Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed AIMSource.com - Steady Growing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I made an offer I thought was fair and close to the asking price but a deal was not closed.

It doesn't appear anyone else is interested.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still think $800 was not only fair but maybe a bit too much. :)
It doesnt appear you have any interest from anyone else at $2000, at $1500, at $1250, and now $1000. I do believe that means I made you the best and possibly the only offer.

Oh well... I did lots of reading and investigating at the site and didn't see a whole lot of value for it's future as a growing community. People go there for some help and leave. Your member stats are based on asking people to sign up to read the site. Once they see the content I think they click away in general. Also the new owners have better be ready offer AIM support since that is what the site is. It appears the mods there help but after a purchase I think that support may disappear.

I am pretty much convincing myself that even at $800 it's not worth it. I think you most likely won't find a buyer at your asking price. Good luck though.

phrone

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had an appraisal done on this name a while ago - please post comments like that either in that thread or a PM. If you $800 is too much, why did you offer $900 or $1000 credit on your site?

The price now is not $1,000 - it's $1,250.

IM / PM / EMAIL if you want info for it.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh great you had a professional appraisal done. That changes everything. Please show me your official documentation with the appraisal so I can be comfortable offering you over $1000.

And you are right...I did offer $900..reluctantly though. And that just goes to show I offered even closer to what you are considering a fair offer...which is $1000. Obviously I did this without knowing about your Official Registered Professional Appraisal.

Well..how to proceed now that I know the site is properly valued?

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BTW... what is a "cummity"?? :huh:

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BTW... what is a "cummunity"? :huh:

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BTW... what is a "cummunity"? :huh:

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No... that is a community...
Check your sig, dude...

BTW... it seems that not many people are interested in your site. A forum is a heck of a job to keep... unless you have several mods that are willing to keep things clean and in order. It doesn't matter how many members you have. I have a buddy icon site and it has 150 members, but you know why? Because they can do whatever they want without having to sign up. I could do the same lame thing other icon sites like iconhell do, and force people to join my site if they want to have access to it, but what's the point? Have one million members that just sign up, browse a while, and never come back?

Instead of bumping your thread every day, you need to realize that people here aren't interested in it. You can either accept the $800 offer, or continue working on the site, get more traffic to it, get a higher PR for it, and then you can try to sell it.

But if the market is telling you that your price is too high, you can't force people to pay. And seeing your price go down every day is depressing...

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am even less interested after reading more about his members. They tend to spam the site and then he has one guy threatening to hack him and suspend all accounts. They dont look like a nice set of regular members who follow rules.

I think the site has value but its the maintenance factor I have a problem with. I think they are selling because of that and want to work on something better.

phrone

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think I'm selling because I want a change, the AIM scene was fun - but I'm out. I had my turn in it, but I want to go back to reasources and stuff.

As for "They tend to spam the site and then he has one guy threatening to hack him and suspend all accounts. They dont look like a nice set of regular members who follow rules."
He is threating to suspend their AIM ACCOUNTS - HE CAN'T. He did one because he knew the password because a friend told him it. He's nothing to worry about, and I have reported him to his ISP and battled all night with poeple on the net and on the phone - hows that for maintenance?

This price has not gone down every day, there was a kick behind the fall. That I'm not going to explain to you. So are you suggestiong that I don't make people sign up.. so theres 1,000,000 posts by user "guest", yeah.. that'd be real cute.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know why I even bother replying to your snotty post... but what the heck... I have a few minutes to kill...

Let me try to explain it to you like if I was talking to a 5 year old, maybe you will understand...

Little person A goes to your website, and he olny sees an ugly screen asking him to log in or sign up. Little person can't see what your forum is about, so he can either sign up to have access to your site, or hit the back button and never come back...

I think it is pathetic to force people to sign up before they can even see what your site is about. You come here bumping your site 10 thousand times saying how much members you are getting... yeah, let's see homw many come back in the next year...

End of discussion, I have better thing to do with my time... I just find it frustrating seeing your old post bumped every day when no one shows any interest at all in it. Now you have an auction with a starting bid of over 1k... lmao!! What's next? A lottery?

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah....guests read ability is common on a site like yours.

Also I do not have privy information to the AIM chat you had with your hacker but in the thread at your site the guy is rather hostile. I also think a statement like

"He's nothing to worry about, and I have reported him to his ISP and battled all night with poeple on the net and on the phone - hows that for maintenance?"

will only LOWER the value of your site...you seemed to make my point for me that this guy caused you headache and extra work...something a buyer would not be happy with.

I still think your sites real value is somewhere in the $600-$800 range. I offered $900 but I think if you agreed that I would actually have to seriously consider pulling out. I have to really think if I have the time to deal with a site like that. If you read the site you can see a lot of Egos there which is generally true of most forums and that is what makes them difficult to buy unless member moderation is good which apparently AIMSOURCE.com does not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom