Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Alexa Rank: 78,743 Links: 100,000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You are correct, I was trying to be polite :)

Mike

TooMuch2AM

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Let's not blow this out of proportion eh?

So I posted a message that may have caused distress to some, others seem to be fine with my post. To be honest it seems to be pretty 50/50.

I fully accept that if 50% of the respondents to this post are annoyed by my actions that I made a mistake. I'm not here to get anyone's back up, I just want to meet like minded people and maybe do a bit of business whilst I do.

I apologize to the people I've upset and in future I will not post names before they have dropped, but the lack of an FAQ and the name of this forum 'Expiring Domains' is clearly confusing.

We all make mistakes, let's not 'cry over spilt milk' over this - we're a pretty friendly bunch most of the time and I like that.

All the best guys...
Mike :D

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TooMuch2AM, I am of the opinion that it's best to not post dropping domains, but you are very much forgiven for not knowing. I've seen this topic argued before, but I can understand how someone new to the forum might not know. If the admins agree, perhaps a sticky post at the top of Expiring Domains forum about it would prevent this from happening again.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
TooMuch2AM - we already had lengthy discussions here about posting dropping names here *before* droptime.
Seems since then there is something like an unwritten agreement to not post such names anymore.

Just to make it clear for you once again:

The people that "have more power" than you already know the name will drop - no need to "put the word out".
Still posting these names will result in people pushing the NW bids although for most the high bid wont be in their budget anyway.

Get it ?

Its just *not nice* and doesnt help anyone.

But we all had this discussion not too long ago and i dont wanna start it again.

Thanks.

Beatz,
the least you could have done was told the truth..and the TRUTH was the last time this was discussed you had a poll and the the results of that poll was that MOST DNF memebers agreeed that t was OK to to post dropping domains ..

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Scooter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

...the results of that poll was that MOST DNF memebers agreeed that t was OK to to post dropping domains ..

I appears that the population has spoken...

Although, it would have been nice if more people had voted, I am sure the results would have been thrown around more if it had gone the other way.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I've already said, my opinion is that dropping domains shouldn't be posted until after they drop, but if most people disagree with me, that's fine, post away, and I'll just keep my fingers crossed that nobody mentions any of the domain's I'm going for. That's my $0.02. I just hope this doesn't turn into a heated topic with animosity between forum members.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bidawinner - do you really think 51 votes represent 1,5k members ?!

C'mon..:rolleyes:

And what's that about not telling the truth ?!

You call me a liar ?!

As far as i can see i haven't said anything about a poll at all in this thread - but it's just a fact that since that thread/poll noone has been posting any drops BEFORE droptime anymore; which might show that common place indeed has kicked in with most and that the poll result indeed seems to not represent the majority's opinion.
Apart from that, the poll was about *establishing a rule* - so members might have voted against it although they might agree with my general opinion about posting these drops.

Geez - being able to make a difference doesn't seem to be the strongest skill with some members here...

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by _Yakov_

Agreed, Beatz is always pulling a bull shit.

Thanks for your contributing and insightful comment.

What was it again about you claiming *not* following me around and getting personal a few posts earlier ?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Y

_Yakov_

Beatz, stop making bull shit, and quite down and you'll get rid of your feeling that someone fallows you around

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have been through this before. Someone unknowingly posts a domain before it drops. Someone posts that they do not think that this is good or polite. The controversy ensues. The original poster gets it. Apologizes. The people who don't get it and are inconsiderate continue to try to justify this. How sad. :sad:

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure, Yakov, sure - you slowly but surely making a fool out of yourself.

All one has to do is read the thread from the start to see when and by whom the personal bullshit was started.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hiOsilver
We have been through this before. Someone unknowingly posts a domain before it drops. Someone posts that they do not thing that this is good or polite. The controversy ensues. The original poster gets it. Apologizes. The people who don't get it and are inconsiderate continue to try to justify this. How sad. :sad:

Indeed.

That's why i said earlier i have no interest to start a new discussion.
Still seems some people wanna fight their right to stupidity no matter what.

Y

_Yakov_

Sure, Yakov, sure - you slowly but surely making a fool out of yourself.

All one has to do is read the thread from the start to see when and by whom the personal bullshit was started.

Beatz, you are pulling bull shit by saying that most folks would agree with you when if fact poll shows just the opposite.
I'm getting sick and tired of you trying to tell everyone what to do using misleading and faulse statements. Who do you think you are? Quite down and watch yourself, not others.

Y

_Yakov_

Indeed.

That's why i said earlier i have no interest to start a new discussion.
Still seems some people wanna fight their right to stupidity no matter what.

Beatz, you make no sense, just a noise

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This has deteriorated into name calling. Just stop it guys, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom