Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Another stolen domain: FUSED.com for sale on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buying stolen goods whatever they are IS a criminal offence. Furthermore
it is morally reprehensible as it encourages them to steal more. Who did
you buy it of ,and has he got anymore ..

DG

I didn't buy anything if you bothered to read the thread.

Couple of negative DNF feedback left for Yusio :

10-07-2008 :

09-29-2008 :

lol, and your point is? I PM'd someone for a name, two weeks later, after I no longer wish to purchase it, they tell me they accept my bid. That's not my problem. The second one, i believe occurred because I have received numerous offers on a name and decided not to sell it.

Your own comments here could make you liable to prosecution.

You are a domain launderer.

Oh really? All because I said I was going to buy a name and then resell it makes me guilty of a crime. :?: :lol:

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh really? All because I said I was going to buy a name and then resell it makes me guilty of a crime. :?: :lol:

...dude I have been watching this for too long to say nothing, yes!..absolutely yes. No matter if this is publishable by a court of law, it is just wrong.

Show some integrity, with out that what do you have.... you may argue money, but money in the hands of a person with out integrity is short lived... !ouch! man, take it easy....!

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...dude I have been watching this for too long to say nothing, yes!..absolutely yes. No matter if this is publishable by a court of law, it is just wrong.

Show some integrity, with out that what do you have.... you may argue money, but money in the hands of a person with out integrity is short lived... !ouch! man, take it easy....!

I straight up said I didn't buy the name, nor plan on doing so any longer, so what the hell is the big deal. I just wanted my frigin name taken off of this thread.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I totally understand you did not buy the name, but for my self and many others the intent to do so, or market as so, is just the same as "actually doing it"

As to the name association, well your on your own there, politely ask the members that have made mention of you to erase, which seems like a no.

go to the moderators and plead your case, see how they feel about the use of your name in this thread, maybe they will side with you.

I can see the shame this would have. On top of the great indexing dnf gets in search engines. Which may be the point some members are trying to make by not removing your name.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't buy anything if you bothered to read the thread.

Yusio, sorry I did mean it seriously I meant it "tongue in cheek" as we say in the UK. I dont get involved in such threads as I dont know full facts at all so is not for me to say anything at all.

Such threads are waste of time and not fair really .It is bit like a digital version of the middle age stocks where people stopped and threw rotten vegetables
etc at people locked in stocks. Not my cup of tea.

DG

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Yusio, the problem is that you said that you "wanted" to buy the domain with the knowledge that it was stolen.

Whether you actually did buy it or not is irrelevant.

Anyway, even if someone wanted to flip a stolen name, Acro would have been the last person I would approach lol. It was just asking for trouble :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I straight up said I didn't buy the name, nor plan on doing so any longer, so what the hell is the big deal. I just wanted my frigin name taken off of this thread.

And "straight up" the emails prove that you did engage in communication offering the domain (without having bought it in the first place). Furthermore you said the domain was "in escrow", so I'm expecting you to post the seller's info before Escrow.com is contacted further.

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I laughed when he said "If he got them stolen, not by being an idiot; he should have gotten them back by now." yet said that he could not get his ps-4.com domain back, why could you not get it back? surely you should have got it back if its so easy

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Getting stolen domains back is not necessarily an easy task. Some registrars will play ball with you if your domains are stolen, and can usually help. Others say "not our problem."

If you are dealing with a "not our problem" registrar, your only recourse is a UDRP proceeding or filing in court. The difficulty with a UDRP proceeding is that if you simply held the domain as an investment, you may not have much in the way of "rights" as required by many panelists. However, I think that Darryl Wilson would be a good arbitrator for a case like this -- he's a no-nonsense guy, and I would predict that he might be willing to read the UDRP to cover cases like this.

If you are forced to go to court, either because the UDRP won't help you or because you need the domain back in a rush, that can get pretty pricey -- especially if you are in a rush. I had a client who was a hosting company that got his domain stolen by a guy who used the fake name "Mario Stoker." We had to seek a TRO in federal court in order to get his domain back -- since his whole hosting company was suffering as you can well imagine.

If your domain gets stolen, chances are it was a violation of 18 USC sect. 1030 -- which provides for both criminal and civil penalties. I'd imagine that most law enforcement would not take it too seriously, but there is that option.

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I laughed when he said "If he got them stolen, not by being an idiot; he should have gotten them back by now." yet said that he could not get his ps-4.com domain back, why could you not get it back? surely you should have got it back if its so easy
lol, lets think about this.. i said not by being stupid. I lost it by being stupid, not knowing about escrow at the time, and got ripped off through paypal. I'm pretty sure I stated this previously, so read the thread before you post.

lol, Let's be real mature and leave false iTrader on me.. "Scummy bastard, dont call yourself a domainer, people like you ruin the industry"

All you people are hating on me because I said i wanted to buy a domain, and never did so. I didn't know that was a crime. So before you open up your stupid mouths, think about what you're saying and accusing me of. I didn't do anything nor do I plan on doing anything. And escrow payments can be canceled by the way. In case you didn't know that. lol And you have no more information about the current owner than I do, all of his information is on the who-is. So lets chill out and stop acting like I have a history with this guy.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
man, you just don't get it. No one said you committed a crime here. People are saying you "intended" to commmit a crime by offering to buy it with the knowledge it was a stolen name. Whether it materialised or not is not the point of discussion here.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The wois info behind yusio.com.
I have seen that name in some thread, somewhere.

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The wois info behind yusio.com.
I have seen that name in some thread, somewhere.

I don't own that domain any more. I sold it awhile back.

man, you just don't get it. No one said you committed a crime here. People are saying you "intended" to commmit a crime by offering to buy it with the knowledge it was a stolen name. Whether it materialised or not is not the point of discussion here.

Well look at my most recent iTrader and you tell me if people are taking this a bit too far. That was uncalled for.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A quick update:

Juicy Web Tech is a legitimate company that had their main domain (juicywebtech.com) and the domains controlled by it stolen, several months ago. The main domain has been returned and secured, while they're currently working to reclaim their domains.

So far these domains have been identified as stolen: Fused.com, Arrows.com, Nachos.com and I'm sure there are more.

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A quick update:

Juicy Web Tech is a legitimate company that had their main domain (juicywebtech.com) and the domains controlled by it stolen, several months ago. The main domain has been returned and secured, while they're currently working to reclaim their domains.

So far these domains have been identified as stolen: Fused.com, Arrows.com, Nachos.com and I'm sure there are more.

Nachos.com is in the featured inventory of domainfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom