Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

An important message from Snapnames

Will you use Snapnames, Moniker or any other Oversee company again?

• Yes

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 46.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good News - SnapNames/Oversee.net revised the Release Agreement

I just received an email with a link to a revised agreement. This agreement pretty clearly limits the release to auctions involving the bidding of "halverez". Based on this agreement, I will almost certainly be accepting the "Rebate Offer" from SnapNames. I had asked Oversee.net to reconsider, and they did. For those people looking for wider conspiracies and malfeasance, you can still accept your "rebate" and sign the agreement without too much concern. This is NOT a legal opinion, as I am not a lawyer. I am just telling you what the email and the agreement say to me. So, that is what I am planning to do. I may wait 24 hrs to see if anyone else sees a big hole in my plan.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Acro,

I'm sorry but I'm still not able to discuss anything that's an ongoing legal issue.

Rob
Oversee Support

WHAT "ongoing legal issue"?

Please post a case number and court location. If there is none, then we know you're lying.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Please post a case number and court location. If there is none, then we know you're lying.

Agreed, this is a cover up to keep a lid on this whole mess. The whistle has been blown.

History has proven to us time after time, no one can outrun the LAW! Greed has it's price and in this case, GREED is still attempting to win!

I will not accept any opinion or point of view of any company that has kept a lid on this matter since day 1. Over and over lied to it's loyal customers that their suspicion was incorrect. After so many years of theft from your own customers, the only thing you can say is that ONE PERSON is responsible for this entire operation?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Give me a break, I need a Kit Kat!

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
See it's individuals like you who only TALK BULL $HIT - TALK IS CHEAP MR.Cartoon

If you were a team player like the rest of us who have filed complaints, you would know the Police Agencies also request information on the company as well.

You make me sick, your a FAKE. Making a big fuss in these threads about something we already done!

What are you doing? Honestly, other then shit disturbing us with your silly comments... What have you done? Have you filed one single complaint? Maybe your not a victim of this crime, but you can still file a complaint and link your local/federal police to these threads...

Go fetch yourself a stick and use it to spank yourself for being silly among Elite Domainers!

Have you now? I don't have a case because I was not involved in any of the tainted auctions so I cannot file a complaint because I have no grounds to do so. I know plenty of people that do have grounds because they were affected... presumably you're one of those?

Mr. 24/7... what agency did YOU file a claim with?
While you are eating your candy... find us the info that shows us where you reported anything, why don't ya?

Last edited:

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you? I don't have a case because I was not involved in any of the tainted auctions so I cannot file a complain because I have no grounds to do so. I know plenty of people that do have grounds because they were affected... presumably you're one of those?

Mr. 24/7... what agency did YOU file a claim with?
While you are eating your candy... find us the info that shows us where you reported anything, why don't ya?

I already have NERD. You and your friends talk a lot of $HIT, yet do nothing to protect our industry. JUST TALK AND TALK and TALK.

-Royal Canadian Mounted Police
-Internet Crime Complaint Center(United States)

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hold your horses; apparently Hank Alvarez has already sued himself :D

“One of us has to go!“, said Hank Alvarez, openly upset. “There’s no room for the two of us in the domain shill bidding industry!“, he added – ripping up a Snapnames rebate check.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If Snapnames hasn't sued Nelson Brady, then why is Oversee giving out millions in the form of rebates? We're either waiting for a big announcement or a settlement out of court is in the works.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Snapnames hasn't sued Nelson Brady, then why is Oversee giving out millions in the form of rebates? We're either waiting for a big announcement or a settlement out of court is in the works.

What ever the case may be, the end result will be:

cuffs.jpg

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...You and your friends talk a lot of $HIT, yet do nothing to protect our industry. JUST TALK AND TALK and TALK.

How many ICANN meetings have YOU gone to and participated in, Mr Bigshot?

How many policy discussions have YOU participated in to give domainers a voice?

Oh... here's a good one... who did you VOTE for to be a member of the ICANN board? What? You don't remember that? Really? I thought you were L33T!

You are a hot headed clueless clown, you really are.

oh yeah... do you have a CASE NUMBER?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many ICANN meetings have YOU gone to and participated in, Mr Bigshot?

How many policy discussions have YOU participated in to give domainers a voice?

Oh... here's a good one... who did you VOTE for to be a member of the ICANN board? What? You don't remember that? Really? I thought you were L33T!

You are a hot headed clueless clown, you really are.

oh yeah... do you have a CASE NUMBER?

Your the clown, go read your first post in this thread and work your way to this reply. Your the clown! Talk is Cheap! I close my case JERK.

Only a clown like you would call others CLOWN!

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I doubt Oversee will say much until the yelling stops.

If they have gone to the trouble to limit the agreement just to Halverez auctions, it shows they are at least listening to us. I was one of the ones Skenzo didnt pay when Oversee bought Moniker. I thought it was pretty classy of them to pay us the amount Skenzo stiffed us for.

They have been good to me so far, I'll wait and see what they do.

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This comes up every once in a while where certain prodigious customers at SnapNames are accused of being actually SnapNames itself. This is not the case. SnapNames has not and will not ever participate in an auction it itself is running as an anonymous bidder. We have never done any shill bidding or granted any auction participant any sort of discount or rebate. The price displayed is the price paid, for everyone, Halvarez included. Please email me direct (kjel-at-snapnames.com) with any questions.

So here is a rep. with Snap Names replying over 22 months ago on this thread, stating that they were aware of folks questioning this user name and the noted false bidding activity?

Then he goes on to state - "SnapNames has not and will not ever participate in an auction it itself is running as an anonymous bidder. We have never done any shill bidding or granted any auction participant any sort of discount or rebate. The price displayed is the price paid, for everyone, Halvarez included"

Amazing - They knew at Snap Names and Oversee about this problem for all this time and never looked in to it or stopped it until this past week?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So here is a rep. with Snap Names replying over 22 months ago on this thread, stating that they were aware of folks questioning this user name and the noted false bidding activity?

Then he goes on to state - "SnapNames has not and will not ever participate in an auction it itself is running as an anonymous bidder. We have never done any shill bidding or granted any auction participant any sort of discount or rebate. The price displayed is the price paid, for everyone, Halvarez included"

Amazing - They knew at Snap Names and Oversee about this problem for all this time and never looked in to it or stopped it until this past week?

Exactly!!!!!!! that is why I believe the best resolution to this fraud is the Police Agencies to get involved. The more complaints filed by customers, the more pressure Police Agencies will have to file charges.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
exactly Steve.

And those were just two quotes I found... there were many, many times that he and other Snap reps said the same thing whenever questioned.

They knew.

still waiting for that case number too, 24/clown

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
exactly Steve.

And those were just two quotes I found... there were many, many times that he and other Snap reps said the same thing whenever questioned.

They knew.

When an entire business community points a finger at one of your biggest customers and his practices, and this guy is making you a ton of money, of course you make it your business to know who he is. Any executive that didn't would be considered fully asleep at the wheel. Players big and large keep telling you, in forums and blog posts as far as the eye can see that one of your bidders is really, really suspicious, and you don't know about this guy?? C'mon.

Oversee had a moment where they could have fully disassociated themselves with this reality within Snapnames by publicly and transparently speaking to this AMAZING situation, but instead have decided to simply pull up a legal tarp over their head and keep pushing the lone gunman theory. Personally I think Oversee as a company is watching the goodwill of their company evaporate and the advice they're getting is seriously flawed.

Who do they think they're kidding?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
exactly Steve.

They knew.

still waiting for that case number too, 24/clown

Listen YOU DIRTY CLOWN, Im not going to disclose any case number as that is stupid! Case is under investigation CLOWN.

Last edited by a moderator:

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who do they think they're kidding?
You and all the other guys who continue to bid at snap.

I believe the best resolution to this fraud is the Police Agencies to get involved
The police being totally free of political interference will get you justice?

Thats still their position actually. If you read what they're saying, they still claim it was one individual, with one id, doing 50k transactions. Its upto you to believe them... or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators