Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

A question about premium domains.

victorw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My question should have been,what is their purpose in holding domains and do they profit from the sale of these domains?How does that help the community?

Last edited:

victorw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no, completely wrong ICANN is not government. ICANN was setup by the US government, it is now and continues to be, an international, community-driven organization independent of any one government!
Metaphorically speaking, they are the government to the domain community.If they are creating any laws or regulations that we must follow,they are governing.

Reaction score
Sorry, no, completely wrong ICANN is not government. ICANN was setup by the US government, it is now and continues to be, an international, community-driven organization independent of any one government!

Of course! Still, I see it as a domain government :)

victorw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What I'm leading up to is that a Domain name is just an idea until it is created and then it becomes real,so how do you add value to an idea?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so how do you add value to an idea?
Hi

you draw interest in that idea, by how well you can communicate it,
so that it can be envisioned the same in your audiences' mind, as it is in yours.

by creating anticipation, it's adding value to the idea or concept, you're preaching, hyping or predicting will be the next big thingy.
that creates demand, if the name is/gets registered and a product/service is created upon/around it.

like .mobi was supposed to be (default extension in cellular phones), before the iphone was released.
:)

or more recently, take .ai extension and the hype surrounding it and all the crap ai related names for sale.

imo...

victorw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

you draw interest in that idea, by how well you can communicate it,
so that it can be envisioned the same in your audiences' mind, as it is in yours.

by creating anticipation, it's adding value to the idea or concept, you're preaching, hyping or predicting will be the next big thingy.
that creates demand, if the name is/gets registered and a product/service is created upon/around it.

like .mobi was supposed to be (default extension in cellular phones), before the iphone was released.
:)

or more recently, take .ai extension and the hype surrounding it and all the crap ai related names for sale.

imo...
Dotmobi was an actual product that was put in operation. The concept behind dotmobi looked good on paper,in reality it was a extension that didn't live up to the hype.Like most domain names.If you don't have a dictionary domain name or one with a history ,it's just speculation.

Last edited:

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mobi was an actual product,that was in operation. The idea looked good on paper,in reality it was a extension that didn't live up to the hype.Like most domain names.If you don't have a one word domain that is in the dictionary or some history behind the use of that domain,it's just speculation.
I agree. Mobi somehow became a product for a short time when they released this Mobile-Site-Converter, I do not remember the name ... they had a name for it. Who remembers? I think it was Pinky Brand who presented it first. I was somehow shocked when I saw that it is possible. Well short time later Website became responsive. And then sadly bye bye DotMobi.

victorw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I should have said: "How do you set a price on a idea?"

victorw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And what are we doing different? ;)
domainer do the same!!!
It is my firm belief that if an investor owns 100 domain names, they should have at least 10 domain names operating in commerce. An investment/development ratio to prevent abuse.Registrars sell extensions and Domainers sell domain names.

Last edited:

vitrudotcom

Level 2
Reaction score
"Unregistered premium domains" typically refer to domain names that have not yet been claimed or registered by anyone but are considered valuable due to certain desirable qualities. These qualities often include factors like short length, memorability, keyword relevance, and brandability. The term "premium" suggests that these domains are deemed more valuable than others.

Here's a breakdown of the key components:
Unregistered: These domains have not been officially taken or registered by anyone. They are essentially available for anyone to claim.
Premium: The term "premium" in this context signifies that the domain is considered high-quality or valuable.

In the domain industry, there is a market for premium domains where one may actively seek out and invest in these valuable, unregistered domain names. The value of a premium domain is often subjective and can depend on trends, industry relevance, and the potential uses for the domain in building a brand or online presence.

victorw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Unregistered premium domains" typically refer to domain names that have not yet been claimed or registered by anyone but are considered valuable due to certain desirable qualities. These qualities often include factors like short length, memorability, keyword relevance, and brandability. The term "premium" suggests that these domains are deemed more valuable than others.

Here's a breakdown of the key components:
Unregistered: These domains have not been officially taken or registered by anyone. They are essentially available for anyone to claim.
Premium: The term "premium" in this context signifies that the domain is considered high-quality or valuable.

In the domain industry, there is a market for premium domains where one may actively seek out and invest in these valuable, unregistered domain names. The value of a premium domain is often subjective and can depend on trends, industry relevance, and the potential uses for the domain in building a brand or online presence.
I understand the key components.My problem is with the registrars,they deal in wholesale and storage,not retail,and there are other factors that go along with an appraisal.Keywords is not enough and neither is brandability.Unless you have a dictionary, a possible acronym or an aged domain with high traffic. Someone has found a loophole and is gaming the system.It was not like this ten years ago.If it wasn't registered,what ever you found was up to your imagination.A domain name worth is only what a buyer is willing to pay for it.That is what I heard for years before I dropped my keyword rich domains.No one wanted to pay more than $50 for them.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom