Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Amazoogle.com Brandability? What your thoughts?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
trust us dude, those domains you listed arent nearly as bad as yours...its like a blatant middle finger to both monsters and this post is likely to be used in their icann revoking of your rights to the name! just park it and leave it be till it expires..make sure the content where its parked is like for like amazon rainforest tours or something! lol, trust me I went thru a battle with porsche over buy911.com...and I really reg'd it to be about 9/11 memorabilia! But they have 911 trademarked in the US! lol..what about here in florida when we dial "911" in an emergency? Why dont they sue the florida emergency response dept? lol

I thought you couldn't TM numbers or couldn't make it enforceable. Something about Intel and AMD and arguments over the 486 CPU brand leading to the Pentium name back in the 90s rings a bell. Also common words not being in there as well sounds familiar, MS and their attempt with Windows. I'm sure one of the lawyers if they have time and are bored could help us out here.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mocus said:
trust us dude, those domains you listed arent nearly as bad as yours...its like a blatant middle finger to both monsters and this post is likely to be used in their icann revoking of your rights to the name! just park it and leave it be till it expires..make sure the content where its parked is like for like amazon rainforest tours or something! lol, trust me I went thru a battle with porsche over buy911.com...and I really reg'd it to be about 9/11 memorabilia! But they have 911 trademarked in the US! lol..what about here in florida when we dial "911" in an emergency? Why dont they sue the florida emergency response dept? lol

Yeah who are you talking about.?

and why would porche go after you for buy911... of course unless you had the site advertising a porche or porche related..

porche dont have exclusive rights to the name 911.. also they would have to prove that you registered it in bad faith against them..

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, Porche got the domain in 2003???
that aint a Porche site...
but a domainhop parked site

Domain Name: BUY911.COM
Registrar: AAAQ.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.aaaq.com
Referral URL: http://www.aaaq.com
Name Server: A.DNS.HOSTWAY.NET
Name Server: B.DNS.HOSTWAY.NET
Updated Date: 06-dec-2004
Creation Date: 06-oct-2003
Expiration Date: 06-oct-2005

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TM aside I think it's a poor one.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
I emailed Amazon and google to tell them about this domain...

redardless of the fact that I first gave this person my opinion, is it necesary to email them???
He is a fellow DNFer....
:huh:

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted, is it any of your business?

LeftRightOut

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
I emailed Amazon and google to tell them about this domain...

Reporting this guy to the companies would be like reporting you for having an affiliate link in your signature banner :cheeky:

I'm sure google having zone file access would be well aware of every name ending with ogle not just oogle.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I have it still...and they did hand deliver a "cease and desist" order to my doorstep signed by the lawyers of porsche of north america! They claimed my intentions were to mislead people looking to buy porsche 911's and I reg'd it for that purpose, problem for them is I wasnt selling porsches! lol...the domain does get type in traffic, not sure from whom but the .net is parked too and I offered to buy it but the owner declined...I did keep the name and told them to go stick it and take me to court if they wanted it, nothing happened so far..I was hoping at that point they might want to buy it! lol If anyone has any reason to doubt this give me your fax number and I'll fax you a copy..my point is that they are out there looking for domains that "infringe" on their trademarks and porsche DOES have a trademark on "911" ...someone look it up if you want! Anyways...peace and love everyone and good luck with your domain either way..If you don't do anything with it you may not really have a huge problem..but they still might try to bully you. :)

and I never said they took my domain! Buy911.com happens to get a chunk of traffic and I am sure they have researched keywords and type-ins relating to their products, the God HONEST truth is I never ever even thought of porsche back when I reg'd the domain, at the time there was a big stir about 9/11 memorabilia and the domain seemed like the short logical choice with a great keyword in the front..

and yes, I am the one and only notorious Chris Williams!... and other domain forum sites SUCK compared to this one! DNforum rocks!

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I did not mean it as "reporting" him, and was just seeing what that would say, and although Google did not respond, Amazon says the domain is ok.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should'nt do that dude, not cool....bad karma mon

Googles lawyers are preparing their domain deletion request now...lol

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any second I am waiting for this to end up in t&m issues...... Let the domain go. Besides the tm's it's not a very good one either.

pilky

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much do you want for the domain?

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Azamzogoggleshithole.com is still available. Try that one.

This name is still worth nothing....same as the name I suggested.

linkreach

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you asked people what they thought and you are arguing with all of the replies. in a lot of people's opinion obviously, this could lead to a lawsuit or multiple lawsuits. most of these people know what they are talking about. some have them have been in the business probably longer than you, and maybe have been in a situation you were in and know the end result. if you arent going to respect people's opinions, why even post a thread asking how much you think it's worth and if it's usable?

markp1980

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We have so far found out that amazon dont care about the domain

As long as the site is nothing like a search engine I dont see a problem in the name

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators