• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: Kirl.com (opinions needed)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my 2 cents.....

Well kirl its not a us dictionary word so it has no real meaning. I also googled "kirl" and got a few results.

KIRL is/was a bankrupt radio station in st.louis

KIRL.net is Kens Indoor Racing League

I also couldnt see it used as a humor or game site but I suppose you could really use anything if you want

I personally dont see any value above reg fee, since there are a ton of LLLL.com names that have no "real" meaning still available at reg fee.

Hope this helped
 
How does it sound when you say it? Good, bad?
OK

Is it easy to pronouce it in your language?
Yes.

Would you say it's memorable?
Yes - reasonably

Could it fit a game or humor site?
Not too sure about that
 
This being the "appraisals" section I would value it at mid xx. It is a very ambiguos name. Yes it's pronouncable, but it conflicts with FAR too many similar spellings.....

kirl
curl
kurl
qurl
qirl
cirl
curl
kurl
qurl

This takes tremendous value away from it as "kirl" at least in English is not what people would type if hearing the word phonetically. SO to answer the rest of your questions.

It 'sounds' ok
Pronunciation not bad.
Not memorable. Conflicts with WAY too many different words and other possible spellings.
Don't feel it's suitable for a game or humour site.

I have a bunch of LLLL.coms in this category as well. Easy to say looking at it, but just conflicts alot with other letters. And that takes away from the name unless it can be branded as an acronym instead of a stand alone word.

Best of luck
 
Got to say, I agree with j-milan to the letter, no pun intended. You will always have to spell it out when telling someone the name

Jas
 
Agree with j-milan. Too many different variations, and the name is too vague to have any real value. $XX - $XXX.

-Joe
 
i think it is a good name which doesn't mean anything but at least has some confusing pronunciation. i would value it at a high $xxx
 
I wasn't going to give a value, but as everyone else seems to be, I would put it at US$20-$60 to a reseller.

Enduser could be $300 to $700 plus, depending on purchaser.
 
agreed as stated above. Not a word with any meaning. Only good thing is the four letter domains are somewhat valuable.

low xxx..

just my thoughts
good luck
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom