• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: bbf.at (please I got an offer and need advice)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
2,588
Reaction score
5
Domain Name: bbf.at (please I got an offer and need advice)

Message:
Hello, I got an e-mail that looks pretty genuine from an Austrain company asking me to

"make us a Reasonable offer, since this domain will be
for private use only."

What do you think?
Thanks everyone.
 
Well first it will depend on which company is planning to buy it.....how deep is their pockets

if the domain is easily brandable with their name then the price could be higher.... say a mid XXXX to high XXXX

What are they offering ????

Make a fair deal as for that name, buyers wuld be difficult to come by...

"make us a Reasonable offer, since this domain will be
for private use only."

Everybody say that, dont fall for that...

Get more info before pressing for your final price
 
You may do better and find more out about who you are dealing with by offering a lease proposal, if they want it bad enough they may jump on it and it may be better for you long term.
Best of luck!
 
italiandragon said:
"make us a Reasonable offer, since this domain will be
for private use only."

Someone must canned this sentence and sold bunch.
I saw it so many times it's boring.

Why would they need to pay extra $ when they can just
register IF they are going to use it privately?
 
copper said:
Someone must canned this sentence and sold bunch.
I saw it so many times it's boring.

Why would they need to pay extra $ when they can just
register IF they are going to use it privately?

that`s a very good point.

Thanks to all of your opinions, the company seems genuine, I did not even have time to advertise the name at all and they sent me an e-mail I guess checking the whois and calling me by my name so they took their time otherwise no one knew that I was the registrant of this name.
They did not offer any amount, this is their e-mail:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
dear mr. Lorenzo,

we are interested in purchasing www.bbf.at from you.

could you please make us an Reasonable offer, since this domain will be
for private use only.

thank you very much and greetings from tirol

_____



-----------------------------------------------------------

The e-mail comes from the same address displayed in the website so it appears not to be a scam for those appraisals.
I am aware of still decent availability of LLL.at, despite good combinations are nearly finished.

OXCELL said:
You may do better and find more out about who you are dealing with by offering a lease proposal, if they want it bad enough they may jump on it and it may be better for you long term.
Best of luck!

That`s another good idea but I think that it would require some paperwork...I do not know, I have done that.

Uhm...before to answer them, I would like a few more opinions...maybe anyone from Austria here?
 
before I write back to them, does anyone else want to express an opinion?

Cheers
 
klub arbeit translates as work club. It is a professional organisation unless it's staff using the company mail to offer to buy.

I would think that the letters bbf mean something unique and sought after for them.
 
yes but what? I have no idea....I don`t want to ask exagerations but the highest .at this year was:

KFZ.at €6,500 = $7,742 Sedo 2/14/06


Well, I won`t expect that....but I won`t expect less than $ 1,000 if they want it badly.

Thank you for your opinion.
 
italiandragon said:
yes but what? I have no idea....I don`t want to ask exagerations but the highest .at this year was:

KFZ.at €6,500 = $7,742 Sedo 2/14/06


Well, I won`t expect that....but I won`t expect less than $ 1,000 if they want it badly.

Thank you for your opinion.

Let them take the lead, you then counter with
the fact that kfz.at sold earlier in the year...

IMHO, the domain has little value to anyone other
than a company who uses bbf as a trading reference,
and I don't think there will be many who do.
 
My guess would be that bbf stands for "Bodenbeschaffungsfonds" that means its a fund that is investing in lots (realestate). thats just a guess though..could be its just his initials.. you can't compare that to kfz.at though because kfz means car in german...
 
domainah said:
My guess would be that bbf stands for "Bodenbeschaffungsfonds" that means its a fund that is investing in lots (realestate). thats just a guess though..could be its just his initials.. you can't compare that to kfz.at though because kfz means car in german...

thank you very much...I know I can`t compare also because it was only one at that price but forgive me, I thought car in german was "wagen"
 
wagon is the german for car. Also auto is car in german. But i think he is refering to Kabrio FahrZeug.

Not sure tho.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom