Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed anyone sold a .ws lately?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024
J

jimb

I haven't seen any, maybe one or two around here, but thats about it.

Jim

he he,

I'll donate 100 dan dollars to anyone who can find an auction (must be public- and a genuine sale :D ) this year where a .ws name has sold for more than than $20.

:D :D

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
To have sold a .ws I would have first had to buy one.

And that would be admitting that I got sucked in by the marketing machine for one of the silliest ccTLD's out there.

And we coldn't have that.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah'HuH' Drewbert..

From down old Mexico way huh wouldn't happen to have any
handgunsales by any chance would ya, sounds like a GP i used to know. :)

Originally posted by updatedsports
i sold one last week for $50. ....some one else here had to have sold one.

cool.. you sold a .ws for $50

do you mind disclosing the name?

would help to discern the .ws names
which are 'resellable'

thanks
msMay

if you could pick between the two names listed.. which would you pick. consider the ability to marke the name in email, radio & print.

Cookware.ws
Cook-Ware.net
?? which would you pick?

face.ws
or
face.info /biz

booksellers.ws
or
book-sellers.org

champs.ws
or
champs.org

childcare.ws
or
child-care.com

cigarettes.ws
or
cigarettes.info

BusinessPlan.ws
or
Business-Plan.info/org

cocaine.wis
or
cocaine.biz

corvette.ws
or
corvette.org

debitcard.ws
or
Debit-Card.com

deer.ws
or
deer.info

equipment.ws
or
equipment.info

Darling.ws
or
Darling.org

just seeking an opinion.. on the choices?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drewbert
To have sold a .ws I would have first had to buy one. And that would be admitting that I got sucked in by the marketing machine for one of the silliest ccTLD's out there. And we coldn't have that.

Yes, the .WS Registry marketing was slick indeed. In fact, I would use a stronger term and say it was basically fraud in that at first they announced in their heavy marketing WS really meant World Sites. Lots of buyers came upon hearing that claim.

Later on, they changed it to meaning Web Sites. Of course both were false as it really meant Western Samoa. Many people reg'd those names believing their marketing hype that it meant World Sites or Websites. Many more buyers arrived based on the new fraudulent advertising claim.

I personally know someone who reg'd hundreds, more likely thousands of WS names, based on the misleading advertising. I was actually the first one to break the sad news it stood for Western Samoa, which he said he was not aware of :rolleyes:

At first he refused to even believe it. He was very depressed to learn that and find out the WS marketing he was suckered into was fraudulent. The WS Registry should have been reported to the FTC for their fraudulent marketing.

Later he developed a well done and costly web-site for selling his large portfolio of WS Names, but from what I understand he never sold any as they are basically worthless. To add insult to injury he spent vast amounts of time and money developing that WS resale website trying to salvage his huge losses but to no avail. :mad:

updatedsports

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i've bought 2.ws domains in the last 2 weeks and sold them both so you can find buyers for them but they have to be good one word domain names or 2 very good key words.

.ws domain names are good for making a personal web site where you are not selling any products but they are worthless for business web sites.

Thats what concerns me the most with cctld's sold as gtld's. People get suckered.

The worst case I can remember was the fake "beauty.cc" sale and the wave of people that followed using it to evidence why their .cc domains must be valuable.

i'm sure there is a market at the <$50 level for them for personal sites and novelty emails etc - but like you say upsports, mainstream businesses aren't adopting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators