• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: backpack.info & MORE

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
1,442
Reaction score
0
Domain Name: backpack.info

Message:
Backpack.info ... I just purchased this name ... any ideas on value?

I am curious to see if I got a bargain ...

I also own Backpackers.info which I am slowly developing into a backpacking forum.
 
I like the domain name backpack.info . In the States, we really do not use the term "backpackers", rather "campers", "hikers", or "travellers".

We do - and so does most of Europe (I believe) - use the term "backpack" extensively to designate the bag worn on the back or more commonly for students to carry books to school. Derivation of "bookpack".

A portal/sales site for the "backpacks" as well as some sizing, construction, selection information would draw pretty good traffic worldwide, I think.

IMO - that is/will be a solid 10k end user name. Reseller $4k-5k today.
 
well..I think 5k-10K might be a little much...Its a good name, but it is still a .info ..I bet you could find a buyer rather soon for $500 to 1K, but anything more will take a long time and a really motivated buyer I bet, also because "backpacking" would be the better word..it is def. worth developing it in order to create real value here..
 
More appraisals would be great appreciated, I have got the backpacking forum up and running, currently I dont have much time for the site, but come next year I will be devoting alot of time to getting the site marketed and so forth. Backpack travel is of a high interest to me. Cheers
 
I think you could fetch low $xxxx for just the domain.

Nice pick up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom