Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Appraisal Please

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,

I was just asked if I wanted to sell my domain but have absolutely no clue as to its worth. The name is yearning4learning.com, it's an e-learning website that I just started. I will most likely not sell it but I am very curious as to its worth.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Susan:shy:

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yearning4learning.com - as a domain is worth reg fees, but as a site is very much worth developing as it's catchy and sounds nice.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by firecracker
Sorry nothing!!!

I don't understand 'nothing!!!' If somebody asked to buy your domain name, it must be worth something above the reg fees.

quack :D

Originally posted by DotComster
yearning4learning.com - as a domain is worth reg fees, but as a site is very much worth developing as it's catchy and sounds nice.

Thank you for those kind words...I'll just keep developing it as planned. I was actually very suprised to have gotten a request to sell it.

Susan

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In that you plan to continue development of yearning4learning.com, I suggest that you also register yearningforlearning.com.

Originally posted by domainduck
In that you plan to continue development of yearning4learning.com, I suggest that you also register yearningforlearning.com.

Thank you for the tip, I hadn't thought about that...

Susan

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure you do it ( buy yearningforlearning.com ) before your potential buyer figures it out. If for no other reason than you don't want people competing for traffic with you.

Good luck with your site. As to value...probably not much as a name itself but developed could have possibilities for considerable more value.

Originally posted by domainduck
I don't understand 'nothing!!!' If somebody asked to buy your domain name, it must be worth something above the reg fees.

Thats true for that moment in time, but if the potential buyer changes their mind (or wasn't serious) then the value evaporates if theres no obvious fallback suitors.

A deal isn't done till the cash is in the bank as they say :)

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys

Thats true for that moment in time, but if the potential buyer changes their mind (or wasn't serious) then the value evaporates if theres no obvious fallback suitors.

A deal isn't done till the cash is in the bank as they say :)

Thats way too true Safe ..... I've been part of a few of those great sales that just evaporated.

But in this case if eteacher wants to sell or develop the site...spending an extra 10$ to get the other name...is probably $10 well spent.

I agree entirely izoot, i think the "for" domain is better than the "4" one.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Personally I think both suck, i hate "for" and "4" domains.

i should qualify what i was saying, i think the "for" works better than the "4" for the domain - but i still don't think this particular domain has any real resale value.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nic
Personally I think both suck, i hate "for" and "4" domains.

Your missing the point. eteacher wanters to develop this name.
Somebody had already inquired about it, so while it may suck to you.
It has some value to others.

eteacher said that they were going to continue to develop it, therefore
having the "for" version makes complete sense. ITs. $10 bux well spent to avoid confusion and loss of traffic.

Its not a resale name . . . but does everything have to be?

Its not a resale name . . . but does everything have to be?

no izoot, but its listed in a "domain appraisal" thread so people appraise it as a resale name.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats true....

But sometimes I guess I have the illusion that people will look at all aspects of value. What is the resale value,what is the development value.

sorry, just woke up...lots of illusions in the morning : )

The development argument tends to be used by people who have domains that don't have inherent resale value but its a totally different thing.

You can take any domain name, develop it spend money and time building and promoting it and generate a *site* that has value - the level of this value depends on the skills etc put in - so to try and guess what the domain holders abilities/budget might be is impossible.

the other side is, most companies that pay good dollar for a domain want to use the domain for their existing/planned product rather than use the site - those kind of sales where people want the developed site tend to be ebay/hobby webmaster sales and the prices achieved reflect that.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Safe ... I agree with that all.

Going back to the beginning of this thread. eTeacher had someone inquire about this domain. So therefore, it is worth something to someone. They asked how much and pretty much only got a response that the name sucked.

I'm not the best person to price things ( I actually find it damn hard ), but we have some pros that could have certainly offered more info than it sucks or its worthless.

They have a interested party.... so should they respond to them by saying well....its not a great name you can just have it?

Thats all I'm saying...no its not the most appealing name with the 4 or the for.

Personally what I would do is just leave it to the inquiring party to make an offer. Let them name the price...or at least the starting point.

Anyhow...dats all I had to say : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom