Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Adsense Revenue Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

NameCharger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure... AdWords prices aren't getting any cheaper!

Google has to profit upon their $20B machine to keep shareholders happy and one of the easiest squeezes is payouts to publishers.

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Small update, my revenue is getting better. Making more money on my youtube channel then I thought I would. Had a video go viral and I made some really nice money :) Also licensed a clip of mine to tru tv 3 times and made money there too.

nam6641

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Small update, my revenue is getting better. Making more money on my youtube channel then I thought I would. Had a video go viral and I made some really nice money :) Also licensed a clip of mine to tru tv 3 times and made money there too.

how much did you make when video went viral? $XXX or $X,XXX or ???

LimitedEdition

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, what are the alternatives to AdSense? I just signed up for an account but am wondering if I should go a different direction instead after reading this thread...

suhel

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
keep trying and work hard, you will see amazing results

yanhuang

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The past two months have been really crappy for my Adsense revenue. It has literally dropped 40% from what it was earning before consistently. The traffic on some of my websites shifted, but overall the CPCs has just sucked recently.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My revenue is still fairly steady, all depends on what niche your in really.
That is very true, but I have removed Adsense from all non-performing sites and no longer associate my 'parked' domains with Google parking. (or any parking for that matter)

If it isnt paying out, it isnt worth putting up just to get .28 cents and having a littered site.

'Monetization' needs to be an art, not a function like a footer or header or sidebar.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The past two months have been really crappy for my Adsense revenue. It has literally dropped 40% from what it was earning before consistently. The traffic on some of my websites shifted, but overall the CPCs has just sucked recently.
Usually when this happens, google has changed it algorithm again.

I do know that google is going to stop paying for domains names (URL's) that are forwarded. I believe they have already instituted this on a trial basis to see how it goes before they made this announcement.

So any domain that you have URL forwarding google will essentially block. That's big news.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I would say the big reasons for this would be due to the google panda update (likely you took a hit with organic search traffic). In addition, due to the poor economy, advertisers are likely spending less on adwords. There also seems to be a correlation between rankings and CPC but don't quote me on that.

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, what are the alternatives to AdSense? I just signed up for an account but am wondering if I should go a different direction instead after reading this thread...

Chitika might be of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom