• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: downlo4d.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d_n

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
707
Reaction score
0
Domain Name: downlo4d.com

Message:
Hi there! Just another NewBie...
What about the appraisal of those domains containing a number instead of a letter ('specially "A")? I own some of them, dealing with interesting names...
 
Not even a 100, or maybe 1k?
 
dn2buy said:
Not even a 100, or maybe 1k?

lol....Nope Sorry not even $10

Download.com is huge and nobody is going to accidentlly hit the number 4 instead of "a"
 
FilthyVentures said:
lol....Nope Sorry not even $10

Download.com is huge and nobody is going to accidentlly hit the number 4 instead of "a"

Well, is a DN only worth mistyped name? Wouldn't it be good to get almost the exact one? (I know I know, i'm a :der: newB...)
 
I rather like it, selling it off not worth much.
But good development potential!
 
Dzordz said:
I rather like it, selling it off not worth much.
But good development potential!
Thanks Dzordz! At least a bit encouraging! I have some others like CHE4P.com, or J4CKPOT.com... BTW, what about the "mail adresses" like [email protected]? Any comments appreciated...:kiss:
 
Dzordz said:
I beg to differ!

Luckily we are all entitled to an opinion :)
well.. everything ..has potential if you develop it..so that doesn't mean a whole lot..and in case you want to develop anything you might wanna use something that people actually remember how to spell...reg fee at best IMO
 
dn2buy said:
Thanks Dzordz! At least a bit encouraging! I have some others like CHE4P.com, or J4CKPOT.com... BTW, what about the "mail adresses" like [email protected]? Any comments appreciated...:kiss:

Nevermind! You may want to check out the newbie forum.

The email idea is unique but WORTHLESS and you will do nothing but waste money

Any domain with a number/s in them are almost always worth reg fee at best undeveloped but even developed it will still be based on income generated not the name.

How many very popular websites have "numbers" in the name? As far as I know 0 (zero)

Read through these forums and others and you will see they arent worth crap
 
Thanks to all. I'll have a look further...
 
FilthyVentures said:
How many very popular websites have "numbers" in the name? As far as I know 0 (zero)


Motel6.com comes to mind. But it's not using the 6 as a "letter" like the original post.
 
benebuck said:
Motel6.com comes to mind. But it's not using the 6 as a "letter" like the original post.

like I said no very popular websites

Motel6.com is not a popular website by any means...lol
 
It is a useless name and those appraisers who have said "reg fee" are grossly over-rating the name. The good news is that every single day that goes by you will get smarter and make less mistakes.

Every person in the domain game can look back at their initial purchases with a smile because they are often ridiculous and funny. In no time at all you will have great names as long as you keep it simple and don't try to re-invent the wheel (and step up to the plate with some real money).

Good luck.
 
i would probably pay 25 cents for it..

Sorry but if your register lets you delete names you should.

Not trying to be harsh, but it is a worthless name.

Look around, read the forums.. you will learn a lot. Good luck in the future :)
 
Thanks for those last appraisals. I came reading 'round this forum to learn, and that's what's happening. I'll try getting more experience and better names... Thanks for supporting!
 
I personally dont like numbers that look like letters in domains. The only one type i might buy would be domains that have zero instead of 'o'. Thats a lot more identical than A and 4. It definitely wouldnt be for a webmaster or business oriented site. More like a game or teen site (12-25 year olds) who would think its cool' and have good memory to remember to type "0" instead of "o".

LOOk : L00K (Look, you might have to wonder for a second which one is number)


I think you are directly or indirectly promoting the generic domain owner and doing him a favor. If someone sees your domain (CHE4P.com) they ll probably later on remember it as cheap.com and just visit it.

Also, if you are still going to register domains with numbers that look like letters, I suggest you go for celebrity names. There are lot of crazy fans who would love to have fake celebrity domain names ;)

www.emin3m.com is for sale! (probably owner didnt get clicks)

http://www.3minem.com/ (a landing page)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom