Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

About estibot appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteboy48

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to know what you think about estibot.com appraisal. Do they give a good idea about the value of a domain or are they too high or to low? Thanks.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any automated appraisal is pure fantasy. Domains are not houses.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Estibot is a fun tool to get a snapshot of various metrics and hypothetical value. To put the value they place on it into perspective, ask yourself this...Would you pay $650 for underwaear.com? FYI is available...and for a reason.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no appraisal in the domain business.
The price of a name is determined when you have a buyer.
For the same name mom-and-pop company may pay $100 while big company may pay $10,000

fenomeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no appraisal in the domain business.
The price of a name is determined when you have a buyer.
For the same name mom-and-pop company may pay $100 while big company may pay $10,000

I agree. Never take estibot.com or valuate.com too serious. Also, I would not recommend paid appraisal either.
Only few types of domains could be appraised with accurate minimum value only, and they are LLL.coms, quad premium LLLL.coms and similar. All other domains could not be appraised with accuracy.

Fabbstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's what makes domaining so addictive, rewarding and costly. I hand reg'd 2 keyword domains, both showing less than 50 exact google searches per month. Estibot valued them at mid $xx they sold for $700 each. Someone wanted them.

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use Estibot for many of its tools. But for appraisals I break open thousands upon thousands of fortune cookies.

vckc4ever

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Estibot's appraisal is not that accurate, as it's only provide you a value but most of the time, undervalue the domain name.

There are a few estimators in the market and each of them gives you a different value to your domain name.

Best is when a would be buyer is interested in your domain name, either he/she will offer you or normally they will get a professional estimator or appraisal done before offering you what they think it is worth.

clipper

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Useless. A domain is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it, not what some estimator or appraisal service tells you.

vivid

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's hard (well, actually impossible) to automate domain name appraisal, there are too many factors involved, some of them will be always based on human decision. Maybe this comparison is too exaggerated, but I guess it would be impossible to create the automated appraisal of artworks as well :) However, if Estibot tells you that your name is worth that much or that low, it might be just an additional signal for you to take a closer look at why it could decide so.

It is commonly believed that a good approach for appraising your domain is to find some earlier reported similar sales. But you should also take in account when those sales were reported, how hot is that market (was it a single occasional sale or there's a steady demand for such names), and is your name really of comparable quality. The best places for this are namebio.com and dnsaleprice.com. And, reading DNJournal weekly reports helps with being up-to-date with recent sales and getting the feeling of what this or that type of name could be worth in the current conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom