Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

All Dnf domain catchers united and we beat Pool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Count me in. I have a decent script with API and currently run on about 8 different IP's..I'd be willing to dedicated some of my resources :) (just not my script)

dnol

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol Yofie..
that made my day :)
I'm glad it made you smile. ;)

It is a fact. I did several tests and blogged about them as well. http://www.dotweekly.com/2008/01/18/pending-delete-4l-com-domains-test-4/ which is one of the stories.

Basically, I watched and tracked the Pending Delete 4L's to see who got what. What registrars etc. Now remember, these were Just random 4L.com's . Each day, there was never more then 1 registrar getting more then 1 domain. So on the 1-17-2008 test, out of the 74 pending delete 4L.com's all were captured by Different Registrars. It just shows the power and the competition for dropping domain names.

floyd777

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Drop Catching can only be done with registrar batch credentials - over and beyond the normal registrar credentials. I don't think MyRebel will give you access to the batch credentials - there are 10 guaranteed connections and upto 165 non-guaranteed connections available for batch connections.

If you guys want to use registrar credentials, let me know - we are unrolling our own registrar - in the next 2 to 4 weeks - not MyRebel or reseller accounts but a complete ICANN accredited registrar.

We plan to rent the batch connections out to one of the big fishes drop catchers to generate revenue to sustain the cost of operation but I will be interested in alternate solutions like getting together and pooling our resources to get into the drop catching activity ourselves.

Please PM me for more details.

robmac

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
did this idea go anywhere or die on its *** - i am interested as well if someone iis taking the lead

dnol

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you are an honest,loyao have 100 K USD ,or a coder who can do anything I describe.

We can do.

Or NO way.Because it is really difficult to catch good quality domain name.

robmac

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i have some of those qualities needed however i thought the post was called
" All Dnf domain catchers united and we beat Pool.com"

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would be very interested in this.

If its done by dnforum members, would the drop service require dnforum membership?
I would like that. And the forum owners would like that.

Therefore, it is the forum owners who ought to do this!

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the domain industry would benefit from more competition in this field

some of the current major players wouldn't...

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If its done by dnforum members, would the drop service require dnforum membership?
I would like that. And the forum owners would like that.

Therefore, it is the forum owners who ought to do this!

I believe Adam owns or use to own a registrar.

But, more importantly, I would think Adam would have ZERO interest in doing
a group DNF registrar.

Adam is an executive with Godaddy. And, Godaddy sells backorders for expiring .com domains.
I'm sure Mr. Parson would not appreciate Adam competing with him.

As it has been stated a number of times, 1 or 5 credentials has a slim chance of catching a quality domain.
It can catch a mediocre domain. And, why tie up that money and effort into something you
could easily win at Pool, Namejet or Snapnames for under $ 100.

apostoli

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I am guessing these 'batch credentials' are little used for other domain drops - .org .info (different time of the day) and even .net?

Anyone have any contacts to test this out eg. catching some .infos

I have most of the knowledge re. drop times etc. as I already run API scripts and servers to catch the ones I can.

thats a good idea, but to stand a chance would need to be more than the 1 register, but if we can get enough people involved that may work I do have contacts that can get registrars for roughly $30,000 + the icann fee

If we all work together on this it could work
So the $30k is a once only cost - then just the annual ($7k?) icann fee ?

Interesting.

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do have contacts that can get registrars for roughly $30,000 + the icann fee

Are you saying you can buy an existing registrar for $30k, or you can create new one for that price?

With regard to the "icann fee", are you talking about the non-refundable US $2,500 application fee?

One observation I'd make, is that this isn't a simple process of filling in a form. You need a serious business capability, commercial general liability insurance coverage of at least $500,000, US$70,000 as a working capital requirement - the list goes on!

nathanr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I've looked into this at great extent; I'm a software engineer and have multiple servers and hundreds of ip's to get some multithreaded applications going:

here's whats needed:
1: an accredited registrar
2: the accredited registrars nameStore access details

if anybody can get those two then hit me up and we can get going;

logic: big drop catchers work because they work with lot's of registrar's (apparently); however thats needed when your trying to catch thousands+ of domains; when you only want to catch the 10-30 super premium drops a day then a few servers making 100+ requests a second each to register the domains will easily do the trick; I don't care which company it is; nobody can beat 5000+ requests in 1 second for 1 domain; it's virtually gaurenteed.

:)

floyd777

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late reply - we got very busy in putting together our launch for our registrar and have really started gaining traction in the market.

Now we are ready to get on with the drop catching activities.

Here is what we already have

A fully accredited ICANN registrar for gTLDs
All the necessary namestore details and batch connections

I myself am a software engineer having worked for numerous registrars in the past, so the technology of putting together the API etc. is not a big deal - what we are looking for is partnership (send me a PM and then we can discuss further). I know a couple of you have sent me PMs and I've already replied to them today.

Thanks,

Looking forward to hearing from you - we are getting into the drop catching business by ourselves regardless but it will be nice to partner with all of you.

Thanks

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! what is the name ? or the link pricing etc...

thx,

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting! Want to know some detail

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, but how many domains does pool catch anyway?
I agree 100%. Not to mention their telephone support was rude and pathetic when I waited over two weeks on one domain caught and was never informed. This was over a year ago and have not relied on them since.

Plus, I have never had any luck catching a .com at pool.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you can buy an existing registrar for $30k, or you can create new one for that price?

With regard to the "icann fee", are you talking about the non-refundable US $2,500 application fee?

One observation I'd make, is that this isn't a simple process of filling in a form. You need a serious business capability, commercial general liability insurance coverage of at least $500,000, US$70,000 as a working capital requirement - the list goes on!

I heard that Stevan Lieberman [email protected] has a client that is selling (or leasing out?) a registrar. Don't know the price.

If the registrar is leased out means that the new person doesn't need to meet all of the Icann requirements like liability insurance, working capital, etc.
I'm sure it requires a long term commitment and upfront (forward) payment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators