Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Amazoogle.com Brandability? What your thoughts?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you could certainly keep it as one of many domains you are trying to sell - perhaps with generic PPC on it (although you won't get too many type-ins). The minute you develop it you are asking for trouble - as others have already stated.

It's interesting to me that you ask people's opinions and then you don't seem to want to believe the people you asked.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just forget about it and then just hope we can all forget that you even asked...

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You have included in 1 domain name 2 trademark domains possibility which is totaly illegal.
THough this name is pretty good and can be sold for an high price to an end user but no one will buy it because he knows there are trademark issues in this.
I will give you an advice to throw this to anyone before you get into troubles.

Plus about trademark it means you cant register any name with the company name as in the front or at the end.

Regards
VP

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be too hasty in dismissing this one. I understand the reasoning behind the warnings, but in my opinion, this name would only come under legal scrutiny if the owner was providing services or goods that were 'passing off' as being directly associated with either Amazon or Google. It's also not true that you can't use part of a TM in a domain name. You can when, for example, operating a site that in some way is a 'critique' of the original TM name.

You'll know the most litigious bunch in the field are eBay and PayPal -- PayPalSucks.com has been going for ages, bless it ;)

Controversial topic!

Edit: As of 10 April 05, there were 5090 .com domains with the string 'Google' in them. I've put the list here: http://www.4po.com/google.gz -- right click and 'save as'.

F*ckedGoogle.com has been going for almost a year.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just forget about it and then just hope we can all forget that you even asked...
Oh wait, I already said that...

markp1980

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
I wouldn't be too hasty in dismissing this one. I understand the reasoning behind the warnings, but in my opinion, this name would only come under legal scrutiny if the owner was providing services or goods that were 'passing off' as being directly associated with either Amazon or Google. It's also not true that you can't use part of a TM in a domain name. You can when, for example, operating a site that in some way is a 'critique' of the original TM name.

You'll know the most litigious bunch in the field are eBay and PayPal -- PayPalSucks.com has been going for ages, bless it ;)

Controversial topic!

Edit: As of 10 April 05, there were 5090 .com domains with the string 'Google' in them. I've put the list here: http://www.4po.com/google.gz -- right click and 'save as'.

F*ckedGoogle.com has been going for almost a year.

Finally someone that agrees that it may not be a tm issue.

The domain is Amazoggle

If we are saying its a google tm infringment it only contains 'oggle'

SEARCH RESULTS FOR OOGLE... (lots of sites have oogle in the domain)

www.oogle.com/1k - Cached - Similar pages

Oogle-Noogle Custom Greeting Cards and Hand Painted ShoesOogle-Noogle cards are unique, one of a kind, hand drawn, custom greeting cards.
www.ooglenoogle.com/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

DR.Oogle: Dentist Reviews, Dentist Ratings, Dentist ...Offers a public database of patients' feedback about dental practitioners. Post or read reviews, ratings and recommendations for dentists and dental ...
www.doctoroogle.com/ - 37k - 27 May 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

DR.Oogle - Dentist Recommendations.Dentist recommendations, dentist reviews and dentist ratings.
www.doctoroogle.com/faq.cfm/pageID/5 - 83k - Cached - Similar pages

Toogle Image Search... letoogletoogletoogletoogletoogletoogletoogletoogletoogle toogletoogletoogletoogletoogletoogletoogletoogletoogleto ...
www.c6.org/toogle/ - 16k - 27 May 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

?????????-?oogle - [ Translate this page ]

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if this domain did cause a problem between Him, Amazon, and Google, who would end up with the name. Amazon or Google :-D

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whoever sues him first,

But see if Google sues first, they get the name, amazon sues them, then google sues them back...

Maybe they won't sue him after all ;)

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
TM issues aside, either way I dont honeslty like the name itself...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo just came after me for YPNYAhoo.com, and I believe these companies will do the same with your domain.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whether it is oogle or oggle it's not particularly brandable, and it does have tm issues. You'd be required to develop it in a way that did not overlap with either Amazon or Google (or Goggle) in order to avoid trademark issues.

Imagine that you were living in an alternate universe where Amazon and Google did not exist. In that case would the name amazoogle.com (or amazoggle.com) be brandable? It's about as 'brandable' as dogofinkle.com (for example).

markp1980 said:
Finally someone that agrees that it may not be a tm issue.

The domain is Amazoggle

If we are saying its a google tm infringment it only contains 'oggle'

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
markp1980 said:
The domain is Amazoggle

I'm sorry but when the owner can't even get the domain name right it means they will be typosquatted to hell and back once it launches. Your site will leak traffic like a sieve.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lmao someone just registered this lot and parked it at sedo...

blogoogle.com
blogsgoogle.com
google-adsense.info
googleadsense.org
googleadsenserss.com
googlearn.com
googleforum.net
googleguy.info
googlejuice.com
googlemsn.co.uk
googleproductions.com
googlesindication.com
msngoogle.co.uk
no1googlerank.com

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
lmao someone just registered this lot and parked it at sedo...

blogoogle.com
blogsgoogle.com
google-adsense.info
googleadsense.org
googleadsenserss.com
googlearn.com
googleforum.net
googleguy.info
googlejuice.com
googlemsn.co.uk
googleproductions.com
googlesindication.com
msngoogle.co.uk
no1googlerank.com

Guilty! :evil:

Just playing.. I wouldn't do that.. nope.. not in this lifetime.. nope

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trust us dude, those domains you listed arent nearly as bad as yours...its like a blatant middle finger to both monsters and this post is likely to be used in their icann revoking of your rights to the name! just park it and leave it be till it expires..make sure the content where its parked is like for like amazon rainforest tours or something! lol, trust me I went thru a battle with porsche over buy911.com...and I really reg'd it to be about 9/11 memorabilia! But they have 911 trademarked in the US! lol..what about here in florida when we dial "911" in an emergency? Why dont they sue the florida emergency response dept? lol

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
trust us dude, those domains you listed arent nearly as bad as yours...its like a blatant middle finger to both monsters and this post is likely to be used in their icann revoking of your rights to the name! just park it and leave it be till it expires..make sure the content where its parked is like for like amazon rainforest tours or something! lol, trust me I went thru a battle with porsche over buy911.com...and I really reg'd it to be about 9/11 memorabilia! But they have 911 trademarked in the US! lol..what about here in florida when we dial "911" in an emergency? Why dont they sue the florida emergency response dept? lol

Not sure who you are talking to, but 911 is NOT exclusive to Fla. Most states have the 911 system although some counties don't.

I just heard a while back that if you get Vonage you need to activate 911 or you will not b able to use it for up to 160 or so days... One family had an emergency with a baby and cause 911 did not work, they had to go to the nabour to call 911, so when the medics got there the baby died!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators