworld.com/about/history/history_page4.shtml

worthy link/good info/current tech advancements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators