• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Anyone successful using DotReg.com (DomWish) for backorders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
383
Reaction score
1
Just wanted to see if any ones had any success with these guys. I've backordered with em and haven't caught anything . Think the counts at about 15 failed attempts. At this rate they're making ExpireFish look good. :rolleyes:
 
Once had something "won" but it turned out to be an error :-(
 
Never used it.
I think it's like the dead fish....

Bean
 
ExpireGuy said:
the counts at about 15 failed attempts. At this rate they're making ExpireFish look good. :rolleyes:

Hello ExpireGuy,

I don't think 15 failed attempts is enough to tell good-or-bad.

For my catches recently:

Namewinner is 1 for 55

Snaps is 1 for 15

Godaddy is 1 for 35

Pool is 24 for 30

ExpireFish is 0 for 0
*last time I tried to use their system, it didn't even work! Their support sucked SOO bad that I eventually disputed my credit card deposit because they wouldn't give me a refund --after refusing to fix their problem (which I detailed and explicitly instructed them on how to fix).

Cheers,

Wesley
 
Steen said:
Once had something "won" but it turned out to be an error :-(

Well, "you won an error".
Better something than nothing :-D
 
I only used it once for a domain I really wanted. Domain went to pool.
 
Thanks for the comparison chart puravida. Very interesting. Surprised actually at the Namewinner ratio. Much like dvdrip I backordered with DotReg to get a name I was really hunting for. Snaps got it. Since then nada ting :(
 
DomWish is not really worth it. You can't exchange the backorder so you lose your money if they don't get it.
 
dvdrip said:
DomWish is not really worth it. You can't exchange the backorder so you lose your money if they don't get it.

Whooooah! You're kidding.

With the monopolistic Pool running around, there's no way I'd throw my money away on any service that didn't allow unlimited exchanges.

Wow. What a stupid business model on their part. Or, maybe not.

Maybe I'll start up a "domain catching business" and charge just $5 per domain with no exchanges and see how many people send me money. :evil:

-Wesley
 
DotReg do allow exchanges, but like snaps they are based on a one year term. But at about 100 bucks a backorder through their rather convuluted DomWish interface, I'm think it's a bit pricey considering the other rates other first come first serve services are charging.
 
hhmmm, unless they changed theit policy within the last two weeks they don't allow exchanges. You use one credit to backorder a domain and then another 4 if you win.
If you don't win you lose that one credit, not 5.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom