Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone remember user "danielg"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's time for these internet criminals to go in jail.

I'm waiting this day for years.

yes :D

that low life scum bucket needs a jury that will be honest and listen to his BS excuses before finding him guilty on all counts... before hanging him, its only fair that even a piece of crap like him gets a fair chance to be heard before locking the door and throwing away the key Forever!!! , we need 12 jury members open minded people like "myself" that havent already made their minds up that this snake has to...feel pain... I don't want to sound like I made my mind up yet, its still open really...he could get life or hung im good with either. :pound:

where do I sign up for jury duty?.... :D

T

tekz999

I am very happy a domain thief went to jail!
He deserves it!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fortunately he does not reside in California. California has three strikes laws and he must have stolen at least 3 domains :)

DTalk

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
White collar crims go to jail in the US all the time for fraud & theft...

This B**stard is a lowlife thief. If they've got him on toast, I don't see a court letting him walk - plea, or no plea.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they can be roommates... nice find

:yo:

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He even used his fiancée's maiden name.
No sweet pillow talk tonight :)

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And, it is also a felony to buy stolen goods.
If this pattern of arrest continues, they will eventually go after the buyers.

A novice or newbie can plead ignorance.
But, if a "pro" domainer gets caught a couple times, he could be charged under the
RICO act. (federal).

You don't have to be a U.S. citizen to be charged under RICO.*

Like many situations, it is usually only one or two bad apples that tarnish an industry.
I'm sure 95+% domainers are honest and honorable people.

Domainers are already thought to be cybersquatters and low lifes.
Are we eventually going to be included in the same category as thieves, bank robbers, etc. ???

* RICO.
If you are charged and you live outside the U.S., they can eventually arrest if you
enter the U.S. or any of its territories.
For example, If your plane flight goes thru the U.S., Guam, Puerto Rico, (Iraq ??)
Isn't that what happened with the guys that ran an offshore gambling site?

Last edited:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This isn't the first arrest, I guy I used to live by sold Sofa.com from underneath his employer in 07 and got 6 years in the slammer:

http://domainnamewire.com/2007/08/06/200000-sofacom-domain-name-stolen-by-employee/

Correction, he's only got 1 year and should be out of jail by now..... And this case if far different than the one were discussing now, he was an employee of the company and was convicted on multiple counts of embezzlement, such as using company credit cards, it was not just for hijacking Sofa.com.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The only way this guy is going to get 3-5 years as you say, is if it goes to trial, and it WONT... His defense Attorney will push for a plea before that happens... It cost the City too much money to take a criminal case to trial,

Just so you know this is a state prosecution. They had to justify this case already and wouldn't have brought it this far if they weren't going to push for a conviction imho. There's a lot of "cyber-crime" out there and there's no point wasting tax dollars going after a small conviction.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are going to make an example out of this guy...and for stealing, he deserves it.

Like I said before, typos are a much better play for you law breakers out there, stealing a domain name is a surefire way to get your a$s locked up..typos/tm names are only a civil matter...for now at least.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geez, he's an ugly Mutha fxxxxx... he would make nice targets...:lol::lol::lol:

Just what I was thinking...BTW, nice avatar ;)

Who's next to get their collar felt; 9mm...?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnforum.com/member-danielg.html

Apparently he's been charged with stealing p2p.com and selling it on ebay for 100k to Lakers player Mark Madsen.

----------
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stor...n-name-theft-080309/?california&zIndex=143182

NJ man charged with Web name theft, sale on eBay

The Associated Press
8:45 a.m. August 3, 2009

UNION, N.J. — A northern New Jersey man is charged with stealing a prime piece of Internet real estate and reselling it for more than $100,000.

Authorities say Daniel Goncalves, 25, of Union, hacked into the online account belonging to one of the owners of the P2P.com domain name. He allegedly shifted ownership to himself and resold the Web site address on eBay to professional basketball player Mark Madsen of the Los Angeles Clippers.

Goncalves faces felony charges of theft by unlawful taking or deception, identity theft, and computer theft. State police say each of the three counts carried a maximum sentence of 10 years. They expect a formal announcement with additional information Monday afternoon.

Goncalves, who did not respond to a reporter's phone calls, is free on a $60,000 bond.

oh, the double irony

check his concern and detective work in post 12
http://www.dnforum.com/f417/hacked-cc-premium-great-name-thread-244226.html

check the domain in question too. you can't write this irony

hope the biatch eats pillow in the slammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom