• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: Eighteen.tv

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

levdrules

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2002
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Domain Name: Eighteen.tv

Message:
Please Appraise!
 
This is the best appraisal i got!

Anyone outthere that understands where this this name can be used for and wants to give an appraisal?
 
levdrules always be thankful when someone take the time to give you advice. A good appraisal isnt always an appraisal you were hoping for. Unless you have something that entitles eighteen to its extention, in this case .tv, then it makes no sense. The extention ALWAYS has to fit for their to be significant value. I honestly see no value in .tv domain names, but thats just my opinion.

Goodluck,
Andrew Shaw
 
well thanks for your thoughts!
 
There's something about it that I like, but since I probably wouldn't register it if it was available then I'd have to say it isn't worth much right now. The .tv extention is a legitimate one, but it really doesn't fit this name. I could see the name 18.tv having some value, so you might want to sell it to them if it is a developed site. The .tv's really need to make sense because there is a big difference between a renewal fee of $8 and one of $35.
 
FYI:

seventeen.tv is an available premium name! $ 1,000.00 / year

18.tv is an available premium name! $ 10,000.00 / year

16.tv is an available premium name! $ 1,000.00 / year

eleven.tv is an available premium name! $ 500.00 / year
 
Sounds appropriate for adult type of sites.
 
The .TV extension is very negative what with the ext being rarely if ever typed-in and costing an excessive $35/yr to renew.

I only have 2 .tv's and thinking about non-renewing both since they are non-profitable even though they do get some income and traffic and are listed in the SE's, even with page rank's. The .tv registry makes it tough to exceed the renewal fee as far as net income goes. However, if they were <$10 yr to renew they would be profitable and keepers.
 
eighteen.tv is not bad. You could try to develop a website yourself and attract web users to the site. See how many type-ins you get.

Harold Hunter Jr., Esq.

Hunter Law Office, PLLC
464 Eastway Drive
Charlotte, NC 28205
 
A big issue with .tv's is with type-ins they will most always use the .com first i.e. eighteen.com, and even if they are specifically looking for a .tv ext they will often type it in this way: eighteentv.com, or possibly eighteen.tv.com, (like a sub-domain).
 
I have sold a .tv for $2,500, but it was related to a new network. Also, I have CollegeGameDay.tv and it sometimes gets 40-50 uniques on Saturday and Sunday during college football and basketball. ESPN has a show by the same name. People will type it in if it is relavant.

Eighteen.tv could be relavant at some point. Just like TwentyFour.tv is probably worth more than the reg fee.....just checked, and it's a website with links for the show 24.
 
I too have sold .TVs for $XXXXs and have others @ sedo making their worth back while I also turn down $XXXX offers.

I think this is a fair catch for a .TV but agree that .TV's pricing model is not the best and sales are not consistent. Personally, while Seventeen, 17, and others may hold high Reg Fees, that is a misperception to the reality of the market imo. I let a 3-word Adult .TV drop and now they have it up for $10,000 per yr rego - and I know it doesn't get that much traffic.

I would appraise this name @ $XX-$XXX on up.

Best Success In ALL Your Endeavours!
 
offer recieved @ Sedo $1000 , domainname is up in the featured listings for another 26 days!

Anyone got a better offer?
 
I think the offer you got is exactly what it is worth. It is an excellent adult name.
 
1K usd for eighteen.tv sell it.
 
no i think i hold on to this one a bit longer.

Goes well for an adult channel and something else type in google "eighteen television" and you understand
 
levdrules said:
no i think i hold on to this one a bit longer.

Goes well for an adult channel and something else type in google "eighteen television" and you understand
..."eighteen television" ..has only 267 results in google..you probably didnt use the quotes when doing that search, which you have to of course...take the offer !
 
hi m8 just open the first hit in google
ill hope you see that it might be atractive for them
 
Nice domain. Nice offer of $1,000.

If you need the money, take it. If you can afford to sit on this one for a couple more years, sit on it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom