• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: MesotheliomaRemedies.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
346
Reaction score
1
Domain Name: MesotheliomaRemedies.com

Message:
I hadn't heard of this word until this morning, and just learned what this keyword is worth -- top overture bids of $100! So I bought it.

Seems like this is all about lawsuits for the disease. So, remedies can be legal or medical.

Good one or not?
 
Very hard name to remember and can easily be spelt wrong, problem is that the only remedies are surgery or treatment in a hospital and those who have it would already know that. I would say reg fee in my opinion as it could be thought of as a spam name.
 
I did the same thing as you did.

Heard it for the first time couple of months back and registered MesotheliomaSymptom.eu

I havent got any traffic on it.
But since your is .com may be it will work out better ..all the best

also have a look at this thread, which I had started when I bought the domain. Let me know how it owrks out with your domain.


http://www.dnforum.com/thread147616.html

cheers
bdss
 
I recently sold 3 Mesothelioma names as a package, one a developed site, but only for $75...

I found that the ads did not pay close to what they say, and maybe averaged about $0.30 per click... So I would agree that this would likely barely be worth reg fee.... sorry...
 
I too registered 2 names to test out ppc on mesothelioma bids, but was also dissapointed by low payout. Best way to get $ for it is probably on ebay where someone else is thinking the same thing about high payouts.
 
i own several mesothelioma dot infos which anyway do not get any much traffic but I am inclined to think that since yours is a dot com it might receive traffic. Its worth could be a mid to high xx.
good luck
 
Low $XX - Mid $XX
 
hunnam said:
Very hard name to remember and can easily be spelt wrong....


That's why I own several typos's... SEO optimized sites with top placement on Google and still making little..

Steve
 
Not very catchy name... My guess would be: Hardly a $50 if any...
 
spectre said:
I too registered 2 names to test out ppc on mesothelioma bids, but was also dissapointed by low payout. Best way to get $ for it is probably on ebay where someone else is thinking the same thing about high payouts.

The high ppc bids are for the lawyer/lawsuit ads. I have heard of the +$50 clicks but the best I've seen is $4 from my mesothelioma barrister .com

I think that the bids are just going down right now for this particular keyword. I suspect the lawyers were expecting to land more cases per click than they actualy have.

Just checked the bids and there isn't even a bid for my domain any more :disappoin
 
I have some top ranked Mesothelioma sites that get SQUAT from google adwords. The bygone days were it was big big news is gone by the way side.

The money was in Mesothelioma lawsuits, due to all the class action suits back in early 2004-2005 about people working with Asbestos and suffering from this cancer.

Lemon Law was another big PPC keyword and not that is fading out.

Law Related sites will do much better but Remedies??? not convinced.. so I would have to say RegFee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom