• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: andyreed.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dilpreet

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
283
Reaction score
0
Domain Name: andyreed.com

Message:
name domain.
THX.

come on. .com names are hard to find these days.

He could be some upcoming celebrity, probably in the future.
 
Jagusa said:
I don't see any value in it.

How can you not see any value in it? It is worth it to renew it every year for the rest of your life. At some point in the next 40 years you will get paid off. It is a common enough name to have decent value without having someone become famous. I have my name and if I didn't I would pay at least 1k for it.

Many domainers don't even have their name in dotcom, and most of them run the risk of regretting that at some point in the future. Never, ever sell an individual name for under $300....and that's if they aren't famous at all. If they think that little of themselves then they don't deserve it.
 
I just checked to see if my name was available in .com. My name is Herbert Moyer, which is available, but I want HerbMoyer.com and apparently, theres some politician with the same name. I personally don't care, what am I gonna do with my personal name .com anywaY? My life isn't that interesting that anyone else would want to read about it.

btw. "andy reed" has 86 OVT without ext... so some people are already searching for him, whoever he is (im too lazy to checK)
 
Head coach of the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles.
 
WhoDatDog said:
How can you not see any value in it? It is worth it to renew it every year for the rest of your life. At some point in the next 40 years you will get paid off. It is a common enough name to have decent value without having someone become famous. I have my name and if I didn't I would pay at least 1k for it.

Many domainers don't even have their name in dotcom, and most of them run the risk of regretting that at some point in the future. Never, ever sell an individual name for under $300....and that's if they aren't famous at all. If they think that little of themselves then they don't deserve it.

LOL :-)

As the owner posted this is the name of a pretty famous NFL head coach. I would say $50+...maybe a little more developed.
 
I live in PA, shows how much I follow sports... haha
 
I wasn't sure if "That" Andy Reed spelled it like this. Even more reason to have it. If I were Herbert Moyer I would definitely register your name in dotcom. All it takes is one ex-wife, one business enemy, or another Herbert Moyer doing something stupid....pay the $8 per year as insurance against all of that.

Also, you may decide sell some of your domain knowledge in the form of books one day, and you will want to have your name. You better grab it right now.

GT Web said:
LOL :-)

As the owner posted this is the name of a pretty famous NFL head coach. I would say $50+...maybe a little more developed.

[mod]Rules: 3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectively and thoughtfully.[/mod]

Just checked and the football coach spells it Reid.
 
My apologies...actually the coach's name is spelled Andy Reid. It's late.
 
I dont want my name in .com... If some crap goes down I'll just change my name or go by a psuedonym... I've never liked my name anyway... Herbert is fine for 60 year olds, not for 26 year olds...
 
I was incorrect, this is a typo and as such is worthless.

Lets all play nice now...this is only an appraisal thread :-)
 
i agree, given the obvious error contained in this name it is worth reg fee
 
I too like the idea of one's name as a domain, however it is much better to have just the surname i.e. reid or moyer.

I came too late to get my surname .com however I made sure to get ritson.eu when it was released and I shall pay the 11 euros every year to keep it.
 
I knew an Andy Reed, but he is NOT famous in any kind of way.....
 
Continued advice from people who have never dealt in individual names is always nice. I would listen to them...maybe try IDN's or .us, or even .biz. No one would ever want their name in dotcom.....can't be more than one Andy Reed in the whole world. Andy isn't common at all, and I have never heard of the last name Reed. Delete it at once.
 
I disagree - Play the domain name game. Switchboard.com found 40 "Andy Reeds" and 100+ "Andrew Reeds". I am sure one of them would like the "vanity domain". I have mine. Make sure you charge less for the name than might cost them in a UDRP resolution. $100 - to $500 seems about right.
 
WhoDatDog said:
Continued advice from people who have never dealt in individual names is always nice. I would listen to them...maybe try IDN's or .us, or even .biz. No one would ever want their name in dotcom.....can't be more than one Andy Reed in the whole world. Andy isn't common at all, and I have never heard of the last name Reed. Delete it at once.

You really think you know everything, don't you?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom