Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Al Gore Wants My Domains ClimateProject.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Climateproject(.)com
ClimateProjects(.)com

Obviously I have no intention of extorting more than the domains worth, so I would be interested in the thoughts of the members here on to its GENERIC value.

I would appreciate honest appraisals based on the domain itself and not the potential buyer.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
extort extort extort..I repeat..extort!

on second thought... just push them over for free. :eek:k:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DarkStealth

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Id say 25K each because he's rich he can afford it but first try parking the domains and see what revenue it brings in maybe it would be worth keeping them.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Domain Name, Kevin!
The Mozilla Foundation thanks Kevin Karpenske, the previous owner of the Firefox.com domain, for generously having transferred this domain to our use for the Firefox web browser. Kevin's site can now be found at Quailish.com

holy sh*t now thats cool dude, what did they pay for it? Firefox.com, wow.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Id say 25K each because he's rich he can afford it but first try parking the domains and see what revenue it brings in maybe it would be worth keeping them.

Parking these would be a really crappy thing to do...considering the cause. And imo traffic would be limited and probably not last a long time. They are'nt gonna pay 50k either...that's almost an insult.. they already have their domains..the .org's, they are just trying to get the spillover traffic to the .com's which is a good move imo. But they don't HAVE to have these..

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am actually just inclined to give them the domains as they are a charity, however I on the other hand are not a charity and unable to right off the expense as a charitable donation as it is for an american organisation. Kinda a moral dilema. Perhaps I will leave it for a few days.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EDIT
(At the exact moment I wrote a post suggesting that you donate them and get a deduction, you posted that you couldn't do that. Oh well!)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think their great domains, I would honestly throw a 20K figure out there for each domain.

What you can also do is; have them appraised at Afternic, if there in the 20K range which I think they will be, send the appraisals and indicate you want close to the appraised value, going this route looks more Professional than just throwing a figure out there.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just sell them the domains for half of what you normally would ask in a situation like this, but be expected to meet resistance at any "good" price you give, for some reason when you ask a low figure people complain and lowball and feel like they can steal them from you...if you ask a much higher price they seem to respect it more imo..maybe just send them a paypal request for 5k for both domains and be done with it and wish them the best of luck and make sure they give you credit on the website.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just went to ClimateProject.org, and ZoneAlarm flagged it as a "known spyware Web site"! Interesting ....

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it did crash my browser twice...thought it was just me

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have taken RaiderGirls advice and have requested an Appraisal on AfterNIC.

Randomo.. I got the same flag from that .org site. Some people are just sick in the head.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would at least respond to their email though in the meantime and tell them you are "discussing a sales price" with your partner or something..or some stall.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will take that under advisement Mocus. Thanks

I have removed the domains from parking and redirected them to theclimateproject website until such times as I make a either a business or a moral decision on their future.

Many thanks for all the comments, all very inspiring.

RaiderGirl and Mocus, expect some financial Kudos, should I decide to sell.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Namestrands,

Glad your getting that appraisal, I would really think twice about donating those domains, most of us think that when we donate or give something away, that the person on the recieving end appreciates it, I dont believe your going to get much appreciation from them, instead the guy in charge of aquiring these domains for nothing is going to get all the credit.

If you have kids, put it towards their college fund.....or a party for all us domainers!

I would at least respond to their email though in the meantime and tell them you are "discussing a sales price" with your partner or something..or some stall.

I agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom