Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

developed AIMSource.com - Steady Growing Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

traio

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what exactly is going on with this site.....?? are you guys actually selling, or just keeping the thread alive for promotion???

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes we are selling it. We have had many offers but buyers failed to pay.

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Labrocca, you offer us 900, then decline your own offer, then offer us 500? Whats up with that?

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phrone said:
He spent money on other projects - and doesnt have the time to maintain this site also.

Ok, but that gives him no reason to lowball us.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well it's really simple and you know the answer since you asked this in an AIM session. But since you asked in the thread I will answer. When I made the offer it was on a whim while I was in a buying frenzy. I told u flat out that if u did NOT accept my offer that night that I would most likely make a lower offer the next time.

The reason is simple...your site makes near to nothing for revenue. The traffic is very iffy that it will maintain once sold since most the posts are the owners and friends. They have already expressed they can make a similar site in a month. So it's possible that the new buyer will be holding a dead site within 2 months.

My LONG TERM analysis of aimsource is rather low. And it appears others are smarter than me since they knew to stay away. Heck even $500 might be too much. Also you as sellers seem really HOT to sell....why?

Alexander

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The hits aren't bad. We have been averaging 650 uniques per day the past 2 months. The site is only 2 months old. We have 541 members, 19,660 posts, and 1,560 threads. How can "most of the posts" be from the owners and friends. I do not know any one on my forums personally. I think you have the wrong idea there. They are growing every day. Check this thread and compare the updates. It went from 200 users to 250 then to 350 and so on. We've made a decent amount from Adsense. We could add a popup ad and make triple the amount. The thing I am disappointed about is the offer going from 900 to 500? You don't think that seems a little disrespectful? It's an insult actually because you're wasting my time.

The reason we want to sell it because I don't have time for it anymore. School is starting in a week and I want to focus on school work. We will sell for $900 right now. PM me for stats or any questions.

thomor25

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so who's site does it actually belong to? How do we know that if we pay one the other won't just steal it. It seems there is a power struggle here. As for your site does the 900 dollars mean you get the free host as well. I'm sure if you look under both your names and on other boards people can see all or a majority fo the traffic is from people wanting free hosting accounts from you and a large large percent of the people on the forums had to sign up, and post, and keep posting a specified number of posts each month for their account would get deleted. I would be willing to buy but only as long as I knew the traffic was from the actual site and not from the free hosts and the main site. I'm willing to possibly buy it but I'd want to see some better stats then webalizer, if you can post a tracker or 3rd party visitor counter like http://www.extreme-dm.com/tracking/?reg and if you have it on your pages I'd consider buying it. But I would like verified stats.

yd0

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LoL you should have taken the $900 i think! can i see the screen shots of vbulletin user reg chart!

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I bought the site, would I be able to take over the existing web hosting account, or would I need to move it to my own server? If it would need to be moved, would you handle that part for me?

- Eric
Bored.com

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would pay $550 assuming I can keep the current hosting account. I would want to use escrow.com for the sale, but I would pay the escrow.com fee.

- Eric
Bored.com

Sorry, but I just saw that this domain has possible trademark issues ("AIM") so I will need to withdraw my offer. Although it is probably not a big issue, getting sued by AOL would not be worth it for me. See a related court case at:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/05/21/aol_wins_rights_to_aimster/

- Eric
Bored.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom